• Italian Region
    • Central Europe
    • Balkans
    • Eastern Europe/West Slavic
    • Eurasia/Eastern Slavic
    • Baltics
    • I'm not from Europe
    • Secret!
  2. 2. Where in Europe are you from according to the Factbook?

• Northern Europe.
    • Eastern Europe
    • Western Europe
    • Southern Europe
    • Southwestern Europe
    • Southeastern Europe
    • Central Europe
    • I'm no European!
    • It's still a secret!

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah so where in Europe are all us asexy and sexy avenites from?

Explenation of regions: British Isles (UK and Ireland), French Region (lol it's France :P and also landlocked nations like Monaco), BeNeLux (Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg), Central Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Hungary), Iberia (Spain and Portugal), Italian Region (well Italy >.< and nations like San Marino, Malta and Vatican City), the Nordic (Sweden, Denmark (and her realm), Finland and Norway (and her realm)), Baltics (Latvia, Estonia, Lithaunia), Balkans (Former Yugoslavia(south slavs) and Romania, Moldova(Romanians) and Greece), Eastern Europe/West Slavic (Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland) and Eurasia/East Slavic (Russia, Ukraine and Belarus).

I have tried to make it into cultural and historic regions rather than the four "normal" regions, i.e North Europe, West, South and East. So that is why I for example split western Europe into several regions, and Eastern Europe into the East Slavic, West Slavic (and also took Czech Republic here which might be considered central European), Baltics and Balkans.

Edit: I'll also add subregions according to the World Fact Book. In case some think that is better.

Red=Southwestern Europe. Bright blue = Western Europe. Beige-yellowish = Central Europe. Blue = Northern Europe. Green = Souterh Europe. Brown = South eastern Europe. Pinkish = Eastern Europe.

1360px-Europe_subregion_map_world_factbo

BeNeLux

Is it correct to write it like that? Should I edit the poll?

BeNeLux

Is it correct to write it like that? Should I edit the poll?

No. I do that I don't know why, maybe I learned in school like that to show that it are 3 seperate countries. But it's just Benelux, you're right ;)

Well looks cooler with highlighting the countries :lol:

Guest member25959

"Benelux" is kind of out-of-date since the formation of the EU, Czech Republic usually is considered to be Central Europe (probably due to the historical ties with various German Empires), but I'm not sure if Switzerland is considered to be Central Europe... weird way of categorizing Europe. Where is Malta?

Secret!

Yes I know that Czech Republic is considered to be a part of Central Europe (because of ERE/German Confederation/Habsbourgs) but they are also West Slavs and are in that way closer to Poland and Slovakia. Especially considering Slovakia and Czech Republic used to be one country.

And Benelux have nothing to do with EU. It is because of their common history and culture - then especially the Dutch and Flemish. Let it be during the Habsburg low countries, united provinces or United Kingdom of the Netherlands.

Malta would be in Italy Region.

And it is so many ways to catogorize Europe in. Some are only East and West. Others are 3-5 ways and many countries are in different regions in Europe depending on who made the regions. I chose to partition it into cultures and historical areas. As that is imo making a clearer picture of the different cultures on AVEN, than just making it into East and West would do.

Quintus Crinis

Monaco isn't landlocked - it's on the coast of France.

Although were do the channel islands sit in this quiz as not technically UK and closer to France?

Monaco isn't landlocked - it's on the coast of France.

Although were do the channel islands sit in this quiz as not technically UK and closer to France?

They're part of UK.

1 vote for the Balkans! ^_^

Everyone knows that the Moon is a part of the Norwegian Kingdom! So yes ;)

From the dark side of the Moon.

Central?

You're British Isles and Western Europe.

Central Europe, even though the map suggests otherwise. :P

The two definitions differ from eachother. Thats why it's two different polls :)

Balkan region ( thats were they put us, but that could be debated, cause our country is shaped like a banana, and gets in Central and South Europe), Southeast Europe from the black hole of the EU called Croatia.

Balkan region ( thats were they put us, but that could be debated, cause our country is shaped like a banana, and gets in Central and South Europe), Southeast Europe from the black hole of the EU called Croatia.

Balkan Penisula:

Balkan_topo_en.jpg

Also it is ex-Yugoslavian. Which was my main Criteria, to let it be in the Balkan Penisula and South Slavic :) But when I think of it Romania and Moldova should probally not be there <.< But again they are kinda a part of the Balkans.

From the dark side of the Moon.

I haven't seen any others here.. hmm

You have! You've seen me!

The country where I live is not the country where I'm from, although they have been lumped together in the poll.

Notte stellata

I'm not from Europe. I just want to say I read "Factbook" in the second question as "Facebook" at first, which confused me. :D

Let's make it a double! Another heartfelt greeting from the Baltics!

Archived