How do you eat cake? forks vs hands vs ?

Morgen/Tara

1. 1. How do you eat cake? (normally)

• Fork
    • spoon
    • Hands
    • Spork
    • other please state bellow
  2. 2. How do you think cake should be eaten?

• hands
    • fork
    • spoon/ other

This poll is closed to new votes

Morgen/Tara

Reading the where's the weirdest place you've eaten cake, alot of people disagree on how cake should be eaten, I'm curious to what you think and how you eat cake.

I prefer to use a fork. In a café, having to use fingers that may not be clean isn't good, and cakes with buttercream or jam are very messy as finger food.

However, a knife is necessary for pastries and scones, followed by hopefully clean fingers. :)

TheLeafBunny

Fork, in most cases, though spoon works too when a good fork isn't available (if that makes sense?).

Vyanni Krace

A fork. But if there is no fork I will use Splayds.

NinjaRobot

What? Why do so many people use forks? Cake is a dessert food. Spoons are for desserts. :S

What? Why do so many people use forks? Cake is a dessert food. Spoons are for desserts. :S

It takes skill to eat anything with the incorrect utensil.

But I wouldn't recommend soup with a fork....

vast_ocean

I would go with using a spoon if it's a cake with cream or anything that could lead to messy fingers.

I eat them like my snickers bars, with fork and knife.

No hands, always! No matter how greasy it becomes ^^

depends on what type of cake. If ice cream is served alongside it. I would use spoon. if it's a creamy cake, I'd use fork. but I use my clean hands too, if the cake has no icing or cream.

I think ppl should eat whatever they feel comfortable with

Depends on the type of cake, but I generally eat one with a fork. If it's one of those dry ones (without cream or anything) I use my hands but I'd NEVER eat a cake with a spoon, though that's probably just because I have an irrational fear of spoons.

If I have cake with icecream (which is yummy) I'll use a spoon otherwise I get icecream everywhere! Just cake = fork. I am picky with my cake eating. First I eat up the non-icing side (which ahs to be on the right side of the plate). Then I eat the icing only. Then I finish the other side. I get really cross if my cake is given to me the wrong way around as I then have to flip it and get my fingers sticky.

I'm not weird I swear. Just a bit fussy with cake eating. :)

Morgen/Tara

Fork fork fork fork fork!!!

Spoon, of course. Soft, chewy foods are meant to eaten with a spoon. Forks are for meat, vegetables, basically hard/crunchy foods.

I usually eat cake with a fork, but a spoon or spork is okay if there's no forks available. I'm really messy and klutzy so I don't trust myself to use my hands.

SquirrelCat

It depends a bit on the type of cake but either fork or spoon.

If I am at home, surrounded by people I know, feel comfortable and relaxed, then it is hands all the way.

If I am out and about, in a restaurant, Starbucks etc., then I will use a fork or a spoon, depending on the consistency of the cake.

Gloopy, runny and sticky= Spoon.

Firm, but moist= Fork.

Squirrel Combat

Tongs! :twisted:

iliketaters22

Always with a fork, unless there's no forks around, then a spoon is acceptable. Anything else is blasphemy. :P

Firstly, I'll assess the 'vibes' of the cafe or my hosts. It's another 'spectrum'!

If it's a laid-back, very informal [even slobbish], I'll use my digits. :cake:s feel as much as they look & taste!

At the super-formal extreme, I'd poke into the :cake: with an antique :cake:-fork and nibble on it...for an hour! Cia :cake:

Swimfreak660

I usually use a fork, but I see no problem with using another utensil or hands.

Janus the Fox

Depends on the cake, hand, folk, spoon and depends if its hot, cold, crumbly or whats it covered in.

I eat with my mouth. Do you?

Nah I eat with my butt :D

South Park joke ;)

I generally prefer to use a fork. Forks make it easier to "slide/slice" into a cake easily. Spoons smush it. And spoons make rounded bites. I like straight forks for cakes. I will eat cupcakes by hand, as well as some other types of cakes. But those are my own preferences for how I eat. I wouldn't presume to tell anyone else how they should eat their cake.

WhenSummersGone

I use a fork and I voted fork for the second question.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I say spoon, because I automatically assume dessert=spoon (even if fork is easier for some cakes).

• 2 weeks later...
Morgen/Tara

I use a fork and I voted fork for the second question.

Me too :P

There is a local flavor of icecream available called 'Birthday Cake', which is vanilla bean icecream with big chunks of birthday cake in it, not raw dough but big fluffy hunks of real delicious cake! For this, I use a spoon. But under normal circumstances I use a fork ~ though sometimes fingers will do, but not at the table!

Icecream with cake, Spoon.

Just cake(icing or not), fork. Although occasionally if there isn't icing I'll just use my hands, not often though.

If it's a snacky cake(hostess and stuff, they're good to. xD) then hands, obviously. :3

You people are making me want cake but I don't have any right now. :c Gonna try to make one by scratch. cx

Archived