What's your avatar picture?

Heart

1. 1. Are you in the picture you use for your avatar on AVEN?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have a picture at the moment

This poll is closed to new votes

Carbon Monoxide

I should think not. The avatar is a picture of carbon monoxide.

I'd love to be my avatar. :ph34r: Blue Eyes Toon Dragon 4evah.

that, and I'm too lazy to change it to my face.

Yes it is me :ph34r:

No it's not.. :-(

Mycroft is Yourcroft

No, because I've shared stories and experiences here that refer to my horrible ex-boyfriend, who knows about the site (I showed him when I realised I was asexual). I did put a photo of myself briefly when I first signed up, but when I started sharing the deep stuff I removed it :)

AprilStorms

Nope! I don't like to put my own face in avatars like this. My current AVEN avatar is Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist, just for giggles.

I don't like getting my picture taken. I always end up looking like a stoned serial killer. My Facebook profile picture is a cartoony version of me.

littlepersonparadox

Mines this weird merge. It's a little miss version of myself. The hair is exactly like my haircut and I do have glasses and a small nose. I custom made it to look like me-ish. As for serial killer I do look like ine in photos if I'm forced to take my glasses off.

I don't usually represent myself with my picture because the camera hates me (which is weird, because I'm toatz super cute)!

I've loved Absol ever since my first wild one appeared(!), and so I pasted a fedora and drew a goatee on it, which have become symbols of my individuality. I have a twin brother, so identity was a seriuos issue for me growing-up. Suffice to say, my avatar is very personal, although not me exactly.

I don't really hide behind my avatar, though. It's not like I make myself at all difficult to find, between using the same identities among networks and leaving my info public. I just don't think myself interesting enough to be worth hiding, either because I'm very open or very naive, I guess.

But do not be confused: my spirit animal is Mega Absol.

Frigid Pink

I wouldn't use a photo of me as my avatar for the sake of some anonymity on this site. I don't even have a facebook account for anonymity reasons.

I've had the same avatar for almost forever. I only changed it once (after I changed my username) within the first year I was on AVEN. I love horror movies and the color pink, so, my avatar is Pinhead from "Hellraiser" and I made him pink, although he's not actually pink in the movie.

I have a photo of me on Acebook, and have changed it several times, however, I'm always in costume (I like costumes!) and am not easily recognizable.

My avatar obviously isn't a picture of me, but it is a picture that I drew myself. :)

Joshua Tree National Park at sunset!

FireBendingAce

I actually am in my avatar picture, you just can't see me very well! I'm on top of a mountain in Colorado. I like to use this one for icons on websites because it technically is me, but also looks kind of artsy or something.. (If you look closely, you can see a mountain goat standing next to me too :p)

Kiwi_Kitty

My avatar, unfortunately, is not me. I've always been a bit dodgy about putting personal information online, having grown up in the age when the Internet was just becoming popular and everyone was hyped up about security. What can I say, I was young and impressionable. So my online persona is pretty much impossible to trace to my irl-persona. Anonymity makes me more comfortable when it comes to self-expression, I guess.

Because all of my scrennames involve cats in some way, that's my trademark. So my avatar will probably always be a cat because that's how I roll. 8)

Soiled Melody

At one point I used a picture of myself, but I got tired of that.

So I put it on my profile instead.

I know use a picture of Allen Walker, Exorcist from D. Gray Man.

the_teal_noodle

There is someone who I know IRL who is on this site, and I wouldn't want them to discover me. :ph34r:

Obviously not me, but it was made by me.

Using this one for June...plan to go back to something more ace-ish later...probably the one I had before

No. lol it's from Will and Grace. I do have that sweater though.

Yes, it's me, in front of the little Godzilla statue in Hibiya. Because, well, I'm fond of big chubby monsters. :wub:

My avitar is cropped from an old photo I found at an antique store. The kid has a cat (and I LOVE kitties) and isn't obviously a boy or a girl which I like as an agender person. Plus I really like old stuff in general...

It is how I see myself.

• 3 weeks later...

well, sort of... it's a 3D version of me, made to match my facial features and body measurements.

made her in Daz Studio (a 3d software program) to learn how the genesis2 base character works.

My avie is a picture of a card a saw in Hallmark when I was looking for a birthday card. It's just too funny. Also people seem to think it's a joke when I'm angry (grrrr) so it fits.

• 1 month later...

Not even if my avatar man himself asked me to (or even ordered me to) would I post a picture of myself!

verily-forsooth-egads

I thought I'd keep the default for a while, but I'm wishing for something more gender-neutral. Not in a million years would I make it my face. I believe in keeping it simple, letting my words stand alone.

Nope. I change it here and there, but so far I've only used ones of Hatsune Miku, hehe. : ) I have posted pics of me in the AVENite photo thread, however....but I don't feel like always seeing/showing a pic of me when I post haha.

I switch between cute cat gifs, and my face when I'm feeling particularly narcissistic.

I always use one of my characters. This guy's nickname actually is 'Blacky' haha, but that isn't my real name obviously. (Also, he's not a wolf or a dog or a canine.)

Christinanc93

My avatar is a cheetah cub in a tree... They can't type very easily.

Archived