Does anyone like being "sexy"?

paperwishes

As in, wearing sexy clothes or acting sexy? I am really into pinup and like, boudoir photography and I quite enjoy wearing cute lingerie and short dresses and shorts and low cut tops and such. Also if I have a SO I like to act/dress sexy in front of them. Anyone else like this?

I like to dress well and look attractive for other people, and to make myself feel good. But, nothing overtly sexy. Those days are long gone ;) Back in the 80's, I'd wear a tank top and cutoff jeans with the seams cut up the sides.

Got many complements when I did. Ah, youth...

I can't enjoy it, personally, but I respect people who do if they respect myself and others like myself in return. People should have the right to wear what they like.

What does worry me is that people who do dress that way get harassed by certain immature members of society, and then get blamed for it (e.g. "you were asking for it by dressing that way"). Some people can't get that most people who dress "sexy" do so for their own pleasure, not to invite the harassment of others.

If we're talking in the terms of I, myself, feeling sexy then yes. There isn't anything wrong with feeling good about yourself.

Now when it comes to other people thinking I'm sexy, not at all. In my experience, they throw out words like 'sexy', start flirting, ask you out on dates. This usually leads down to them expecting 'something in return'. At least in my experience.

Yes, with the disclaimer that for me 'sexy' differs from the common social standard of sexiness. I like to dress in a way that I find attractive and that I think suits me and my personality. Whether others find it sexy - I don't know and don't much care. I guess the short answer is I dress sexy for myself.

paperwishes

If we're talking in the terms of I, myself, feeling sexy then yes. There isn't anything wrong with feeling good about yourself.

Now when it comes to other people thinking I'm sexy, not at all. In my experience, they throw out words like 'sexy', start flirting, ask you out on dates. This usually leads down to them expecting 'something in return'. At least in my experience.

Yeah this is my problem too. Like I said, I like acting sexy for someone I already have formed a bond with but when I dress sexy and go out (which is like never but anyway) and guys start hitting on me, I'm like 'stop' haha.

That being said, I think I often forget that guys see me as sexually attractive and not just aesthetically. Like with my close guy friend I often joke about how nice my boobs look in a shirt or look how cute my new panties are and he just looks at me and I feel dumb like, oh yeah right that makes you excited... (probably just me for things like this XD)

iamphoenixfire

Oh, I love feeling sexy. It's a bit of a confidence boost. I feel powerful, and like I like good, and that shows.

I prefer not to attract that kind of attention. I just dress as modestly as possible. Baggy pants, long skirts, button ups, and t shirts with long sleeves under them are totally my thing.

I dunno, I prefer not to be seen as a potential sex partner.

i like to feel attractive, and i actually take it as a compliment when someone says im sexy or hot. as much as my feminist self disagrees with the use of those words as compliments, ive gotta say it does make me feel good. :')

Yes! I like fashion a lot. For me I like to dress up on occasion, say for a wedding or just some random spur of the moment, and when I do I always make the most of it and take some pictures.The rest of the time I just am casual, which is fine with me. If I had a SO I would dress up for them now and again. Its fun. I have dressed up many times for self portraits just for fun and I'm sure I will be glad I took those pictures some day when I am old. I love photography so I find nice backgrounds and wear a fancy dress/clothes and jewelry and use my tripod and a timer remote to take the pics. I get all kinds of cool pictures like the ones in the magazines, however I find myself much more attractive than those skinny models and have a much nicer face. IMO. Its fun to toy around with them in photoshop too.

Basically I model clothing for my self Lol!

Mostly I just wear fashion but occasionally a nice swimsuit or something. Just for me when no one else is around. ^_^

I do wish I could dress like that publicly on occasion, but then I get hit on, and for everyday wear there isn't much purpose. I do think it is a compliment to be told I'm sexy, attractive ext... its the jerks out there that ruin it.

I recommend it, its great to do just for your self, and when you grow old you will have all those lovely pictures of how you use to look 50+ years ago, and you can think back to all those fond memories of youth. :P

Yah, i wear cute lingerie. I guess wearing any sort of cloths should be what you think looks good, so thats why i do it? If i wore undergarments that i thought looked bad i would feel ugly to a degree. I dont care if what i wear is perceived as sexual. Well, actually no, what makes it cute is probably that it is linked to being attractive and thus sexual. But i obviously do not wear it for sexual reasons. And even though i wear clothing i think looks cute, I do try to dress modestly if i do pick something that could be taken as "sexy." If i pick short shorts i'll wear leggings with them, or a tank top gets a light jacket put over it (un or lowly zipped so it just covers the shoulders), etc. And they really dont take away from the cloths. I'm not afraid of showing my body, its just that i dont want to do false advertising. That, and you can get cold showing skin.

Hell no. I don't want sex and don't want to be seen in that sort of way, so I can't see the point.

littleheartsofjoy

I don't know.

It's cool to look nice for yourself, and oh I do that decently. I can count the number of times that I have been called that, on one hand. I'm fine with that though, and I prefer to look nice and cute, over being sexy. How I see it is that compliments are nice (genuine ones, not from jerks or people who are sexually attracted to me), but I don't depend on them.

