how did you end up in this site ?

monkey101

Random Google search on "Asexual" one day. I was only familiar with asexual reproduction prior.

I watched a video about asexuality on Youtube, and it recommended AVEN as a source for more knowledge about asexuality.

Hmm I was lurking on AVEN for quite some time before I finally decided to get an account and contribute to the discussions. I don't know if my input is valuable but I think reading posts by like-minded is quite an experience.

catsaregood

Read an Everyday Feminism article about asexuality and they mentioned AVEN so I googled it, and yay! here I am :)

The term popped into my head one day and I started researching and watched some videos by swankivy on Youtube, and eventually was directed here :)

Persistence mostly. My first contact with the site was met with SQL errors. I was doubting it even existed any more. I wonder how many asexy people were turned away due to SQL and never returned.

I saw a documentary on NZ TV about a young asexual woman meeting her asexual partner for the first time (they were in a distance relationship) ... . it was like a hallelujah moment :P ....I AM NOT BROKEN, I AM ASEXUAL!!! woop woop.

I sort of, gave up on the idea of never having a relationship, because I figured no one would want to be with a female who does not want/enjoy sex... then I joined AVEN to find like-minded people to talk to...

So long story short, my television brought me here :P

Here is the documentary ^_^ its only 13 mins long <3

Changed my life for the better <3

Random Google search on "Asexual" one day. I was only familiar with asexual reproduction prior.

I kinda just happened to stumble upon the wiki wile randomly searching stuff but I went in with a similar mindset, wish I had found it years before I did.

The Not So Impossible Girl

I googled 'asexuality' but I never would have known the word to search if my friend hadn't told me I'm asexual on one random day in school.

Honestly I think I finally realized after me and a friend talked about awkward hookups we've had and would then joke about "how asexual we are". Then one night soon after I was like- .....LOL I should probably google the word asexual.

I did a Google search on asexuality. At the time, I was trying to figure out what was "wrong" with me. Except it wasn't that huge of an issue until my then boyfriend was really annoyed with the lack of intimacy in our relationship. I ended up looking up asexuality and going oh! I'm not broken. He wasn't quite as ecstatic over my newly discovered sexuality as I was.

Anime Pancake

Cool topic!

I had tried to find a term to describe someone that didn't want to have sex. I found the term 'asexual' in a dictionary online.

About three or four months later, I went online again to try to find more info about 'asexual' and I found this site. It was so relieving to find this place. I don't feel so alone or misunderstood or weird anymore.

I'm very grateful I found this place.

I had a lesbian friend who linked to this LGBTQA+ blog. They mentioned asexuality on there, and I looked up what it was and found that it shockingly sounded just like me. I then found AVEN, and finally joined to ask if I truly understood what asexual was and if it applied to me.

Null_and_Void

Well, my girlfriend is asexual, and one day I was looking up something having to do with it (I can't quite remember, I just needed a definition for something we were talking about), and I found a page on the AVEN wiki about the asexuality spectrum. Confused by the new words I saw, I looked those up on the wiki as well, and upon reading the definition of demisexual, I realize it applied to me. It wasn't really a "Wow!" moment, more like a "Huh..." moment. It gave me a label and an easier way to explain things, sure, but all in all it hasn't affected my life. I'm still me.

However, I did get a bit curious and looked up AVEN after that, and then of course found this site. A few days later, after having read a few threads on the forums, I decided to join.

I discovered this site while searching Ask.com to find out if there was a difference between asexuality and genophobia.

Swimfreak660

Saw a post on Tumblr about asexuality and decided to do a google search since I had never heard of it.

I've been on various forums for years (a couple gay ones, and a couple that are hobby/collecting related) early this year I found/joined a bi forum...

Then one night a couple months ago I had a thought, and did a google'ing of "Asexual Forum" to see if such a thing existed. And yep :) there near the top was exactly what I searched for: an asexual forum (which happened to be this site :cool:) I lurked a bit, and joined.

met some really great aces on tumblr who told me about the website.

WhenSummersGone

Google search on either Asexual or Asexuality. I first read Wikipedia though.

A discussion on another forum I go too somehow went on a tangent and somehow asexuality got brought up. I didn't know what it was at the time, but was eventually brought here after a little bit of reading.

Kitty Autumn

I typed into google something along the lines of "not fancying your boyfriend" and "not fancying anyone" and finally found AVEN.

I read a online comic on Asexuality and the author linked to AVEN so I had a mooch around, left again and then I just kept coming back here so I signed up the forums and here we are.

SquirrelCat

I don't remember but I should probably credit Google for it.

Archived