Pamphlet information and design suggestions

Member54880

Member54880

During the WorldPride parade and Interntional Asexual Conference, we will be handing out pamphlet(s). We want to know what kind of information you'd like to see on those pamphlet(s). If you have any suggestions for information and designs you'd like to see, feel free to list and show them here.

We would like the parade and conference designs to be unified and cohesive (see the designs in the poster thread for reference). It's also important to keep in mind that our target group for the parade pamphlets will most likely be sexual people or asexual people who don't know that they are asexual.

Space on the pamphlet will be limited. Our current suggested size is around ¼ the size of a standard letter-sized page, so it's important to be brief and concise.

If anyone wants to help with designing the actual pamphlets, please say so here in this thread or PM me, or amygdala.

Internet Meme

I've been studying graphic design for several years now, I would love to help design pamphlets!

I do have an idea, and it's a very simple one (to the point it may be too simple? I dunno)

So what if our leaflets have the flag as background color (4 colors is the usual standard leaflets as far as cheap ones go), and on one side they say:

"Asexuality is NOT" [insert what it isn't (celibacy, etc)]

and on the other side, simply:

"Asexuality is [insert short explanation]. Visit www.asexuality.org for more info"

Eventually we want to fight stereotypes/prejudice and bring more people to read about asexuality, right? I'd just like to spark their curiosity and lead them to AVEN, what do you think?

I'll work on a couple pictures as soon as I have some time to give you a visual, though I think it's simple enough you can imagine.

• Like 4

I have some questions. When you say '¼ the size of a standard letter-sized page' what do you mean? Are we talking a page cut into four equal pieces length-wise or width-wise? Or do you mean that the pamphlet will be folded from a standard-size piece of paper so that each face of the pamphlet takes up ¼ of the page? If it's just a piece of paper cut into quarters, then it's not really a pamphlet... it's a very small sheet of paper? Would we be expected to then fold this quarter size sheet to make a pamphlet?

These questions may seem overly-specific, but what I'm trying to figure out is how much space we actually have. I love ithaca's idea, however if we do have a whole sheet of paper folded into fourths... I think we're not using the space we have efficiently.

I also wanted to mention that ithaca's idea would work great for the business cards that are also on the list of things to design.

This is a (badly made) sketch of my idea for a leaflets or a postcard or something, as I said just to spark curiosity and not to give full-detailed info.

asexualityisnot.jpg

Asexualitymeans.jpg

• Like 1
Guest member25959

"To know more", or "for more info"? It's more common to drop the www. when you intend to print a web address on paper. Personally I would use a softer font, something like Arial MT, but I'm guessing that those are rough drafts?

But I do like these, they're nice and simple.

Edited by Arca nine Huggles
JJButterworth

CUBuVNT.jpg

Other then the typo it is great. It should say "To learn more or join the community go to asexuality.org..."

• Like 1

Other then the typo it is great. It should say "To learn more or join the community go to asexuality.org..."

Thanks. I made the edit and updated my post.

For Ithaca's poster design, would it be better to say "Asexuality is" instead of "Asexuality simply means" since it's not a simple definition (as observed by all of the disagreements in the asexual community about it)? Saying "Asexuality simply means" also seems to contradict the "It's not a black and white issue" at the bottom. I also think it would be better to keep with AVEN's definition of asexuality "not experiencing sexual attraction" without adding in a "to anyone" phrase.

For Ithaca's poster design, would it be better to say "Asexuality is" instead of "Asexuality simply means" since it's not a simple definition (as observed by all of the disagreements in the asexual community about it)? Saying "Asexuality simply means" also seems to contradict the "It's not a black and white issue" at the bottom. I also think it would be better to keep with AVEN's definition of asexuality "not experiencing sexual attraction" without adding in a "to anyone" phrase.

That's a point. From a design standpoint, it might look better with "asexuality means" so we don't have "it" in it's own line

• 9 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator