Asexual Discussion Group: Jacksonville

Zapurr

[[RELEVANT INFORMATION AS OF 8th of DECEMBER 2014]]

Ace/Aro Peer Support Group @ UNF Peer Support Group

The Asexual (Ace) and Aromantic (Aro) Support Group is peer support group that allows for ace and aro individuals to meet and discuss a wide range of topics associated with being ace and aro. The support group is open to all individuals under the Gray Spectrum including but not limited to: asexual, aromantic, demisexual, demiromantic, heteroromantic, or people questioning on the side of the Gray Spectrum. It is requested that new participants contact e-mail Justin Savage (aceandaro.lgbtrc@gmail.com) for more information before attending. The group meets weekly on Thursdays at 6pm. The schedule for Spring 2014 is as follows:

ยท Every Thursday at 6pm starting the Second Week of January.

The final meeting of every week is open to allies.

*Please note that Ace and Aro Support Group is a peer support group and that there is no mental health counselor or other accredited person available.

This group meets at the University of North Florida's LGBT Resource Center located in Building 58E and room 1111.

[[Edited (25/09/2014) due to the fact that the group has changed so much]]

[[Edited again 8th December]]

• 1 month later...

[[OUTDATED INFORMATION AS OF 26th of SEPTEMBER 2014]]

Hey!!! Just an update on the group!! Since I am not in Jacksonville, there will be a hiatus until Wednesday September 3rd. However, I will be updating the group page during the summer.

This group also has full support by the UNF's LGBT Resource Center!!

Something I posted on another source:

• So far! This group has had about a steady stream of 5-10 people every other week from February to April. Unfortunately, due to my not being there there is a hiatus on the group meets until, at latest, Wednesday September 3rd.

I really want more people to come to the meetings for more recognition and hopefully more outreach can happen! I would also like more people to like the Facebook page. I will update it frequently.

Additionally! I have made a private group for the discussion group. You may contact Justin Savage (me) on facebook to be invited to the group.

• 4 months later...

Hey, I'm gonna bump this post because the group is still going on. Also, I work at the LGBTRC on campus now and is officially an event facillitated by the LGBTRC on the UNF Campus.

Please email me at aceandaro.lgbtrc@gmail.com if you have any questions!

• Meetings for Fall 2014 are at 6pm at the UNF LGBT Resource Center on:
    • October 2nd, 7th, 16th, 21st, 30th;
    • November 4th, 13th, 18th, 27th
    • December 2nd
Contrarian Expatriate

Jacksonville is the city in which I "came out" as an Ace a few months ago. I'll be there again in late November so I might be at that meeting.

It is great that these groups exist. I just wish there was something in the DC area also.

Awesome, Blace! I hope to see you there :D

Also! I have talked to the heads of the LGBT Resource Center and moved it from a Dicussion Group, to a Support Group exlusively.

You can check us out on:http://www.unf.edu/lgbtrc/Asexual_and_Aromantic_Support_Group.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping, the group is really active ^^

between 6-7 grey spectra people show up most meetings

Archived