Anyone here scared or unsettled by breasts?

John Ellsworth 7

John Ellsworth 7

Does anyone else here have mastrophobia/fear of breasts? I do.

Whenever I see breasts that aren't covered up enough, I feel unsettled, disoriented or slightly sick, up to the point of having panic attacks.

Nope. I used to be rather repulsed by nekkidness in general, but that was when I was younger and presumably not as mature.

Nowadays I'm just like... so what?

I am terribly bored by breasts, they may as well not be there as far as I am concerned.

editingatwork

I'm mostly indifferent to mine, aside from occasionally wishing they were smaller so they'd be less hassle. I don't care about other people's breasts, although I think I feel uneasy seeing exposed or partially-exposed breasts because it reminds me that people think about them sexually, and that they may think about MINE sexually, and that's always made me feel weird. <_<

(And if you ever wanted proof that breasts are thought of as sexual, try to buy a bra that isn't padded or isn't shaped for maximum fullness and perkiness. Ugh. Sports bras are the best, I just want the things contained!)

If I had phobia of breast, I'd be in deep troubles :o

catsaregood

I'm mostly indifferent to mine, aside from occasionally wishing they were smaller so they'd be less hassle. I don't care about other people's breasts, although I think I feel uneasy seeing exposed or partially-exposed breasts because it reminds me that people think about them sexually, and that they may think about MINE sexually, and that's always made me feel weird. <_<

(And if you ever wanted proof that breasts are thought of as sexual, try to buy a bra that isn't padded or isn't shaped for maximum fullness and perkiness. Ugh. Sports bras are the best, I just want the things contained!)

I agree! Since people tend to be turned on by breasts, I feel like even when I'm well covered that my chest draws attention that I really don't want! And yes, it's very difficult to find bras that don't enhance your breasts, so frustrating...I don't particularly dislike them, but I'm not that comfortable around partially-exposed breasts either, again because of the attention, and the likelihood that sexuals will be aroused, or at least "sexually interested" I guess.

Fate Amenable To Change

*is currently in the process of growing boobies*

Love 'em. Except when I bump into things. That hurts. I apologize for contributing to the fears of some people here, though.

Maelstrom_17

Same here. I wish that they didn't exist so that people wouldn't suddenly have a so-called "romantic" interest (aka sexual interest) in me just by looking at me.

I have no interest in breasts. They are about as interesting as someone's stomach when you don't attribute 'sex' to them.

NewfangledArtist

Eh, when I was about 8 or 9 and starting to grow them I had a nightmare about boobs (I know, laugh. It does sound funny now). I had an odd dream where there were headless people everywhere in my house, kinda like living human mannequins. I'd be talking to someone and POOF, their head disappeared. Then one person's boobs split in half and fell off, there was ordinary looking cow milk literally swirling around clockwise inside them like a washing machine. That dream creeped me out a lot afterwards, for years to come I wasn't 'phobic' of breasts (thank higher power, since I'm kinda stuck with 'em...) I just felt childishly 'yucked out' by seeing them. I refused to look at mine or anyone elses because of that nightmare... :P

Didn't get over that thinking they were moderately gross and not wanting to see them until adolescence. Now I just think they're boring. I've stared at life models naked, yep I have to look for hours in a row sometimes, I just continue not to care or admire them, even from an artistic perspective I just don't admire anything of the female human form unlike many other artists - especially not the breasts. Balls of water and fat = boring to look at. And they're somewhat tedious pointless things to actually have.

ThePaperRose

I'm not afraid of them, seeing as I have a couple XD But I'm mostly indifferent toward them. I still fail to see how they are sexual... I think that they look nice, and that when certain clothes are worn, the shape they form can be aesthetically pleasing, but I could never ever see them as sexual. Probably doesn't help that I'm not a guy ;P

sound_the_bugle

Like a lot of people here, it would be really really bad for me to be afraid of breasts. I mostly just wish my boobs were much smaller than they are. I don't care about other people's breasts (cleavage can kind of get to me, just because for some reason it's like it demands to be seen and looked at and that's really annoying, because I'd really rather look at their faces... luckily the issue of cleavage demanding to be looked at really only lasts for a couple moments when I first talk to someone who's wearing a very cleavage-y thing). I do think that boobs can cause someone's figure to be somewhat aesthetically pleasing, but not really that much. I think it's more that I'm weirded out whenever I consider people who don't have boobs at all... I'm so used to having really quite big breasts that I kind of think it'd be very weird to have nothing at all. But if I don't actively think about it, I'm not bothered by it whatsoever.

Also, re: boobs that only shape, be glad you have boobs small enough that that's still a thing. When you get big enough or weirdly enough sized bras, they stop shaping and perking and get very very expensive, because few people actually make them. I'm luckily not someone who really cares about having sexy bras or ever wearing a bikini, but if I wanted to, I'd be very hard pressed to find stuff that works.

Although technically not afraid of them in-general, I'm not comfortable around the larger ones. Those ones scare me, and it didnt help when someone with a giant rack came running at me, pulled my head down, and tried to hit me in the face with her boobs (true story). It's not so bad if they're contained or outa the way, but I feel as though I might lose an eye if I get too close o.O Other than that I'm fine, the average or smaller sized ones dont cause any sorta reaction from me, just kinda 'meh'.

