Demiromantic?

HiddenDemons

HiddenDemons

So, I've known for a while that I'm demisexual and I've thought that I was demiromantic as well as I feel that I wouldn't be able to date someone who I didn't have a previous connection with and now I'm just a bit confused cause I've been mulling over it.

On one hand I don't feel I'd be able to date someone I didn't know previously, at least to some extent (i.e why I'd never use online dating or blind dates) but on the other hand if a cute girl at my school, who I don't know that well, just basics, hypothetically, asked me out on a date, I'd probably say yes. Would I be demiromantic or romantic or in the middle?

Notte stellata

Saying yes to a date doesn't necessarily mean you're romantically attracted to the person. Maybe you want to get to know each other as friends first and see where it goes, which doesn't disqualify you from being demiromantic.

HiddenDemons

Thank you! I'm probably just going to mull it over for a bit (due to other reasons other than this).

Agreed with starrynight. Going on a date with a person does not mean you feel romantic attraction. There are many other reasons why you could say yes. ^_^

HiddenDemons

Agreed with starrynight. Going on a date with a person does not mean you feel romantic attraction. There are many other reasons why you could say yes. ^_^

Thank you :) I'll probably think it over some more due to other reasons but thank you for your help!

Archived