Incredible Aromantic Moments (other romantic orientations invited)

nerdperson777
3 hours ago, Kaikat said:

I was watching the live action Cinderella with my mom once, and when it got to the part where Cinderella walks into the ballroom and the prince runs to the other side of the room and the crowd parts for them to dramatically meet in the center, i started to laugh. We were in the theater, and though I was being quiet my mom got upset at me for ruining one of the most romantically charged parts of the movie. Heck, all I could think was that Cinderella was freakin Moses and how in the heck did all those people know to part for them??

When my friend and I watched Moana, I asked where that raised ledge in the parted waves came from. There was just a smooth path there, and then suddenly, dramatic ledge to stand on. 

1 minute ago, nerdperson777 said:

When my friend and I watched Moana, I asked where that raised ledge in the parted waves came from. There was just a smooth path there, and then suddenly, dramatic ledge to stand on. 

Legitimately, that scene is like:

1. Convenient wind is convenient

2. Everything is in slow motion except her mouth and the song coming out of it

3. Convenient dramatic ledge is convenient

4. Mosesana

and its really great XD

• Like 1
nerdperson777
8 minutes ago, Kaikat said:

Legitimately, that scene is like:

1. Convenient wind is convenient

2. Everything is in slow motion except her mouth and the song coming out of it

3. Convenient dramatic ledge is convenient

4. Mosesana

and its really great XD

"I knew you were misunderstood all along." *unleashes green maiden*

2 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

"I knew you were misunderstood all along." *unleashes green maiden*

And then all she gets out of it is a flowery boat. Truly genius

• Like 1

At the movie theater everyone else laughs at Jack Sparrow's reactions to romance while I'm thinking "glad someone sees through this madness besides me".

• Like 1
WoodwindWhistler
On 7/22/2017 at 5:35 PM, Zectarash said:

Even Hannibal Lecter?

... I hope you guys won't look on me unfavarably for that. I quiante be the only one thinking it, right?

... Am I the only one that gets tempted to dish out cannibalism puns when people say this?

"It's priest, have a little priest
Is it really good?
Sir, it's too good, at least

Then again, they don't commit sins of the flesh
So it's pretty fresh

. . .

Now let's see, here we've got tinker
Something pinker
Tailor? Paler, Butler? Subtler
Potter? Hotter, Locksmith?

. . .

Now then, this might be a little bit stringy
But then of course it's fiddle player
No, this isn't fiddle player, it's piccolo player
'Ow can you tell?
It's piping hot. Then blow on it first!

. . .

And I've just begun
Here's the politician, so oily
It's served with a doily
Have one, put it on a bun
Well, you never know if it's going to run."

Oh, also:

On 26-7-2017 at 7:35 AM, Kaikat said:

I was watching the live action Cinderella with my mom once, and when it got to the part where Cinderella walks into the ballroom and the prince runs to the other side of the room and the crowd parts for them to dramatically meet in the center, i started to laugh. We were in the theater, and though I was being quiet my mom got upset at me for ruining one of the most romantically charged parts of the movie. Heck, all I could think was that Cinderella was freakin Moses and how in the heck did all those people know to part for them??

This is the exact reason I'm able to watch movies like Twilight. I'm in tears during all the so-called romantic moments, my stomach hurts from all the laughter at the end. Not quite the effect the story wants to have, but entertaining nonetheless :D

Autumn Season

I was playing a dating sim game and unintentionally ended up friend-zoning all romantic candidates. At the end of the game the only ones I had left to date (if I wanted to) were my friends, because those were the people I hung out with the whole time. I felt foolish, because I kind of missed the point of the game.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Autumn Season said:

I was playing a dating sim game and unintentionally ended up friend-zoning all romantic candidates. At the end of the game the only ones I had left to date (if I wanted to) were my friends, because those were the people I hung out with the whole time. I felt foolish, because I kind of missed the point of the game.

That's how I'd do it too! Playing The Sims is just a friend-fest for me too!

• Like 1
Autumn Season
25 minutes ago, Philbo Penten said:

That's how I'd do it too! Playing The Sims is just a friend-fest for me too!

Then we have a similar style. :D I wasn't playing The Sims though; it was a game specifically about finding love among many candidates.

• Like 1

Whenever I watch movies, I always end up saying stuff like, "wait, why did they need romantic subplots again? The world is in danger and that's the movie's focus!" During romance-y scenes (at home) I sometimes find myself checking my text messages.

