Newbie's Question about WorldPride

Maelstrom_17

Maelstrom_17

So.. as I was looking on the site a week ago.. I noticed that there's EuroPride in Oslo, Norway for people who can't make it to WorldPride. Does anyone know if it would be possible to create an offshoot of that in America for people may not be able to make it to Canada? And who would organize something like that if the idea sounds somewhat feasible?

The asexual community tries to participate in most of the pride events. If there is a pride event somewhere, feel free to create a thread to organize participation.

Maelstrom_17

The asexual community tries to participate in most of the pride events. If there is a pride event somewhere, feel free to create a thread to organize participation.

But the thing is the event doesn't exist yet since no one has organized such an event yet. I would like some advice on how to create an event in the first place and how to organize one, etc.

But the thing is the event doesn't exist yet since no one has organized such an event yet. I would like some advice on how to create an event in the first place and how to organize one, etc.

I'm unsure about hosting an event like WorldPride, because it needs lots of people to attending in order to make sense. And WorldPride attracts more people because it's WorldPride But you can definitely organize marching in pride parades. Besides, the USA is big. There will always be people who can't attend because of distance.

If you wish, you can check out the Visibility and Education Projects forum. People often organize pride marches there.

Is there usually a Pride Parade in your area? RobinL is right, it's usually a super fun and great chance to meet local aces by organising a contingent to march in the local Pride Parade. If there's one near you, I'd highly recommend seeing if there's interest in your area for that! It's fun, and it's essentially what we're doing at WorldPride, except on a smaller scale and great for those who can't make it all the way to WorldPride.

Note: It doesn't necessarily all happen at the same time, but it's usually sometime in the summer. You'll have to check with your local pride association :)

Is there usually a Pride Parade in your area? RobinL is right, it's usually a super fun and great chance to meet local aces by organising a contingent to march in the local Pride Parade. If there's one near you, I'd highly recommend seeing if there's interest in your area for that! It's fun, and it's essentially what we're doing at WorldPride, except on a smaller scale and great for those who can't make it all the way to WorldPride.

Note: It doesn't necessarily all happen at the same time, but it's usually sometime in the summer. You'll have to check with your local pride association :)

Right. You can check this List of LGBT events.
Maelstrom_17

I'm unsure about hosting an event like WorldPride, because it needs lots of people to attending in order to make sense. And WorldPride attracts more people because it's WorldPride But you can definitely organize marching in pride parades. Besides, the USA is big. There will always be people who can't attend because of distance.

If you wish, you can check out the Visibility and Education Projects forum. People often organize pride marches there.

Well, ja obviously the USA is big :) I was just feeling sad for all of the people in the southern and western parts of the US who couldn't make it because of the distance/financial issues, etc.

• 9 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator