Mid Life Crisis

wolfpup

14 hours ago, prib23 said:

Some people have a mid life crisis thru their entire life. I hear some say they are "Free spirits" or "happy go lucky" to romantasize it all. Others say, " He spent all his money amd time on wine, women and song and wasted the rest." 

I had no idea the midlife crisis was a Freudian concept. Thanks for enlightening me. Glad it was challenged by  modern psychologist.

I think that is so true, Prib.  Yes, a so named "free spirit" is likely going through a life-long life crisis. :lol:

I think a crisis in one's life is a crisis that causes a reevaluation of one's life, no matter what age they are.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

In my later 50's, just starting to say 'life's too short...' if having a mid life crisis means changing career, getting tattoos, striking out to see new places and wondering what my raison d'etre is, now that my offspring is happy and successful in her life....well, I must be having one!:lol:

• 8 months later...

I got my first tattoo at 42, I'd only had one holiday as an adult, that was when I went to New York for the millennium, last year I went on another holiday, did the same again this year, also got some more tattoos, nothing too adventurous, but up until recently, I'd paid off all of my family's debts, helped with family's deposits for homes and school, my family's attitude is that I'm single, no chance of ever being in any form of relationship, when I die, they have to pay inheritance taxes, so they might as well get whatever they can whilst I'm alive, the fuss and stink because I'm living my life, you wouldn't believe that I have worked for it 

Archived