Incredible Aromantic Moments (other romantic orientations invited)

3 minutes ago, Just like Jughead said:

When you see couples who have a shared Facebook page and you don't think it's sweet but you wonder instead why they don't have separate identities anymore. 

Join Facebook accounts!? :o

Nea Rose Symphony
10 hours ago, Lovrina said:

to be honest I just feel sorry for them lol

them: hey i like you

me: you will regret that for the rest of your life

Lol right? Now I have had one demiromantic experience so it may be possible but I'm going through a lot of stuff that leaves baggage attached to me plus I'm fully ace... so good luck to this guy

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Just like Jughead said:

When you see couples who have a shared Facebook page and you don't think it's sweet but you wonder instead why they don't have separate identities anymore. 

Dramatic Darkest Dungeon narrator voice: "The two have become one: a hideous amalgamation of emotion, thoughts, and ideas swirling together in the metaverse; a terrible hive mind borne of desire and a shared sense of existence! Remand this foul demon back to the Pit. This monstrous chimera must be unmade! ⚔️"

I kid 😆. Though, it does make me imagine a couple speaking with the Voice of the Legion. 💀👻

• Like 3

When Mark Wahlberg says "watch unlimited romance ... if you're into that" on the ATT commercial. And I'm like thank you for suggesting everyone isn't into that. 

• Like 4

I'm not sure if this is happends to related to an aromantic incident but here goes. I was about 17 and a guy friend came to my house to play video games, at one point he was looking through our recycling until he found an empty bottle. And he deiced to introduce me to the "Fun" game of spin the bottle. I had no idea how spinning a bottle was fun, but I agreed. So it lands on me and he tried to kiss me! I screamed and I pushed him away, and I kicked him out of my house. He never spoke to me after that.... All I wanted was to play video games.

• Like 1
On 6/24/2017 at 3:28 AM, Just like Jughead said:

I know a lot of married couples and none of them do this sort of thing.

3 minutes ago, Just like Jughead said:

And I know a lot who do. Here's an editorial about it since you're implying I don't know what I'm talking about. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/redeye/redeye-couples-joint-facebook-accounts-genitals-tied-20150814-column.html

Actually, all I was implying is that I've never come across people who do this sort of thing, not that you were wrong. I have no doubt that people actually do this sort of thing. Not by a long shot. It just seems a silly thing to do really.

WoodwindWhistler
On 6/23/2017 at 8:07 PM, Naali said:

Not so much an 'incredible aro moment' more of #aroproblems.

Talking to a friend/coworker who knows I'm ace. I tried explaining what a QPR is and how I may be interested in that with an ex-coworker we both know (and who has a crush/interest in me). I basically said it's like a super close and strong relationship but (for me) little to no romance or sex, but I'd want to cuddle and be sensual-ish. He said "Kinda like friends with benefits?"

No not friends with benefits...but in a modern way I guess. But still no because fwb implies there are no ties between the two. I didn't know how else to further explain the distinction of a 'normal' close friendship vs a qpr, but I enlightened him as I could   c:

A QPR is basically the inverse/opposite of friends with benefits. Slightly heightened emotional attachment, and no sex. :/

But, I could see where "nonromantic close relationship" might get mixed in there somehow in people's minds. 

Most of my single friends complain about their lack of relationships, wanting someone to hold, to come home to every night and talk about their day. So far I've been able to control myself and not scream "WHY?!?!?!" in their faces. I'm rather proud of myself :D.

Lesser Green Broadbill

A co-worker once asked me out and I thought about it then politely said "no, my life is going really well right now and I don't want to mess that up" then I walked off. At the time I didn't realize I was aro but had noted that dating alway lead to stress and unneceasary annoyances. I told my dad about it not thinking my reply was anything unusual. Because who doesn't find dating annoying. To me it always was a sign two people must really loved each other to go thru all that hassle and I figured eventually I would find someone that the irritation was worth it. Lol

he looked at me in shock then laughed and asked why I had been so rude to the poor boy 

• Like 3
Hermit Advocate
23 hours ago, Lesser Green Broadbill said:

A co-worker once asked me out and I thought about it then politely said "no, my life is going really well right now and I don't want to mess that up" then I walked off.

he looked at me in shock then laughed and asked why I had been so rude to the poor boy 

That was rude? It sounded perfectly reasonable to me.

