• Announcements

• Kisa the Cat

World Watch Archiving Project

Hello everyone, Please read this thread before posting to World Watch Thank you.
    • Kisa the Cat

Avenues March/April   03/15/17

The newest issue of Avenues is out March/April
    • Kelly

New Moderators and Declass members needed: Nominations   04/27/17

Join the team!  See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/154691-new-moderator-needed-for-for-sexual-partners-friends-and-allies-and-the-census-nominations/ http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/154693-new-moderator-needed-for-asexual-relationships-nominations/ http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/154692-new-declass-team-member-needed-nominations/  
Wokgran X

Incredible Aromantic Moments (other romantic orientations invited)

1092 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

>mfw I've actually had to deal with that nonsense in this forum today from someone who claims that kissing is inherently romantic

On this forum? Damn... Kissing is simply sensual! Of course it CAN be seen as a romantic activity but... just nope!

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Quasar.w said:

On this forum? Damn... Kissing is simply sensual! Of course it CAN be seen as a romantic activity but... just nope!

Kissing is commonly seen as romantic but it's different for everyone. It could be sensual, sexual or emotional really. 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Kissing is commonly seen as romantic but it's different for everyone. It could be sensual, sexual or emotional really. 

For me kissing and other things that involve physical contact like hugging are primarily sensual (since you sense something with your body), and then on a "second level" they can be romantic, emotional, sexual, platonic etc. I don't know if this makes any sense... maybe I see it a bit too literal :D as in: sensual = senses

3 people like this

Hey everyone, I'm now an admin of an aromantic (and sometimes ace) pride account on Instagram! Follow us at @aromanatees, I'm admin Leo :) 

A few weeks ago, my roommate and her fiancé got a ukulele and sang the Love is an Open Door duet from Frozen. It was horrible. Their love disgusts me. :lol:

3 people like this

On April 5, 2017 at 10:45 PM, Lovrina said:

I'm too chickenshit to tell anyone lol. people on the internet take it as some sort of sjw snowflake term, and people in real life think you're coming out of the closet as a serial killer. but when I tell people I don't date often because "I have problems committing" they're suddenly cool with it for some reason?? people are weird. 

Nobody's ever been all that surprised when I've told them, because I've been basically the most flamboyantly aro person in existence since before I even knew aromanticism existed, but then again a lot of people also already peg me as the serial killer type for some reason, so there is that.

4 people like this

16 hours ago, Dodecahedron314 said:

Nobody's ever been all that surprised when I've told them, because I've been basically the most flamboyantly aro person in existence since before I even knew aromanticism existed, but then again a lot of people also already peg me as the serial killer type for some reason, so there is that.

hahaha "flamboyantly aro"? that's amazing :lol:

in general, I've just found that people make up the weirdest explanations as long as it suits them. I've had a (sort of) friend say "oh it's because you're a Libra right? yeah, Libras can be like that. they always seduce people but never commit." and that response just sucked out all the energy I've ever conserved in my entire life and I nearly withered away and died on the spot. sometimes you just have to say "well okay then" and never bring up the subject again. so I tend to not talk about my dating life unless someone asks first..

It took me an uncomfortable amount of time to figure out that all of my friends at the age of 12 or 13 weren't also faking their crushes. I think I really thought that a crush was where you just picked a guy and said he was your 'crush'... I'm not sure what I must have thought the purpose of this was. But since I wanted to fit in, I too picked a guy (I just picked the guy that a lot of girls seemed to like) and said that he was my crush.

2 people like this

I just finished playing "Tales from the Borderlands" because my sister wanted me to play it. I showed her my in-game choices that it shows at the end of the game, and she laughed (somewhat knowingly perhaps?) that I was one of the very small percentage of people (I think 11%) who refused to romantically ship two of the characters and that I chose to say the characters were just friends. :P I'd like to think those 11% were aros. REPRESENT!

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, EmotionalAndroid said:

I just finished playing "Tales from the Borderlands" because my sister wanted me to play it. I showed her my in-game choices that it shows at the end of the game, and she laughed (somewhat knowingly perhaps?) that I was one of the very small percentage of people (I think 11%) who refused to romantically ship two of the characters and that I chose to say the characters were just friends. :P I'd like to think those 11% were aros. REPRESENT!

And I find it so awesome that you get the possibility to NOT ship them, not just "ignoring it" but actually saying "nope" :P

1 person likes this

So, aro moment.  I came late to the Sims game, only ever playing consoles like PlayStation, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Advance, etc, and I never had a Sims game for those (my family is mostly into shoot-em-ups, lots of Star Wars Battlefront - THE ORIGINALS!!!!! - and Call of Duty going on with the odd Crash Bandicoot and Pokemon mixed in).  So, I bought Sims 3 right when Sims 4 came out and it was like 75% off, started playing it.  My first family was a single mother with two kids, and it never even crossed my mind to romantically pair up.  I didn't even realize you could DO that until I decided to create a family based on Odo and Kira Nerys from ST:DS9 and learned that there was actually the romantic social interactions.  Played that game for months as a single lady interacting with basically no one except her kids and like the neighbor who was always hanging around.

1 person likes this

I remember being on an Assassin's Creed forum a few years ago and in one topic, we were making our own stories about our ancestors.  My ancestor was like me gender-wise, a guy with a high respect for women.  This was before I realized I was trans.  I even tried to do a joint story with someone else, with their ancestor meeting mine.  But since my character was an ancestor, they must've had kids.  I had no way out of that because I made him a direct ancestor, with my last name.  I chose the lazy way out of it and said that the girl he ended up being with was the one who saved him (and his father) from a tough situation and introduced him to the Assassins.  They went on many missions together in the future and got married because of the (platonic) connection of they had.  So basically a best friend/queerplatonic scenario.

2 people like this