So... Who wants kids?

Wolfjackle

I see a lot of posts around here of people who don't want kids in any way. However, I kinda really want one or two at some point in the distant future. Depending on how my life turns out, I could probably be ok without them, but its something I've always assumed I'd have.

I used to think I'd want kids of my own, but I'm getting to the point where I would really be ok with adopting, too. For some reason, I think I'd prefer to adopt an older kid (maybe 7? but I could go higher or lower, so...). I dunno, depending on how my life turns out I could probably go either way, if I had to.

Anyway, I was just wonder what everyone else thought since I haven't really seen this topic discussed.

I have think in the possibility, to adopt or have one.. but its quiet scary for me at the same time :lol: its a big responsability and also if i want a kid, I want to finish my carrer first and get a house were she/he can live peacefully.

Squirrel Combat

I wouldn't mind having kids, but right now I'm still thinking.

I think the answer will be "yes" in the long term.

i definitely want kids. i'm a nanny right now and i love my job, but i want to have my own. and by that i mean that i'd like to adopt. that's sort of how i figured i was asexual, because i really want to be married and a mom, but i can't see myself having sex and being pregnant or anything. those just aren't things i'm really interested in?

I personally don't want kids. I might be okay with adopting, all depending on what my partner wants, but I'm absolutely not having biological children. I see no need for me to pass on my own genes.

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote, 'The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.' I agree with the second part." - Morgan Freeman in Se7en.

So no.

Maelstrom_17

I'd definitely like to adopt in the future, even if I don't get married (since I'm grayromantic and it takes me forever to fall in love with a guy or a girl and I'm not exactly sure if the other party would hang around for as long as 4-5 years until I actually fall in love with them). I'd love to adopt someone from a nation that I'm really interested in and isn't older than three or four years old..

I want at least one child. Don't have a clue how that will ever happen.

I couldn't give that much of myself to another person and be happy. Maybe that will change but for now absolutely not interested. Too all the parents out there kudos. Hardest job ever! 24/7 365.

People in this thread?

Nice, haven't seen that one before. But then, I don't go to the relationship board much since I've been single my entire life so far. :)

People in this thread?

Nice, haven't seen that one before. But then, I don't go to the relationship board much since I've been single my entire life so far. :)

The Asexual Relationships forum isn't only for romantic relationships. We have relationships with friends, with family, with co-workers, etc. The forum is dedicated to all of those relationships.

No. Never have and never will.

Same here. The more I'm around kids, the stronger I feel about this!

CA Colombiana

Adel: " i really want to be married and a mom, but i can't see myself having sex and being pregnant or anything. those just aren't things i'm really interested in?" Okay so I totally do not know how to use these websites. I would reply to you, Adel, if I knew how. This is exactly how I feel! I love children. They have a boundless enthusiasm and a capacity for such innocence and hope. I want to be a mother and I want to find that perfect guy, be in love, get married. I may adopt, but there is something special about having a child that is yours alone, a part of you. If only the sex was not required.

I've never wanted kids and I still don't. I've never really put much thought into it other than I don't want them now and I can't imagine that changing in the future.

This thread has been moved from Asexual Q&A to Asexual Relationships.

Heart

Asexual Q&A Moderator

I think it all depends if the right person comes into your life, then the decisions will change accordingly. I kinda wanna maybe? Haha I know for a fact I will be a better father than mine was.

thedragonsfate

I'd absolutely want to have kids, but I do think It'd depend on my relationships at the time, and I don't think I'd ever want to have kids though. Like I'm all for adoption, I just don't think I'd be okay with going through pregnancy despite that "bond" people say it gives you. But I definitely want to be a parent.

I want to make that decision with someone else. If I ended up with someone who wanted one or two, I'm game... If they don't want any, that's fine too. I have a feeling though that that decision will be made for me by default, since I'm not sure a relationship will happen in time for that to be an option (I'm in my mid 30s)

All the nopes. Even if I somehow liked kids, I can't even take care of myself.

skymessenger

I've already planned out everything.

I assume my brother will one day have kids (won't happen for awhile but still). I've always wanted to be the fun auntie who has a close relationship with her siblings kids. My brother and his future wife can have time together while I spoil their kids and also learn about parenting. I mean I do know child care but still, some experience would be nice.
I don't plan on having kids till I'm at least 31-32. That way I can graduate college, get a good job, travel to Japan and do whatever it is I need to do.
Then I'll do in-vitro (to those who do not know, it's combining a sperm and egg in a dish, then put it in a womb). I'll have a donor plus my own eggs combined. Due to medical reasons, I'd prefer a surrogate to carry the babies. But if I needed to, I'd do it myself. I'll have two kids. Maybe twins so I could only go through one pregnancy.
I mean as weird as it is, I want to pass on the genes. Unless there's an accident, for over a dozen of generations and running, my family lives a VERY long, healthy life (well into our 90's) with low chance of illnesses. I've done genealogy and my family is pretty healthy with very few mental issues. Whatever mental issues come up, I can be prepared for it. Also we're super tall (6 feet for girls ALONE) and I want to pass on the slender fingers to my future daughter. My grandmother had them, my mother has them and I do. It's strange but it means a lot to me.

But I digress.

I may adopt if in-vitro isn't an option. Or I can be satisfied with playing the loving aunt.

boxed toast

I want kids, I would probably adopt, probably an older kid too, I dunno I just get along with the older ones better I guess. It would have to be a long time in the future though. I have things I want to do in my life first (plus I'm still scared of the idea of having to look after myself in many respects) but I would love kids at some point in the future. Though I tell people that I don't otherwise I get the whole, 'if you want kids you should also get married' thing. Seriously I dont know where people get this nonscense.

But kids are fun, and funny and bring life to things, and they are important to humanity and lots of them need people to just give them imense amounts of love. And I could do that. I could love them to peices. And that love will motivate me always try to do right by them, to teach them and help them and be there for them in everyway I can.

Though the thought of doing it alone is scary

Touchofinsight

People in this thread?

'

Perhaps but there are alot of regretful parents out there sadly but it was their lack of responsibility that got them into that position.

People in this thread?

'

Perhaps but there are alot of regretful parents out there sadly but it was their lack of responsibility that got them into that position.

Not all regretful parents were "irresponsible". Some probably thought they wanted kids and then wished after the fact that they hadn't had them (NOT that they wish their kids hadn't been born... I figure it's a rather complicated set of feelings).

Archived