What's your avatar picture?

Heart

1. 1. Are you in the picture you use for your avatar on AVEN?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have a picture at the moment

This poll is closed to new votes

totally me.... as a Jamaican bobsledder from Cool Runnings. My department's "Beer Olympics" a few summers ago, keeping it classy haha.

I never post face pictures of myself on anywhere on the net.

But my avatars are always either a picture I took, or an image I made on the computer.

Captain Darkhorse

No way. On Facebook I will, but since I post much more personal stuff here than I would even think about posting on FB I don't. Besides, I like mine anyway :D

My avatar is not me.

It is a drawing of Castiel from Supernatural wearing a flower crown. I like to think it represents me on a spiritual level.

WhenSummersGone

No. On sites I prefer to upload pics of things I like rather than myself. Even when I had msn I wouldn't upload a pic of myself.

Mine is purely a music not eiwht a cros through it ^^ Cause I am Amusical. An Amusical person is a person who does not experience musical attraction !

In short, I hate all music...

My original pic was of me. Then it was a dog that looks like Chewbacca. Now it's a satire of a Pantera album.

Edit: Now I'm going through a phase of liking eagles, so eagle avatars it is!

ZombiesAsAMetaphor

Sorta yes for me, I suppose? Mine's a sketched self-portrait I did a little while ago. I tend to use self-portraits rather than photos on other websites too.

I don't use mug shots as avatars. Somehow I noticed that they seem to be more popular among women<?>

But my avatars are always either a picture I took, or an image I made on the computer.

Same here. The present one is an avatar I put together in 2006 for the first forum where I registered. I use it on most websites where I have a presence. Alternatively, I asked someone to make me avatar based on pictures taken by me. I rarely use anything copied.

I've just changed it again. It was a pain to find due to it having 2 different names. None the less, now I have a sea eagle.

ChrissyBear121

My avatar is not me.

It is a drawing of Castiel from Supernatural wearing a flower crown. I like to think it represents me on a spiritual level.

Can I just say eek!! Supernatural rocks and so does Castiel!

And I debated on using a picture of myself but I instead decided I'd use the flowers my niece and sister gave me for my birthday. I don't have any pictures with my new haircut and even if I did I'm kind of self-conscious so I'm not sure I would put a picture of myself on here. I like putting up pictures that represent me though.

Eh, I just voted that my picture is of me, but now I'm feeling like changing it to something that isn't me.

For posterity's sake, my pre-Scott Walker picture is of me eating an apple. 'Cause I eat apples.

So I'm going to change my picture to one of Scott Walker because I really admire him, and he's started me thinking about writing songs and whatnot.

I don't care that much if someone I know identifies me on AVEN. I don't post stuff that's overwhelmingly personal. And my email address is attached to my account anyway, so if any...organizations...had a mind to find out what my profile is on AVEN, they likely wouldn't have to work that hard. Though it would be incredibly specific.

Edit: And no, by "Scott Walker" I DON'T mean that crazy governor.

Scott Walker is awesome! Beautiful voice. Scott and Allan Clarke were THE voices of 1960s music

Incidentally, Geoff, I write songs. You should go for it.

Squirrel Combat

I could never have my avatar be a picture of me, unless I could magic myself into a squirrel.

Anything not related to squirrels defeats the relevance of my profile name.

Yes it's me and my cat at the moment :)

I did have a picture before this one. But it was still of the same person and always will be.

It's obviously not me, as anyone with an interest in current TV pop culture can tell. ;)

I picked it because R. and I have a bunch in common with these two, though. At least during the early stages of their ship... I strongly prefer the two of us over "Shamy" the longer their ship goes on, so again, no surprise that my av is their very first encounter.

Spoiler-edit Feb 7th 2015... original info no longer applicable. Update in post #181 here.

Technically it is a photo of me... However, I am not entirely sure how much that counts for... I mean if you can identify me from that, you are probably way too close to me (in a number of ways) :p especially since I am generally wearing glasses when I leave the house :) I don't usually use a photo for an avatar, it feels a bit exposed, but I think I wanted to feel more connected to this one, so I chose one that was me but not obviously so. I do use a fake name, mine is really uncommon, so I needed something to connect to me ;)

iamphoenixfire

Yes, because I am the lover of Jon Snow.

(If only though... sigh)

My picture has been a Ravenclaw crest, an anime drawing I found on the internet, cc, and most recently haku from spirited away. Now, It's Ygritte because I love her and she is really freaking gorgeous and if I can't have Jon Snow, she's the next best thing. Also, this picture is very me, even though I don't even have red hair. But I'd imagine that if my personality had a face it would be this.

I don't even have pictures of myself on facebook, it just doesn't feel safe to me. :P My current avatar is one of my drawings instead. :)

I just use pictures from things I happen to like at the time. Like how I've really enjoyed Titanfall lately, and thought the IMC's Spyglass was just awesome. So I made my pic Spyglass.

• 1 month later...
Sheisdangerous

My avatar is me... Super drunk... At a local goth show... wearing a tiara. Forever classy

My current pic is a crop of a painting I did many years ago (you can see the whole pic here - http://s20.postimg.org/8uzsxf4hp/image.jpg). It is one of a few dozen characters I created back when I was in my late teens, and I've drawn, painted, sculpted and even written stories about these characters for most of my life. All of them represent various real-life things. I will probably cycle thru several of these characters as avatar images.

Obviously they don't represent me (unless maybe you get on my bad side :twisted: - ha-ha!) but are simply things that have had a lot of meaning and symbolism to me over my life. I prefer not to use my own image for avatars (not even on Facebook, but I do have pics of my self there in my photo albums).

Oh wait, I voted yes and it should be no. I typically use a blank black square for profile pictures online, but on the other forum I usually frequent my avatar is currently a head shot of my Pokémon X character (who looks more or less like me), so I got mixed up.

Oh wait, I voted yes and it should be no. I typically use a blank black square for profile pictures online, but on the other forum I usually frequent my avatar is currently a head shot of my Pokémon X character (who looks more or less like me), so I got mixed up.

Fixed that. The star telling you what you voted for won't change, but the numbers have been adjusted from a yes to a no.

SilentComplexity

...yes and no; I'm using my 2nd Life avatar, which resembles myself in real life. o_o

I aspire to be Fluttershy.

TheLeafBunny

My avatar... is and at the same time is not me. ^^; It's cropped from a panel in my webcomic, but the character is a representation of myself as seen in the comics and as I present myself elsewhere on the net/outside the comics. I seldom if ever post actual photos of myself, not even on Facebook (my profile picture is from almost 3 years ago because it's the best picture I really have of myself except maybe one or two cosplay test shots). For some reason the camera just does not like my dimples. >A>;

Archived