I'm not afraid of them, but I do feel a bit unsettled when I see an exposed female chest. Like all weird, wobbly people bits, boobs are awkward. I never liked being in locker rooms where women (elderly women in particular like to commit this offense) freely walk around with their bazoongas out.

My friend and I will be watching "Game of Thrones" and right in the middle of a crucial plot line, WHAM! Boobs. It's unnerving and distracting. Sometimes I wish there was a version of that show for people who don't care to see all that boob and butt and pelvis. It would make it a lot less awkward to watch with other people.

Squirrel Combat

I don't really mind. It's not something I think about too often, especially when I'm in the presence of girls. Although occasionally I have found myself glancing down at the cleavage of a love interest when I was talking to her, sometimes. And then other times I had girls MAKE me look down at their breast by fussing with them as we talked and then I would look down at what their hands were doing. :wacko:

Not afraid of them, but seeing as they contribute greatly to dysphoria, I'd still like to see them gone. (Besides, they are small enough that I can almost forget their existence until I come across a mirror. Then there is always a jolt, an unpleasant moment of "Oh. You two are still here.")

I like my friends breasts becos they make them even more squishy and cuddle and pillowy for my head, and I like mine becos they are the most soft skin like ever and I stroke a lot of peoples skin. lol but they are also squishy and just the right size for me. So I like them a lot a lot.

But then someone will say something and remind me that other people are seeing them as something other than a sensual/aesthetic part of my body and it totally throws me back and makes me SO uncomfortable. Like what the hell dude?

I think breasts are awesome!

Indeed! :)

...unless they're too big, though. Beyond a certain point, it does get scary for me, too. (There are some people who'll never let me live it down that I called Christina Hendricks "the one with the scary boobs"... :ph34r:)

I've struggle with accepting my boobs the way they are all my life. Since they started to grow I detested them. I just wanted my boobs to dissappear. At some point in my life I wanted to cut them off of my chest. I've always worn loose t-shirts with the hope that no one will notice my ugly boobs. Now I've accepted them a little bit. I know that they are a part of my body and I should love them. However, I wish they were smaller. It's extremely hard to find a bra with which I would feel comfortable.

littleheartsofjoy

Nope, I have a pair myself. They are pretty small, but it's weird for me to be scared of something that I have myself. On others though, I'm still not, but it's kind of weird when females just randomly walk around with exposed boobs. It's the unexpected factor for me for seeing that, rather than the body part itself.

Well, I have a pair myself, and they are kinda big too. So I´m gonna say no, I´m not scared or unsettled by breasts.

I will never understand the sexual status they have though.

Personally, I absolutely hate having my breasts and/or nipples touched and don´t see them as anything else than for feeding babies. So while I really don´t want them touched by anyone in other contexts, I am perfectly fine with breastfeeding and I can tolerate that my breastfed toddler touches my nipples (although it too makes my insides turn and I try to ignore it).

I think they generally look nice. I'm not really attracted to huge or obviously fake boobs though...I think small breasts look much nicer (but that's just me).

(I'm not some weirdo who goes around staring at and evaluating people's boobs, by the way)

Not scared. I think they can be impractical when doing sports or just running. Even if they are small. But other than that, whatever.

paperwishes

I personally like mine. I think most girls can testify that they are fun to play with :P I definitely don't view breasts as sexual obviously, but they can look nice. Sorry to hear about your phobia, though :( Panic attacks are the worst.

sound_the_bugle

I personally like mine. I think most girls can testify that they are fun to play with :P I definitely don't view breasts as sexual obviously, but they can look nice. Sorry to hear about your phobia, though :( Panic attacks are the worst.

Huh? How so?

Then again, I realize that there's supposed to be some pleasure to having your boobs touched, but it honestly does absolutely zilch for me... If that's even what you're talking about.

Janus the Fox
Eh... I did... And most people I knew where a bit scared of breasts at school at any school age. A normal school experience and part to do with a fear of the unknown and unusual. I remember my sister being scared of developing them when very young, but can't be without now.

Nope, I find them very aesthetically pleasing!

Sorry about your phobia, though. That sounds rough :(

paperwishes

Huh? How so?

Then again, I realize that there's supposed to be some pleasure to having your boobs touched, but it honestly does absolutely zilch for me... If that's even what you're talking about.

I don't know why haha they are just jiggly and it makes me giggle XD

Maelstrom_17

I'm not afraid of them, but I do feel a bit unsettled when I see an exposed female chest. Like all weird, wobbly people bits, boobs are awkward. I never liked being in locker rooms where women (elderly women in particular like to commit this offense) freely walk around with their bazoongas out.

My friend and I will be watching "Game of Thrones" and right in the middle of a crucial plot line, WHAM! Boobs. It's unnerving and distracting. Sometimes I wish there was a version of that show for people who don't care to see all that boob and butt and pelvis. It would make it a lot less awkward to watch with other people.

LOL.. there might be a version of that in Saudi Arabia.. considering that on advertisements that expose women's legs (ads that come from western countries).. they cover it up..