Howdy All

asexynerdygal

asexynerdygal

I love this section of the forum .. I love the kids, but at 41 (almost 42) I sometimes need a "safe place"

As I said I'm almost 42, I've been single for 7 years, after my divorce I tried dating but it seemed all anyone wanted was sex.. I wanted no part of it, so I isolated... now I'm trying to figure out how to get out in the big world and stop isolating but I'm struggling a bit with it

Anyway, I'm falling asleep in my chair so I think I'll give the pups an early breakfast at walk and head to bed

I look forward to getting to know y'all :)

Martha

Hi Milosmommy, interest groups are a good place to start, as they are not centred around dating. Your list of interests in your profile would seem to have things that could offer opportunities in this way.

I hope AVEN brings you support and friends to help you find your way. :)

asexynerdygal

I do the social interest group online mostly (I live in a teeny mapdot of of a town) but I'm trying :)

Auw pups. Nice profile ava. Howdy in GA? Isn't that a TX thing?

thanks they are my world :) and yes technically it's not a Georgia thing but since I'm not a Georgia native I've adapted it :D

Welcome Milosmommy - have some welcome :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: from another furmom (2 Labs and a Parson Russell). I'd rather share my life with my 'boyz' than look for another partner, gave that idea up many years ago. Glad you're found your way to 'Oldies' and feel comfortable here, hope you'll feel able to post more in here :)

asexynerdygal

if the rest of my life is just me and the boys (3 dogs and 5 cats) and eventually be able to realize my dream of doing long term foster care for special needs, terminal and elder dogs ..I'm ok with that... I miss having a human to share that with, to laugh with, to have little moments with, shoot even to fight with .. this is all new for me 6 months ago I was fine being on my own forever

My son and I share a house, so I have human company at times. John says I think more of my dogs than I do of him...course I do, they don't answer back, I know where they are at night and they (mainly) do as they're told (OK - sometimes :D ). You're a special person to think of fostering; I'm not sure how mine would tolerate a 'stranger' coming in - even if John would agree to it.

asexynerdygal

I'm kind of alone in the world, and it's enough of that :)

I have fostered before and it's a great experience.. the boy pictured in my avatar is a foster failure (I adopted him, well he adopted me).. he's a former bait dog in a fighting ring and my heart

Welcome to AVEN Milosmommy. And to the most relaxed forum around :cake: :)

When I joined AVEN, I had finally accepted that a life of solitude was the best type of life for me. That all changed within about 6 months :D Being around people, getting to know to them, seeing the lives of others and how they lived them, was a real eye opener for me. I'm hoping that you'll find that person, the one you can laugh with, share those moments with and even fight with.

It will be nice to see you around. Hope you're having fun and take it easy :cake:

asexynerdygal

I'm working on the whole being comfortable with myself thing, I can't expect to engender affection in others until I like myself..it's a struggle after so many years of feeling broken but I'll do it :D and thank you for the kind words

Archived