• Like 3

I used to think a crush was a conscious choice, like 'oh, I guess that guy looks cute. He's my crush now'. I never understood why my friends made such a big deal out of talking to their crush. :lol:

• Like 3
Nea Rose Symphony

Me: "I am so not having kids. Ever. My bad genetics and family history end with me"

My mom: "And your husband"

Me: "if I even get married"

• Like 2

"I won't get a boyfriend or children, friends are enough for me."

"But your mind could still chaaaaaaange!!"

"It could, but I don't think so."

"Oh, you'll see!"

"..."

So hella annoying -_-

• Like 1
8 hours ago, KRISACE said:

"I won't get a boyfriend or children, friends are enough for me."

"But your mind could still chaaaaaaange!!"

"It could, but I don't think so."

"Oh, you'll see!"

"..."

So hella annoying -_-

Yes, yes, and the Sun could still become a black hole instead of a dwarf star later in its "life"... But it isn't a very reasonable thing to assume.

Yay nerdy jokes?

• Like 6
Hermit Advocate

I commented that a giraffe on a toddler's onesie looked cute and immediately got accused of having "baby fever." No, it was just a really cute giraffe. Giraffe's are awesome. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Hey you in the corner said:

I commented that a giraffe on a toddler's onesie looked cute and immediately got accused of having "baby fever." No, it was just a really cute giraffe. Giraffe's are awesome. 

You would of loved a beer festival I was at recently where they had a Giraffe mascot. The bartenders all had Goraffe head hats (some looked like a family of Giraffes) and you got to keep the glass afterwards which also had a Giraffe on it.

• Like 1
Hermit Advocate
5 minutes ago, Scott1989 said:

You would of loved a beer festival I was at recently where they had a Giraffe mascot. The bartenders all had Goraffe head hats (some looked like a family of Giraffes) and you got to keep the glass afterwards which also had a Giraffe on it.

:D That would have been awesome. I watched a rugby game where one of the team's names was The Spitting Llamas. Obviously I ended up rooting for them. 

• Like 3

The "manic pixie dream girl" trope makes me really, really uncomfortable, mainly because I've had people try to force romance on me and convince me that they were "the one". shudders

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Amos said:

The "manic pixie dream girl" trope makes me really, really uncomfortable, mainly because I've had people try to force romance on me and convince me that they were "the one". shudders

Wonder if they are like this:

you-were-the-chosen-one-meme-creator-eve

• Like 3

Friend: "______ likes you."

Me: "Who is that? I don't know them. I've never heard of them before. What?"

Friend: "This is a picture of them."

Me: "Is that supposed to affect my non-existent opinion of them?"

I don't understand why people value appearance in potential romantic interests so highly, when they don't consider their friends by appearance whatsoever...

• Like 6
On 06/07/2017 at 10:53 PM, Hey you in the corner said:

Giraffe's are awesome. 

I agree with you on that. I visited Paignton Zoo recently, where I saw the giraffes eating leaves; I don't think I'd ever seen giraffes actually eating before. Now, I knew giraffes had long black tongues, but..!!! :blink:  :o  :D

curly_tongue_by_artjuggler-dbep6q5.jpg

• Like 3
Hermit Advocate

@bonny That picture made me really happy, thanks. 

• Like 1

I didn't know anything about my own sexuality at this point, but in school when everyone was just starting to get into having crushes and stuff, I kind of just chose someone in the class and decided to say that I liked them, even though I definitely felt no sort of attraction to them at all.

QuirkyGeek
8 minutes ago, gen10 said:

I didn't know anything about my own sexuality at this point, but in school when everyone was just starting to get into having crushes and stuff, I kind of just chose someone in the class and decided to say that I liked them, even though I definitely felt no sort of attraction to them at all.

Same. three years later the entire class forced us in a relationship and we broke up less than 24 hours later. I didn't think anything was supposed to change during the 24 hours, and for the most part it didn't except they were my partner for passing basketballs to each other.

• Like 1
MiraMeyneth

When you're playing a game and two of the plot-important characters who have known each other for years have had no sort of implied love interest so you start headcanoning them as best freinds instead of a couple because you don't know what a romantic relationship is like ●﹏●;

And then before you know it, you're shipping them in a QPR because reasons.

• Like 4