• 10 years old
    • 20 years old
    • 30 years old
    • 40 years old
    • 50 years old
    • 60+ years old

This poll is closed to new votes

SlightlyToxicXmasShrub

10 years old without a second of hesitation.

I've always been a child at heart. The only downside I could see would be that I wouldn't be able to drive, but then again I don't really like driving anyways. I was just a sliver away from my maximum/current height at ten - I was one of the tallest kids in my class through elementary school until everyone else suddenly hit their growth spurts - so it's not like I'd be dealing with a great height difference. Also, what I wouldn't give for my 10 year old, pre-adolescent body, slight chub and all. Ah, I miss 10 year old me.

As long as I could keep my bank of knowledge, experiences, and skills from my current age, I'd be perfectly happy.

I selected 10, but 7 is closer to where I think I would have stopped growing if I had a choice actually. People wouldn't find it odd that I have no sexual attraction nor desire. It was also the last time I had clear skin.

...As long as I could keep my bank of knowledge, experiences, and skills from my current age, I'd be perfectly happy....

Yup.

SlightlyToxicXmasShrub

I selected 10, but 7 is closer to where I think I would have stopped growing if I had a choice actually.

You want to be 7 too!? :D I didn't mention it in my post, but that's actually the age I feel I am at heart.

My former roommate once commented, after I pulled out a CapriSun juice-box one afternoon, "What are you, seven?

I paused for a moment, took a swig of the juice-box and replied "Well, yeah."

I selected 10, but 7 is closer to where I think I would have stopped growing if I had a choice actually.

You want to be 7 too!? :D I didn't mention it in my post, but that's actually the age I feel I am at heart.

My former roommate once commented, after I pulled out a CapriSun juice-box one afternoon, "What are you, seven?

I paused for a moment, took a swig of the juice-box and replied "Well, yeah."

..I stopped drinking Capri-Suns because of the added sugars...

5_♦♣

My current age. Sure, I miss my carefree childhood. On the other hand though, kids don't have as much freedom. I mean, when you're 10 (or 7 or w/e), you have to ask permission just to go to the washroom at school. Plus, being a kid today is different from when I was a kid in the 90s-schools and their parents are bubble wrapping them.

My current age. Sure, I miss my carefree childhood. On the other hand though, kids don't have as much freedom. I mean, when you're 10 (or 7 or w/e), you have to ask permission just to go to the washroom at school. Plus, being a kid today is different from when I was a kid in the 90s-schools and their parents are bubble wrapping them.

Well, the topic was just "If you could choose an age" and I ran with the concept how I wanted. If it was choosing to live exactly like I was indefinitely, then no I wouldn't do it.

Edit- I think the best answer is the post following this one lol...

Lies_As_Lau

I'd choose all of the ages. I'd be both young and old. Wise, yet innocent. Of course this is an impossible thing to obtain in this reality so I'll just make due with this manifestation's age

Swimfreak660

I would choose 20, at that age you are beginning to become independent but still young enough that you don't have issues like back problems, or other physical issues that come with age.

I selected 20 in the survey, but I would actually love to be 18 forever. At that point you have all the freedom and independence of adulthood (well most of at at least), but are still young enough to enjoy life and not worry to much about the future. Now that I'm a couple of months from beginning my 20s, I feel like there's so much pressure to start a career and stop being childish, which I imagine will only get worse as I get older.

Batman's Ace

20 (or a few years older)

Young enough that I still wouldn't get too much pressure to drink alcohol, old enough that I can drive and get a job and nobody will order me to eat everything on my plate whether I like it or not, and the perfect age to stay in schools of various kinds and keep learning fascinating things forever.

Starbogen

I'm not exactly sure why but my choice was 40... I guess it's because I find people in their forties attractive because they're more developed in a sense. I mean, sure, you could know who you are and be wise at a much younger or older age than forty, but for some reason I associate midlife crises with the road to becoming more confident and comfortable with your entire self after going through some hard times, and getting sexier for it. I identify with that and that usually happens to people in their forties, so 40...

Ten would be great for being carefree but you'd have to live by your parents' rules.

Twenty would be great for having fun but there'd be no security.

Thirty always sounds dull to me for some reason (I guess because that's the age people are usually expected to start settling down).