I also hear "I want to give you a kiss" (or something along those lines) and imagine the person giving a thimble to their lover like in Peter Pan.

• Like 2
nerdperson777

After a close friend left me, I had thoughts of getting another friend to fill the void.

Thoughts: I need a wushu girlfriend.

...That sounds so straight, that's not right.

I need a wushu girlfriend QPP.  That looks a little better.

In the end I just want a best friend to cuddle me and not leave me.

*Wushu is a martial arts I like to do, and my specialty is tai chi.

• Like 1

I was dating this girl once and she was very touchy feely and to be honest I would rather not. So we were watching a movie, The Matrix, and she reaches over and grabs me by the shoulders and pushes me down with my head on her lap. It was like a knife, rusty and dull, being stabbed into the essence of my being. Then she started to like play with my hair! I mean I'm about to throw up on this girl I really like. So, not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings like the pushover I am, I curl up in the fetal position and try not vomit. I didn't know at the time that asexuality and touch aversion were actually things so I just assumed I was gay. This was somewhere between 2000 and 2003. 

We where playing cards against humanity, and the question was who would you date, well, I had people, but decided that didn't make since to me so I placed "zesty burrito" and won! 😀

• Like 2
nerdperson777
4 hours ago, Zenzencat104 said:

We where playing cards against humanity, and the question was who would you date, well, I had people, but decided that didn't make since to me so I placed "zesty burrito" and won! 😀

In the last game I played, I got all the sexual black cards.  With sexual and romo cards, don't really know what answer I would actually choose.  One I found a loophole in a card, and I said that it implied that I had a previous encounter, so i didn't choose that one.

On 8/6/2017 at 0:02 PM, Autumn Season said:

I am doing readings of visual novels (kinda like dating sims) and the 'neutral' is my preferred ending because the two people involve being friends forever and their relationship 'never changes'.  Of course, the 'good' ending is kinda sweet too (the person I recorded it with was totally shipping the two and was happy with it), and the bad ending was heartbreaking.

• Like 1

Me: Hey guess what...I got into college!

Friend: Oh, that's nice. Good for you. 

Me: Hey so just figured I'd tell you...I had my first kiss...anyway....

Friend: OH MY GOD NO WAY!!!! HOW WAS IT???? I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Yeah, I don't get it :P

• Like 6
Apathetic Echidna

these other replies have been so fun to read! I can only think of one moment I can add right now.

I had been at work all day and I was going to the opening night of a friend's art exhibition, then later on to a fund-raising quiz. At the art exhibit I am on an emotional high seeing my friend succeed so well (and overhearing a critic make nice comments always helps) so when a guy approaches me to talk I am more than happy to chat, especially about the art. He buys me a drink and follows me out to continue the conversation when I leave, then he asks me out to dinner. I declined and had to hurry off to the quiz but when I started gushing to my quiz team about the art and good conversation I had with a random stranger they all silently stared at me until one practically yelled 'Why are you here right now and not on a date!!??' in the following silence of the room I reply 'what date and with who?' 

Needless to say their reaction to my obliviousness wounded my effervescent emotional high somewhat but we still came 2nd.

• Like 5
On 8/13/2017 at 11:51 AM, Apathetic Echidna said:

these other replies have been so fun to read! I can only think of one moment I can add right now.

I had been at work all day and I was going to the opening night of a friend's art exhibition, then later on to a fund-raising quiz. At the art exhibit I am on an emotional high seeing my friend succeed so well (and overhearing a critic make nice comments always helps) so when a guy approaches me to talk I am more than happy to chat, especially about the art. He buys me a drink and follows me out to continue the conversation when I leave, then he asks me out to dinner. I declined and had to hurry off to the quiz but when I started gushing to my quiz team about the art and good conversation I had with a random stranger they all silently stared at me until one practically yelled 'Why are you here right now and not on a date!!??' in the following silence of the room I reply 'what date and with who?' 

Needless to say their reaction to my obliviousness wounded my effervescent emotional high somewhat but we still came 2nd.

The answer to their question is obviously, "Because I would rather be here than on a date."  And maybe that answer would have been enough points to help you win the quiz!

• Like 4

I recently moved and someone actually asked me now that I moved does that mean I would get a girlfriend. That doesn't even make sense in any logical kind of way. 

• Like 6

Once a week at least I get asked at one of my jobs "Got a Husband yet?" ---Uhm no......--- followed by "your almost 30, you better get on that"..... but I don't have any interest in even interacting with people anywhere similar to that fashion, let alone "finding a mate"....... especially when the old timers who say these things then continue whining about their "old lady" in a fashion where I go - I DO NOT SEE THE APPEAL AT ALL, WHY WOULD ANYONE WILLINGLY DO THIS?

Oh, and apparently at my other job it totally sails by me when a customer flirts with me.. I only know because a co-worker will come pull me in the back all giggly and start gushing about how "cute" that guy was and "OMG he was flirting so hard with you how could you not notice?" .... I just look at them like.... what bad batch of drugs did they slip you?(yea I have no understanding(or patience) of the "excited giggly girl syndrome" that afflicts some females after encountering what they consider an attractive person, it seems like a mental break-down to me that should be institutionalized).

Example: One time this guy comes in wearing this wicked bomber hat that looked like a real cool mix of steampunk and old fashion trapper hat. He started chatting with me all friendly like, and all I could look at was that hat(I seriously wanted to snatch it off his head and make a run for it lol), and in the end all I could say to him was "where did you get that HAT, I want one!"

Completely unrelated to the small talk he was aiming for. According to my co-worker he looked very disappointed in the turn-out of that convo, apparently he was flirting with me and all I seen was "HAT" lol

My co-worker actually wacked me in the arm and glared at me on that one lol.

• Like 4

Just the other day I was texting my friend. She has a younger sister who has the same genre interests as me book-wise. My friend was asking for book recommendations for her sister. I got so excited, I listed 5 off the top of my head. I then sprinted upstairs to look at my bookshelf. I was typing in all caps and I was crazy excited over these books I love so much. I then said "I shouldn't be this excited over books.  Is this how it feels to like someone (like that)? This is the probably the closest I will ever get to that!" and she responded with "aw don't say that, you'll find your true love someday, whether in high school or when you're 50." 😤 But, good news is, I brought up aromanticism, and how I'm legitimately confused on what crushes feel like and though I'm not sure she completely understands, she said she will always accept me, no matter who I love (or don't love). 

• Like 1
On 21/08/2017 at 11:30 PM, Just like Jughead said:

I recently moved and someone actually asked me now that I moved does that mean I would get a girlfriend. That doesn't even make sense in any logical kind of way. 

For a while, I moved around a lot. After each move (and even sometimes between moves), one of my friends always ask, "Any cute guys there?" I could never quite get why she was so interested, especially since I was the single one.

Forest Spirit

Apparently I like "fun-flirting" sometimes, so flirting (I suppose you could call it that) because it's funny, not because I'd like a romantic relationship with that person or sth. Usually it involves teasing and acting kinda cute.

Recently I've been thinking a lot about my romantic orientation and it's just interesting to see which potentionally "romantic" things I like and which not. Still not sure about where I fall on the spectrum but we'll see... some day.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:55 AM, boothcreek said:

Oh, and apparently at my other job it totally sails by me when a customer flirts with me.. I only know because a co-worker will come pull me in the back all giggly and start gushing about how "cute" that guy was and "OMG he was flirting so hard with you how could you not notice?"

I have a similar problem at my work. Every now and again, some girl will start flirting and my coworkers are surprised that I never noticed that she was doing that.

When someone you sorta know starts talking to you and you're like "cool we friends now" and then they ask you if you're single. 

"Yep but I'm staying that way"

• Like 6
Nea Rose Symphony

Wanting to be good friends with someone new of the opposite sex but being afraid of feelings that may develop on the other end. I swear me wanting to hang out and being friendly doesn't mean anything :blink:

I value friendship too much to ruin it with dating

• Like 5
Hermit Advocate

A friend of mine just got engaged a few days ago. Instead of thinking how happy I should be for her, all I can think of is how much of a financial waste weddings are and that I really don't want to be in the wedding party.

• Like 1
EmotionalAndroid

I have no idea how the heck they got my name because I've never used Shutterfly, but I got a flier in the mail yesterday from Shutterfly and the whole ad was dedicated to wedding invitations. I laughed heartily before throwing it in the trash. If they are trying to get customers by randomly sending wedding-themed ads to people my age, they certainly sent it to the wrong person this time. xD

• Like 2