Do you wear makeup?

Pikanyaa

Makeup  

1. 1. How often do you wear makeup or use perfume/cologne?

• Never
    • Only on special occasions
    • Sometimes when I feel like it
    • Almost every day

This poll is closed to new votes

Pretty straightforward poll (and yes, this applies to guys too!)

I never wore makeup growing up because my mom never wore it. Also it's too expensive and I look better without it, imo. I've had to wear eyeliner and lipstick before for dance recitals when I was younger, and I look a lot less friendly with makeup on. =P Plus I like to be able to rub my eyes without ruining my face. I only hope I won't be pressured into wearing it when I enter the professional world after college.

Share your opinions!

I started wearing makeup in high school because I thought that's just what girls were supposed to do at some point in their lives. After a while, I felt it cost too much money, took too much time/concentration/patience to put on, and made me look too much like someone else for me to want to keep doing it. Every once in a while, I'll put on some eye-liner because I think it looks cool, but that's about it. I agree about the rubbing my eyes part, though. That's not a good look on anyone XP.

catsaregood

Nearly all the time! I like wearing it, but I think it's also a bit of a mask from people...I only wear fairly normal amounts though, enhancing my natural features :) but really more for myself than others.

WhenSummersGone

Every day when I go out but it's mostly cover makeup, nothing special.

Generally I keep it pretty simple with regular ole' chap stick. However I do like lip gloss. Occassionally I wear lipstick, eyeliner. I have this amethyst color eyeliner which is out of this world!! ;)

Except for a little something on my lips, no! But I need some colour on my lips because without it, I would feel pretty bare - I'm just so used to it. For the rest of the face, I favour the natural look (no makeup) and this is admittedly easier to do, when you have reasonably good skin to begin with. My mother also does not wear any makeup, except for eyeliner. I really do believe that the mother's skin care/makeup habits influence the daughter's skin care/makeup habits to an extent - I grew up observing my mother's natural beauty, even in the midst of heavily makeup-ed faces - so I never did feel a strong pull towards wearing a full face of makeup.

Having said that, I am hoping that I can continue with the natural look (no makeup), as I progress into the workplace. But it doesn't look like it unfortunately. For instance, surely there is need for a concealer? And then eventually comes the other things.

Maelstrom_17

I don't agree with wearing makeup at all. I feel like people do it because society and males (which is dominated by men in a lot of countries still) expect us to. Plus, men don't have to wear any of that ridiculous stuff, yet they expect women to look all fancy when they don't have to put in anywhere near as much effort. That being said, I do like applying concealer/face powder once in awhile.

Elisabeth33

I try to keep it looking natural and only when I feel like wearing makeup. I usually just wear blush for my cheeks and lipstick because I've stabbed myself in the eye too many times putting on mascara. And I only wear makeup if I want to look cute or something, but I'm usually good without it.

Crealityisabeast

i rarely wear make-up. i think the last time i wore it was for my cousin's wedding about two years ago?

i don't like how it feels on my face and i always rub my face. (like i have splotches of foundation and mascara on my sleeves from rubbing my face)

When I'm onstage, but not much beyond that!

AnomalyEternal

I never wear make-up. I have worn it before for school performances or when I was younger and my mum put it on me, but I just really couldn't care less. I find it boring and get irritated if people insist I wear it. I think it's just a waste of time and that you're kind of covering up who you really are. You shouldn't need to wear make-up for people to like you or respect you or find you aesthetically appealing. But I also believe that if you like to wear it because it's just something you like doing, then that's your business; go right ahead.

I don't leave the house without makeup. I'm the type of girl who puts on eyeliner, mascara, lipstick and concealer just to go to school or work.

I'm not insecure about how I look, I just prefer to wear makeup. The only time I'm barefaced is when I'm at home.

I don't really agree with the way society almost forces young girls to start wearing make-up, but I suppose that's a different topic altogether. I do like wearing it on occasion; I used to put on (basic) make-up every day because people'd tell me I look tired or ill otherwise but now I feel confident enough to leave the house without eyeliner and mascara.

I do not wear makeup. I have some perfumes that have been offered to me. Sometimes, I use them. But, if I didn't have them, I would not use perfume either.

