Random polls? Random polls.

vaguelyPlatonic

Random polls I think about at 2AM.  

1. 1. How many pillows do you sleep with?

• None
    • One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • More than four
    • It depends
    • I kick them around a lot so I'm not sure
  2. 2. What color eyes do you have?

• Blue
    • Brown
    • Hazel
    • Black
    • Grey
    • Other
    • I'm heterochromiac
  3. 3. Have you ever done any of the following?

• Spaced out while talking to someone
    • Choked on air
    • Fell up the stairs
    • Sprained an ankle whilst sitting down
    • Threw an object at something only to have it ricochet and hit you
    • Ate an entire package of Oreos while reading an article on healthy eating
    • Sent the wrong person a particularly embarrassing message
    • Took out a library book, promised to return it the next day, and ended up returning it three months later
    • Slipped on a banana peel
    • Tripped on an animal on the stairs

This poll is closed to new votes

vaguelyPlatonic

So, due to my insomnia, I was laying in bed and thought, "I wonder how many other people kick their pillows off their bed?" And because I have no friends, where else to go than to AVEN for a survey?

Especially for the last question, feel free to talk about why you chose some of the options you did.

You can naturally have black eyes? Or is there a point where really dark brown is considered black?

Also banana peels on a polished wooden floor are kinda slippery.

Interesting first post. Welcome to AVEN. :cake:

ObsessedWithCats

Pillows depends on overall thickness not number of pillows, and when I'm ill it's as many as I can get hold of so I can sleep sitting up. I've occasionally chucked excess pillows off the bed but I'm more likely to sneak toward the other end of the bed and wake up with my feet out the end of the duvet. The most complicated thing I ever did in my sleep was take off an extra t-shirt layer. The next morning I was decidedly freaked out.

Blue eyes, nothing special.

My cat's first reaction to the doorbell going is to run halfway down the stairs and stop there. One of these days she'll get stomped on.

Two pillows, side by side as I sleep in a 3/4 length bed. Grey eyes (like my heartthrob!). Yes, I have fallen upstairs.

Vyanni Krace

You can naturally have black eyes? Or is there a point where really dark brown is considered black?

My dad's father apparently had black eyes.

One pillow (I wish I was a women, then it would be 3 :P), grey eyes (mostly), spaced out, choked and fell while going up the stairs. I've nearly tripped on a dog before on the stairs....but not quite. I've sent messages to the wrong person before, but nothing embarrassing. I'm naturally clumsy. :blush:

I've also deliberately stepped on a rake before just to see it really would hit me in the forehead.

Ouch.

NoLongerActive1234

What a fun, random poll! Also you are most welcome to Aven! :) Cake? :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

So for the answers to the questions: I use two pillows on top of each other. One that is a bit more firm and one that is more soft. I find that my breathing is better when my head is positioned like this, and of course it is rather comfy. ^_^

I chose other as an option when it comes to my eyes. They are a mixture between blue and green and a bit of yellow.

For the last question: I can say that I have definitely spaced out while talking to someone and I most certainly have fell up the stairs too. I can't recall having had the other things happen to me, but similar and equally embarrassing and troublesome things have occured lol. Although I might have choked on air in the past, but if I did I must've supressed the memory. ;)

5_♦♣

Two pillows. I wasn't sure whether to pick other or I'm heterochromatic for eye color as I do have partial heterochromia but wasn't sure if you only meant complete heterochromia, so I picked other. I have tripped up the stairs.

I sleep with one pillow, can't stand having more than one pillow. I also sleep funny, I bury my head under that one pillow. Much more comfortable and nice than laying my head ON the pillow. What kind of crazy person does that? :P

Hazel eyes. Not much else I can say on the matter. I like my eye color.

I've spaced out while talking to people, choked on air, last year I actually broke my ankle falling up the stairs, thrown something and had it ricochet and hit me, and returned library books ridiculously late. Yes I am both very absent minded and very clumsy. Yes I do have many more stories of things like those I've done, too many to even recount. No I do not know how I manage to function in the world.

vaguelyPlatonic

I've also deliberately stepped on a rake before just to see it really would hit me in the forehead.

Ouch.

I burst out in a fit of giggles reading that. Wow. Once I jumped off a roof of a dugout holding an umbrella to see if it would do "the Mary Poppins thing." Turns out, it didn't. I also jumped off a table and deliberately landed on my ass because at the time I was into the Mario series and I wanted to do a "ground pound."

Let's just say both outcomes were painful and humiliating. I also no longer jump off random things for the hell of it, for the records.

As for my own options for the poll, I kick the pillows around like I'm Kung fu fighting or something. I have blue eyes and I've done pretty much all of the things in the third question. I'm kinda special. Especially for the ankle incident. How did I even DO that?

And so much cake, damn. I like to imagine AVEN members going up to doors and asking the residents if they've found cake.

My eyes are so dark that even with a flashlight, it's very hard to see my pupil. So I voted "black". My optometrist hates me, because it makes the whole pupil dilation thing so much harder for him, since he can't really see where my pupils are.

