Need people for photo project in London!

giuliam

Hi guys,

I am an Italian photojournalist and I am interested in doing a project about asexuality. I am also interested in meeting someone who defines him/herself as sexual anorexic. In the context of contemporary society, where everything seems to be connected to sex I would like to show the opposite side, the one that doesn’t care at all about sex for whatever reason it is. I am interested in meeting and talking to people who are eager to discuss the topic freely in the LONDON. Who's up for this?

:) Thanks

I have spoken to Giulia by Skype and am happy to approve this project. The project will revolve around photos and interviews, and will feature in a piece of work Giulia is preparing for school and will also be pitched to a few magazines (though this isn't yet certain). Please note that the deadline Giulia is working on is quite tight; the interviews should be conducted before Easter, which is only a bit over a week away. So if you are in or near London and are interested please PM Giulia right away. You can also PM me for more info about the project.

Just to address one possible issue, I asked about the mention of sexual anorexia, and explained this really isn't what asexuality is about. While sexual fluidity is not unheard of, most asexual people have been that way as long as they can remember and their asexuality is not a "pathological loss" of anything, as the Wikipedia page I linked puts it. However after speaking with Giulia, I'd say this was just a terminological error (which has now been corrected). I can confirm that Giulia is looking especially for people who have never really been interested in sex - which clearly overlaps a lot with asexuality - rather than anyone who has suffered temporary loss in libido, which is more what sexual anorexia is about.

- michaeld (AVEN Project Team)

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I'd love to meet up on Saturday. Where about in London are you going to be?

Thanks twisting valley! Much appreciated.

I am in London now, so if you want to partecipate, please drop me a message! :)

I can confirm what Michael wrote: it was just a terminological misunderstanding. I am indeed looking for people who are not interested in sex, so asexual people. I am in London now until 22 April and would like to get in touch and meet up for a chat also with students or people in academia. Many thanks again for your precious support and help so far! Please send me a message if interested.

Hi everyone

So far the response from people has been great and I need to thank all the people who I talked to either in person and on Skype (many thanks for AVEN founder David Jay!)

I still need some help. I would be glad to meet and have a chat to some ASEXUAL PARENTS in the London area and Brighton. I will be here until 22 April. Please send me a message.

Many thanks!

You all need to get involved, she's awesome, patient, understanding and put up with me getting distracted by puppies a lot :)

Words-hurtxWords-heal

I see I'm awfully late to the game, but if you're still looking for volunteers and you're available tomorrow (the 19th) I'm free -shrug-

• 3 weeks later...
littlepersonparadox

Cool read the article it was really well done.

Archived