Cleanse, tone, moisturize, face primer, foundation, eye primer, eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, Vaseline as a lip primer, lipstick... when a concert, club night, etc. calls for it. Perfume? I'd wear feminine perfume oils since I already have an assortment of masculine oils. No sprays, thanks.

romantic-woman

I don't wear makeup unless I have to go to a meeting or for some occasions. I feel insecure when I wear makeup and it doesn't feel comfortable on my skin. makeup products are made of chemicals that are harmful for the skin and health

http://www.breastcancerfund.org/clear-science/environmental-breast-cancer-links/cosmetics/

i have made a big research about make up chemicals and i learnt about the nasty ingredients, i ALWAYS read the ingredients list at the back and i try to wear only organic or paraben free make up. It is the same for all products that touch our skin (sunscreen, body or face cream, body lotions ).

I don't wear makeup unless I have to go to a meeting or for some occasions. I feel insecure when I wear makeup and it doesn't feel comfortable on my skin. makeup products are made of chemicals that are harmful for the skin and health

http://www.breastcancerfund.org/clear-science/environmental-breast-cancer-links/cosmetics/

i have made a big research about make up chemicals and i learnt about the nasty ingredients, i ALWAYS read the ingredients list at the back and i try to wear only organic or paraben free make up. It is the same for all products that touch our skin (sunscreen, body or face cream, body lotions ).

what organic products do you buy

romantic-woman

what organic products do you buy

it depends on the place you are but you can easily write the "nasty" ingredients on a paper and check the products. Parabens, mineral oil and many more. I can send you a list.

littleheartsofjoy

Sometimes when I feel like it, I do.

That is usually limited to tinted lip balms though. I like lip gloss too, and the idea of lip stains as well but that's really it. I consider filling in my brows sometimes but I never go through with it >.<

I never really wear perfume though. I don't smell bad or anything, but I just rarely do perfume. Not sure why.

Captain Darkhorse

Other than chapstick, I don't wear makeup or perfume unless it's a special occasion. And the chapstick is really so when I chew my lip (it's a nervous habit) I don't make it bleed.

I don't wear makeup or perfume. But I'm cool with others wearing it, that's their business. Other women, that is. I don't like seeing men in makeup. The only exception is for gentlemen of the stage such as actors, presenters etc. That is part of the job.

I don't particularly like wearing it. Also I have sensitive skin and am allergic to most toiletries and cosmetics. I also find the smell of most perfumes offensive.

Alfred_Juumonji

The only time I wear make up is for cons. I feel comfortable with my face, which is good enough for me.

peanut-butter-cloud

I do, sometimes. Most of the time, I'm too lazy to bother with it at all, but I wear it when I have a presentation, or a special event. I never go heavy with it - I almost never wear eyeshadow or mascara, and I don't even own any eyeliner. Mainly, I just want to cover up pimples and acne scars. So a "full face" of makeup for me is foundation, concealer, a little bit of blush, and lipstick that matches my natural lip color. Often, if I'm feeling lazy but still have pimples or scars I want to cover up, I just use concealer and call it a day.

I'd say 85% of the time, I'm makeup-free. 10% of the time, I wear just concealer, and then 5%, "full face" of makeup.

The only makeup I wear is mascara. My eyelashes are so light-colored, they are nearly invisible (well, actually they were, now they are a bit darker, by the use of mascara, I guess). So, if I wear mascara, I like the way it emphasizes my eyes and their color, and I also feel as it kind of compensates for the natural dark rings under my eyes. I also bought an eyeliner some years ago, but I never used it, I guess for me using it is not worth the concentration and time it takes.

In general I like the natural look better and if it wasn't for social pressure, I think I also wouldn't wear mascara. In secondary school I was actually the last girl in my class to wear mascara and before doing it, I felt pressured for months.

Leaving the house not wearing mascara feels somehow strange, but when I know I'm just going to a shop near were I live or visiting a person I'm really close to, I often save the time and effort.

Never wear makeup personally. Bit to expensive for my tastes (atm), but if I was to wear it would be for myself. Little confidence boost never hurt :D

Archived