I sometimes joke that I don't even have irises. I just have voids that lead to an alternate dimension, embedded in my face.

no green eyes option! i picked "other."
i usually sleep with one or two or none, depending, but i do occasionally kick them around, so i chose that option. last weekend, i woke up with my second pillow on top of me with the cover taken off! weird. :/
and i've spaced out, choked on air, and fell up the stairs. yayyy. :P

Six pillows and a cushion on my bed.

And one single duvet.

And two kings size duvets.

And two spare sheets.

And yes I sleep under them all, and no it's not cold where I live. My bed's like a blanketfort, I love the weight.

Also, I totally space out in the middle of conversations.

I have three pillows, because I cant sleep unless I have my head under one.

WhenSummersGone

One and Blue. I've spaced out while talking to someone, fell up the stairs and sent the wrong person a particularly embarrassing message.

The last section cracked me up hah. The throwing-and-ricocheting option reminded me of a time when I used to paint graffiti years ago, a train was passing us as we were painting a wall and for giggles I threw a piece of gravel at it. The train-cars were ridged so the rock hit the side of a ridge, came directly back at us, and hit my friend on the ass hahah. He jumped and screamed, I had no idea that would happen! I thought he'd beat me up but he just laughed at how stupid it was.

As for pillows, yeah I also have a history of sleeping problems so I tend to kick my pillows around, pull my sheets off the bed, etc.

4 pillow. I couldn't sleep with any less xd

Squirrel Combat

I'm surprised most people here sleep with more than one pillow. In fact most people here (including me) sleep with two. But you know as they say, "Two's company."

But in turn, I'm the only one here who has heterochromia iridum.

ObsessedWithCats

I have central heterochromia almost exactly like the picture on that page, but it's not very noticeable unless you're looking deliberately into my eyes so I just go with blue. I actually thought that was normal until I saw the Wikipedia article O_o

Oh, I thought central heterochromia (didn't even know there was a word for it) was somewhat common. Not super common, but not entirely rare either.

Green eyes, you forgot green eyes! :P My eyes are definitely green. I tried calling them blue for as long as I could growing up, but they're definitely green. Sometimes darker green/kinda grey-blueish, sometimes a lighter green. But green. Anyway, enough about green XD Although... looking at my eyes in photos, they look more grey sorta :blink:

Eyes. I have eyes. Yup.

And I like the poll :)

ObsessedWithCats

It's not massively unusual, but I always thought it was the kind of thing perhaps ~25% of people had when in fact it's probably closer to 1% or 2%. The fact that it's not always obvious and isn't problematic (except where it's a result of disease but usually it's genetic) means no one's bothered to do a proper study of how common it is.

That'd be an interesting school science project (if I still went to school). Note to self - take more notice of peoples' eye colour. I love learning new things :)

Insomnia is a bitch! :( Random polls are awesome! :)

I sleep with two pillows. I can't remember chucking them off of the bed. I usually lie very still when I can't sleep. No tossing and turning. And I have memory foam pillows so they make it very difficult to be worthy of a good throw.

Blue.

Everything except the oreo's (they're not too easily to get a hold of in the U.K. :() embarrassing message (i don't do texts) and library book.

I thought everyone would have tripped on a banana skin ^_^

I sleep with 3 very flat pillows and one squishy one. I like them surrounding me.

I have blue eyes.

I have done everything but took out a library book and fail to return it and slip on a banana peel.

AnomalyEternal

I sleep with two pillows kind of awkwardly stacked on top of each other and sleep really badly otherwise. My eye colour... Erm. It changes. This is not a joke. I've seen other people with the same thing, but my eye colour depends on what I'm wearing. It fluctuates between grey, green, blue, heterochromic, brown, a mixtute of two and all of the above . Yeah, weird, I know.

Lastly, I have definitely spaced out while speaking to someone. Apparently I just stop talking half way through a sentence. I have also zoned out while being spoken to many times. I have choked on both air and my own saliva. And one time a tic-tac. I used to fall up the stairs all the time in my grandma's old house.

I sleep alone on a double bed (luxury). Two pillows I actually sleep on, and one I cuddle. Pillow cuddles are sometimes better than people cuddles, because I get to decide when, how, and how long.

Sometimes I do kick my pillows off my bed, along with the blanket, so I end up resting my head on my arms.

I sleep with one pillow, and I'm quite picky as to how thick the pillow is. Thinner is better, and honestly I can almost sleep without a pillow altogether so long as the mattress is decently comfortable.

I never know how to describe my eyes. They're a fair mix of green, blue, and grey with something alike to a golden explosion in the middle. And my right eye is always more green than my left, which is more blue.

I've choked on air, tripped up the stairs, and tripped over an animal on the stairs (thanks to the four cats currently in my household).

Waist of Thyme

I sleep with three pillows. The third one is just an extra.

I have blue eyes.

I've choked on air, and threw something that bounced back at me.

Archived