As for modesty, I guess I am modest in comparison to how some other people dress, but again, I'm fine with that and I don't really personally care how other people dress. I would rather not be seen as sexually attractive but I'm cool with being seen as aesthetically attractive.

I prefer not to be seen as a potential sex partner.

This hits the nail on the head for me. I dress nicely, but I don't ever want to dress as a walking neon billboard saying "potential sex partner here"

Squirrel Combat

From a male perspective, I will sometimes wear a suit to something formal where I may see girls. But I don't FEEL SEXY. I feel HANDSOME! ;) I'm king of the scene!

NewfangledArtist

No, I hate the idea that anyone could ever get sexually attracted to me at all. Never mind when it's as fast as just someone looking at me! :P I don't mind if someone only comments on my appearance and says I look 'nice' or have a nice speaking voice though (the latter is actually good for my self esteem as a songwriter who is terrified of singing I guess), but even then I'm only really comfortable with that "You look nice but that's not to say I want sex with you" kinda comment is when it's other women saying it or homosexual guys or even other aces and demis. If it's anyone else, I panic somewhere in my mind that they could actually also like the idea of having sex with me.That's how much I don't like anyone looking at me in that light, I'm so grossed out by the idea I panic and want to awkwardly distance myself whenever a heterosexual man simply says I look nice. 'Sexy' makes me SUPER awkward and unhappy..

Arctic_Revenge

I do like to look and act seductive, outside of feeling plain attractive - but not because I want sex. I want power.

A big problem I find is that it is beaten into the brains of girls and women that being sexy is powerful.

That in itself isn't bad, except it seems like its the ONLY approved way for women to feel powerful and badass.

If this is indeed the case, I haven't escaped it. >:(

Just like Black Widow, Catwoman, Poison Ivy... any femme fatale since the beginning of time,

I walk taller, feel stronger, have more confidence when I'm wielding sexuality [that I don't actually have].

I wish it weren't that way, but it seems ingrained. Nothing else makes me feel powerful.

I lack physical strength, lack notable intelligence, lack charisma... This is all I feel I have.

Great post!!

I'm into leather culture and I love faux leather jackets, skirts, dresses, real leather, (haha when I can afford it $$$), etc. I feel sexy when I wear tight dresses or skinny jeans. But I am also the androgynous man in brown pants who just wants to be a dude and sit with my legs open just feeling like a dude in a woman's body. I go between as a genderqueer, gender non-conforming and Two-Spirit person! Its who I am!

I like to feel sexy at least for myself. I want to dress nice, not to attract people to me, but to show people I care about myself usually. If I go out to a party or dancing, I want to look cute and sexy, but not so guys hit on me. And there's a difference between sexy and sleazy. You can still look elegant at the same time. A lot of sexual guys just think all girls are dressing for them. I appreciate complements, just not harassment and I think I can say the same for most everyone haha

As in, wearing sexy clothes or acting sexy? I am really into pinup and like, boudoir photography and I quite enjoy wearing cute lingerie and short dresses and shorts and low cut tops and such. Also if I have a SO I like to act/dress sexy in front of them. Anyone else like this?

I like how you added "acting sexy". I don't pay too much attention to my appearance for me or for other people apart from basic stuff, such as being clean. xD Apparently your attitude and how you carry yourself can be sexy. I like being sexy, I suppose it mean's I'm doing something right.

not to other people, but i like feeling sexy to myself. it probably helps that what i feel "sexy" in is basically poofy skirts...i don't think they exactly scream, "hello, yes, i want to have sex with you." :P

I definitely like to dress up nice, and I think its a plus when people think I look attractive. Other than that I'm not much of a fan of showing off skin or muscles.

paperwishes

I like how you added "acting sexy". I don't pay too much attention to my appearance for me or for other people apart from basic stuff, such as being clean. xD Apparently your attitude and how you carry yourself can be sexy. I like being sexy, I suppose it mean's I'm doing something right.

I added "acting sexy" because I enjoy playing around with boys I'm close to... Like bending over or something... I don't really know how else to explain it haha.

Also, I notice a lot of people saying they dress "cute" instead. I just wanted to say that when I do dress up, I see it as cute. I see lingerie as cute, especially those little dress ones. I see short dresses and panties cute. But other people see it as sexy, and I like dressing like that and I also like attention I guess :P

paperwishes

I just want to bump this a little cuz I wanted to mention that I kind of see myself as one who likes voyeurism, in that I am not the voyeur but the one being watched. That being said it's not like I want someone to stalk me or put hidden cameras in my house but I like dressing and acting sexy because I like being watched. Don't know if that makes sense...

No. I don´t like sexy clothes, make-up etc. on anyone, not only on me.

I don't understand what sexy is........

I like dressing up occasionally and doing my make up all fancy. I dunno if I'd class that as sexy though.

paperwishes

I don't understand what sexy is........

To me, sexy is as I understand it from my society. Showing off skin and accentuating my hips/legs/breasts is how I feel sexy looks to those who truly understand sexual attraction. Other people kind of teach me what sexy is, when I would see it as cute or pretty myself.