And everything else is too old for me.

I'm going with 30.

Because I hate children. I hated BEING a child.

I love the freedom of 30s. I can be my own person.

And it's still plenty young enough to do what you and want and be relatively care free.

Personally thought there'd be more 10s for the thrill of being a kid/getting away with stuff.

Swimfreak660

Personally thought there'd be more 10s for the thrill of being a kid/getting away with stuff.

Being 10 is fun, but you have to live with your parents rules and no real independence. You are often looked down upon for being a child and while there isn't much expected of you there is so much that you cannot do because of your age.

Prokhorov

Went for 20, which is the closest to my own age.

Despite being a grouchy homebody 99% of the time, if circumstance does by chance happen to flush me out into the open world, most people regard me well as a young, lively, colorful individual full of promise who might be potentially interesting to interact with. Then it's back to work and school and cooking and cleaning and not interacting with anybody in any manner other than professionally for another 3 months, and all is well in the world of an apparently middle-aged hermit masquerading as a 20-something.

helana12_03

10 years old. No worries, you can get away with pretty much anything, no medical problems, everyone thinks you're an innocent little kid, no taxes, no bills, no rent, no one really expects you to date, no one expects you to get a job and work 40+ hours a week, you have plenty of free time, age 10 is pure fun. The only boring and annoying thing you have to do is go to school and you can easily sleep though that. You can't sleep through your job, bills or taxes. I also really miss the way my body and face looked at age 10.

Am I the only one who's shocked by how many people picked 20, and even more shocked by those who picked 10? :P

30 for me (and I'm currently 21). By that age, I will probably have a job and be living on my own. I wouldn't give up independence for youth, ever.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

Either 20 or 40, don't want to have to deal with everyone asking when I'm getting married, having kids, buying a house etc. which I associate with the late 20s and 30s. I agree with what someone said about there being no security in your 20s, though.

DeletedAcc

I chose 10 because when you're a kid life is much easier, no stress with college or jobs or marriage or whatever and people don't really expect things of you because you're 10.

Will my mental state remain as it is now or not??

If it does remain the same, then I would like to be physically twenty again... I'm hitting the Big Four this year, and I start feeling the first agey discomforts (which sure has a lot to do with, you know, being fat for 95% of my lifetime).

If mental state does change, too, then I'll stay right where I am, thankies. Psychologically, I've probably never in my life been better off than I am today. :)

Waist of Thyme

From the options, 20 is the closest. I've always felt somewhere between 16 and 19.

romantic-woman

This is my topic :)

I chose 20, i always felt 17 to 20 and i stopped there. I feel a child in heart and a teen on behaviour. I can't accept how quickly time goes by and i didn't realised when those nice ages left. I didn't live as i want and i wanna go back to 17+ to change some things. Time scares me a lot, i want to do things but i can't follow the years.

The truth is that all live once every year in life and time cannot come back, this is sad. Forever a teen then and don't pay attention to what other people demand from you XD

LaMaestra

40. At 40 you are old enough to be considered mature yet still young enough to enjoy yourself.

I was happier at 40 than I was at 20. And I was definitely happier at 40 than I was at 10.

20 years but 18 is fine. As long as I'm old enough to move out of the house which is currently where my train of thought is I just need to find someone to move with. I don't want to be bound to staying in a place where I don't feel comfortable

Squirrel Combat

30. Becuase I'm hoping it will be better than 20 was.

Hated being a kid, too. Especially the lack of control. Did that many ppl on AVEN have a good childhood? It's good thing.

20? I was still figuring things out. Religion, sexuality, companionship.

30 is best because you are in good physical health. Easier to travel at this age, but old enough to appreciate culture and the world around you.

Mentally, older ages might be okay, but I am happy with 30.

30 would be nice. If I didn't have any young kids, that is, which I did then. 30 and single.

I would say 12, just young enough that my voice has not changed yet, and still not sexually mature (which means I don't have a libido). I also look more feminine then.

littleheartsofjoy

I'm not 30 yet even though I'll be halfway there in a bit (October, so I can start using 24.5 lol), but I choose that. I hated 20. I was very insecure at 20 and was going through feelings of inadequacy in life in general, and the relationship that I had at the time didn't help at all.

Archived