Do you wear makeup?

Pikanyaa

Makeup  

1. 1. How often do you wear makeup or use perfume/cologne?

• Never
    • Only on special occasions
    • Sometimes when I feel like it
    • Almost every day

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted, "only on special occasions" because I have worn makeup before for some events, but it's literally stuff that only happens once or twice a year at most; and even though I like makeup it's weird and uncomfortable to actually wear it so it's more like "Never".

sound_the_bugle

I think the last time I wore makeup was for prom, about a year ago. Before that, maybe one event at summer camp when I decided to let friends have fun. Before that... a horse back riding show when I was fourteen? I don't know. It's very, very rare that I wear makeup.

I have a friend do it for me when I have a job interview or am cosplaying

Apart from that I volunteer at a haunted house every year where they ugly you up to scare people.

They did a lovely job with latex last year.

tumblr_myp6zo2Qzu1rk52rwo3_500.jpg

I don't wear makeup at home or in very casual places. Ever.

However if I am going somewhere more upscale, and where lots of people will be, I like to put on makeup. Especially if my face is blotchy that day. I say all the confidence is in the mascara, and the pleasant, strong-smelling mint lip gloss I have. Oh, and I love a sunset-blush on my cheekbones ^-^

I tend to wear that makeup look, regardless of occasion. I do not care to spend more than I have to on makeup. One look that compliments my face for all occasions, is enough.

Only if i have a work meetinng and when Im going out at night like to a restaurant or a club...

During the day it not confortable wear make up cause the heat plus I dont actually have time to fix it, between work and uni is better going the most simple I can to make everything easier

Never.

I have this thing where I feel like there's a mask on my face / weird stuff stuck to my skin if I try to wear any. I don't like the feeling and I don't like the smell - can't think of a reason to try harder to like it. Especially when it can't actually help me look better.

I guess I'm a bit of a freak though, it's not only make-up, I can't wear nailpolish as well - my fingers feel like there are ice caps on them.

ThePaperRose

I haven't worn any makeup since... my senior prom 2 years ago :blink:

I have never worn makeup, eye shadow, mascara, lipliner, lip gloss, nor anything else of that sort, and if I ever have a significant other someday, then I hope that my significant other does not wear it either. Such products would not beautify my face (it would simply make me look all gaudy and ridiculous), and I have a hard time imagining it could beautify my significant other's face either.

I tried wearing fragrance once in my life and the stench was rather gross; therefore, it is doubtful that I will ever wear it again.

SlightlyToxicXmasShrub

I am incredibly fascinated by the reasons people choose to wear makeup or choose not to wear makeup. There seems to be a lot of environmental factors at work (eg. growing up closely with brothers it wasn't something I thought about, my mother rarely wore makeup) in combination with personal expression. The social expectations/stereotypes that go along with wearing/not wearing makeup and who is/isn't "allowed" to wear it are also intriguing.

*swats away research mode* Personally my skin is super sensitive (not really in a reactionary way but in that I'm super sensitive to touch) and it's too distracting for me to wear makeup. Also I have terrible facial-recognition ability and I like to be able to at least recognize myself on a daily basis. :lol: Perfume is okay, though I only wear it rarely and in small amounts - I like the people around me to be able to breathe.

Maroshka H'ghar

I would say I wear makeup an average of 4 days in a month. some months that's just exaggerating. I only wear it when I'm going somewhere with people that's not school, and it's mostly because I want to look good. I don't want anyone else to find me attractive, I just want to see myself in the mirror when I go to the bathroom and think "I look great!" I don't do it at home because I don't want to look great at home, I want to wear pajamas and read or watch shows and movies, or play videogames.

I don't wear perfume and I implore the people around me to not wear it, it makes me sooooo nauseous. I have a great sense of smell, it's like a superpower and a burden. the good side is that it helps me to have a great sense of taste and i can detect almost every ingredient in a plate of food, and it also makes me a great cook. but perfumes make me seriously nauseous, it's because some perfumes are bitter and alcoholy (by some I mean most of them) and the ones that are not bitter are too sweet, so sweet that my blood pressure races like if I'd eaten a whole bag of chocolate.

I guess I'm a bit of a freak though, it's not only make-up, I can't wear nailpolish as well - my fingers feel like there are ice caps on them.

I had a short bit in high school where I wore nail polish simply to get me to stop chewing my fingernails. It didn't work. I got so accustomed to the unpleasant taste that I would peel all the polish off and continue to the nail without even noticing.

Almost every day. I have some scars on my face which I cover with foundation and I wear eye liner, but to me it's the same as putting my nose ring or watch and jewellery on before leaving the house.

I only wear mascara, eye shadow or lipstick on special occasions.

FFXIVMithra

I wear it everyday. Since adulthood, I started getting acne, so I just hide it. I eat very clean and organic, so it's not my diet causing skin issues. My mom had it as well, so it's just one of those things.

No.

1) I have never seen anyone who looks better with make-up than without.

2) I´m against animaltesting and almost all make-up and cosmetics in general are tested on animals. I could choose some cruelty-free but I just don´t want to promote the idea that women should wear make-up because the most of them use something tested on animals. I don´t want to be walking advertisement on torturing of animals.

3) I don´t think it´s healthy to put something on the face.

4) Make-up disgusts me. If a person wears more of it than invisible amount, it looks awful. :-/ Like a mask.

Perfume gives me awful migraines and I hate the texture of makeup. But I also try to distance myself from traditionally girly things, too. They make me really uncomfortable.

My friends say I'm too pretty for make-up

I say I'm too lazy, then I hit them for implying that they need it because they aren't aesthetically pleasing enough

Then I stretch my arm as far as I can without moving the rest of me and try to reach the cake. "want...cake..too....far...."

"Just get up and get it"

"...too....lazy...."

:D

I wear make up when I work because it makes me look less tired, and it's nice to fluff myself a bit sometimes though.

Oh, almost always. Practically every day.

I don't feel ready to start the day until my make up's done and sorted. I just generally feel well put together with make up on, and I feel more confident.

My appearance is very important to me. The day you catch me not looking well put together is the day the world implodes.

I use chap stick and lip gloss. I own a tube of mascara that I have only used like twice. I can't even use face wash often, because it causes breakouts. I definitely can't wear make up. I have sensitive, fragile skin on my face. I use body spray nearly every day.

Neverrrrr and I'm a bio female!

njosnavelin

I do enjoy going to some interesting parties and dressing ridiculously. Maybe I will tone down the my dress but crank on the makeup in a settle way. I am thinking about trying some eyeliner and eye lash extensions or glitter on the lids. Little things that make a twist of wonderment and curiousness in someone’s mind. Something fun.

helana12_03

I never wear makeup. I wear makeup on Halloween, but I don't think it counts.

Archived