Makeup

eskazula

Do you wear makeup?   

1. 1. Do you wear makeup?

• A little, and I identify as feminine-of-center as far as gender goes.
    • A lot, and I identify as feminine-of-center as far as gender goes.
    • No, and I identify as feminine-of-center as far as gender goes.
    • A little, and I identify as masculine-of-center as far as gender goes.
    • A lot, and I identify as masculine-of-center as far as gender goes.
    • No, and I identify as masculine-of-center as far as gender goes.
    • A little, and I identify as completely gender neutral as far as gender goes.
    • A lot, and I identify as completely gender neutral as far as gender goes.
    • No, and I identify as completely gender neutral as far as gender goes.

This poll is closed to new votes

I just want to know how many people wear makeup, how much makeup they wear, and what their gender is!

EDIT: I'm talking about visual makeup, like coverup, foundation, eyeliner, lipstick, and hell, even lip balm counts here. Not colognes, perfumes, and body sprays.

I'm talking more about visual makeup. Not cologne/perfume/body spray here. I'll add that to the OP. Thanks for bringing that up.

WhenSummersGone

I wear a little bit and I'm more gender neutral these days.

littleheartsofjoy

I wear a little, but so far only tinted lip balms, and I identify as female.

LOL I have to answer this honestly: I can never be arsed. I roll out of bed and into work every day, I don't really take pride in my personal appearance (admittedly some of that is the depression talking). I literally can't be bothered to brush my hair in the morning, so I pull it back into a bobble (we're not even calling it a ponytail or bun at this point, just off my face), throw on some clothes and hoodie, wander to work.

The only time I wear makeup is if I'm going to an interview or work's having a christmas party. Then I will put on makeup. It's fun to see the shock on people's faces when I transform from scruffbag to pretty girl.

I usually don't wear makeup except for concealer, but like maybe 2-3 days out of the week I'll do fancy eye makeup and lipstick. I'm not all that into blush though.

So I voted that I'm female and wear a lot of makeup, because often enough, I do. And I tend to do unusual makeup (I have a thing for fun/dark-colored lipsticks. I'm wearing green and gold lipstick right now!)

None.

Well, I guess lip balm on occasion if I find it in my bag.

Female.

Oh do you count nail polish? When I have time I muck around with that, seeing as I have ridiculously long nails.

Every once in a blue moon I put it on. But I feel ridiculous in it. It does very little for my appearance or confidence, IMO.

If someone doesn't like the way I look without makeup, they are obviously not people with whom I want to associate, anyway.

For me, makeup isn't about looking better (except for covering up my acne scars). It's about accessorizing, really. But it's definitely not for everyone. Especially how I do my makeup lol.

No and I identify as female

sometimes I like guys who ware make up

i voted for "a little, and i identify as gender neutral." i wear mascara once a month, maybe (i have a couple of colored mascaras! :D ). i don't really consider myself as either feminine or gender neutral (or masculine); i mostly present as feminine, but my gender identity is closer to gender-neutral.

No make-up at all. I´m female.

KumatoraKazooie

I barely wear make up unless it's for a special occasion or I'm trying to hide acne. Other than that, I don't wear any.

I am female but don't (and won't) wear makeup.

Hazel lights

I wear make up most days that I go out. For me putting on make up is fun. I usually wear foundation, concealer, blush, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. I find it interesting how I'm able to play around with my appearance. I think that there shouldn't be a stigma against guys wearing make up. Like if a guy wants to wear foundation and bronzer he should be able to with out judgement, since I don't think those are inherently feminine make up products.

Can't vote because I don't understand what is this masculine concept nor I understand feminine concept.

I use nail-polish every once in a while...I haven't tried using facial makeup except for maybe two Halloweens...I'd be open to use a small bit of facial makeup.

So I voted "a little bit." And I'm gender-neutral.

• 2 weeks later...

No, because I prefer being natural. I also prefer other people being natural. Make-up looks too artificial, and doesn't make anyone look better, IMHO.

Neutral-gender

I voted for "a little, and I identify as masculine-of-center as far as gender goes." The only vote for it so far!

I used to be really uptight about makeup and wouldn't even go out without eyeliner and foundation, just because I was really insecure and it acted as a kind of barrier/security blanket for me. But these days, if I wear any at all, I wear just enough foundation to be unnoticeable and rarely ever any eyeliner. Some days I just feel like wearing eyeliner but generally I can't be bothered.

But I'm a firm believer in the idea that makeup should be gender-neutral, so. *shrugs*

None at all, and I identify as genderless (or gender neutral going by your poll). I'm physically female, btw.

I have a lot of allergies and sensitivities to synthetic chemicals, like the stuff found in makeup. That stuff irritates my eyes and skin and makes me feel crappy all day. Plus I hate having to work so hard on my appearance to just leave the house. I'm content with my face as it is. I see no reason to cover it up.

I wear a little on special occasions, but at the age of 21 I still have to watch youtube tutorials by high school girls before I even attempt it...

iamphoenixfire

I wear it for concerts and stage productions, but everyone wears some for that (except for guys in concerts which is just stupid imo). Also if i have time in the morning and i just feel like it for no reason then I will. But those vary from 3 times a week to once every two months.

I never wear makeup. It just feels too weird and I have no reason to wear it. Besides, I don't even know how to put makeup on. :P

Yup! I wear makeup and I love it. (I come from a lot of theater background, cosplay, art) for me makeup is like any other form of art, it is a visual representation of ow I feel. :) Some people have tattoos or nice clothes, or accessories, I wear makeup.

• 5 months later...

more masculine than neutral, and I wear no make-up

No makeup, unless you count a rare rash that needs covering up. The last time I really wore makeup was to go as Morticia to a Halloween party.

Archived