scared little newbie

jrams

Hello all!

Im 24 and have been brought up a strict catholic. Im really glad to have found this website, to know that its ok and possibly quite normal to feel and he the way I am! So yesterday I came out to my closest sister, the most accepting of my relatives. But really scared to come out to parents, even though u reckon I would feel loads better afterwards. Any tips? Thanks

Rose

TheKindredSoul

Hello all!

Im 24 and have been brought up a strict catholic. Im really glad to have found this website, to know that its ok and possibly quite normal to feel and he the way I am! So yesterday I came out to my closest sister, the most accepting of my relatives. But really scared to come out to parents, even though u reckon I would feel loads better afterwards. Any tips? Thanks

Rose

Welcome jrams. There is no need to be afraid, you are around kind people here. :cake:

Come out only when you are ready to. Do not rush. Rushing to come out will only hurt, especially if they do not take it well. If you are planning to come out, approach slowly.

Not many people understand it. Also, since your family is strict catholic, it might determine how they react to it. No matter their response, you need to accept and love yourself for who you are. :)

Hi and welcome to AVEN! I agree with everyone saying come out when you feel comfortable. I hope you love being a member here! :)

cake-smiley-emoticon.gifgraphics-cake-244464.gifslice-of-cake-smiley-emoticon.pnggraphics-cake-244464.gifcake_cg-1.pnggraphics-cake-244464.gifcake-smiley-emoticon.gif

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gif

glitter-cupcake-with-cherry-smiley-emoti

Archived