not sure if im asexual or just dont like people

day1

hi, i am new to this site and i believe that i may be asexual because i have no desire for sex anymore, at first i thought that it was because i started early and getting tired of it , but i really believe that i am no longer interested in sex , i feel like its a chore, i have been single since high school, i recently got into a relationship that i have a hard time putting any effort into it because i know that they are

sexual , and i have told them on different occasions that sex is not a big deal to me, the reason i am not sure if i am asexual because i like to receive oral sex, but i have no desire to return the favor, or even mover further to having vaginal sex. i find it hard to explain my sexuality to people because i am attracted to both men and women but not in a sexual way i am more attracted to style, and looks, and the way people think, and how they treat me, honestly when i think of sex i think of diseases and i cannot get that out of my head ,

because not only do i believe that other people could potentially harm my body with just a simple act as sex , i have no desire to be intimate i don't like to kiss , hugs make me feel uncomfortable , and i hate to hear other people complain about my lack of affection or appreciation , and i don't want to make people feel like they are unwanted, but i have a desire to be with someone but only if they can

understand that im not going to want to have sex all the time like them. and i honestly could say that i dont like people because they let you down in more ways than one and i feel like im the only person who understands me , but like i said i have a desire to be with someone which is contradicting.

AWhiteGyrfalcon

Hi!

Welcome to ACE! I hope you feel welcome around here!

I'm not sure how much help I can be - as I don't believe in giving advice or my opinion on another's sexuality - that is your business and only you should be able to say who you love and desire sex with or desire no sex with as it were lol. Be careful of labels - labels can be good and bad at times. So don't feel you have to find a label to fit you, sometimes we just are. :-)

It does sound like you may be Grey ACE or Grey Romantic Ace that likes sensuality (meaning you like affection and to be touched, as long as its non sexual - ie away from the genitals) from what you are saying - but you also may be a libidoist or a bi romantic asexual. Bare in mind I'm very new to asexuality myself and a still learning what the various types of asexuality mean.

I can relate to your journey though - as I'm like you as I desire romantic relationships - mainly from men - I too get attracted by the warmth, intelligent and charisma of someone's mind. I mostly identify as straight, but I find some women attractive and fascinating, I also find I like to be around women (I'm kinda scared of men). I too have no desire to have sex, but I like sensuality too - ie cuddles, being touched in a non sexual way.

Anyway hope my words give you encouragement that someone at least understands where your coming from and relates to you!

Hi day1. Nice MJ avatar, and welcome!

Curious covered things pretty well. A suggestion re posting: I have trouble reading a long dense paragraph, and others might also -- sometimes it's hard to separate the sentences in my head. Maybe you could split the sentences up into smaller paragraphs?

i will repost thanks for the advice

Welcome to AVEN :cake:

I've fixed your first post above here (see the "Edit" button?) and removed the new one from the other forum, 'cause posting the same thing more than once isn't needed.

I hope AVEN will help you figure out your identity :)

Hi and welcome to AVEN! I think you're on the right track coming here and opening up about yourself...keep reading around and thinking about how some of the other experiences might relate to you. This is a great place to figure out if the asexual, grey, or demi label is right for you. Thanks for the great intro! :)

cake-smiley-emoticon.gifgraphics-cake-244464.gifslice-of-cake-smiley-emoticon.pnggraphics-cake-244464.gifcake_cg-1.pnggraphics-cake-244464.gifcake-smiley-emoticon.gif

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gif

glitter-cupcake-with-cherry-smiley-emoti

Archived