Having kids

Adogg

I would want kids, but have no idea how it's ever going to happen =/

AverageWeirdo

I deffo want kids; I would consider either adoption, surrogacy or actually having sex (shudders) so that I could have children. Problem is finding a partner (I'm hetero-romantic) who won't mind a no-sex relationship.

i plan on fostering or adopting children in the future- there are plenty out there and there's no point in further populating the earth but having kids a valuable and (arguably) unmissable experience imo

This is precisely how I feel - I'm glad you mentioned it, so I don't have to repeat myself here.

• 2 weeks later...

I really want kids, and I don't just want to adopt. I want to BE pregnant and HAVE my child. But I think I'd prefer to go the in vitro option, which may be necessary anyway as I'm biromantic and may find a woman to be my perfect match.

asexynerdygal

I did want children quite badly actually, there were medical issues and an ex husband with some mental health issues.. once we split I figured I could find someone else.. being asexual, but not knowing what it was at time I couldn't connect with someone like me that also wanted children ...

at 41, almost 42, I think it's to late for me but if one day I can find a partner I'd love to have step children or adopt or foster kids

there are a lot that don't want children, but there are a good contingent that do love and want kids

This thread has been moved from Asexual Q&A to Asexual Relationships.

Heart

Asexual Q&A Moderator

I have four children and they were conceived in the good old fashion way. I´ve always known that I want kids, and I always wanted four of them :)

I don´t like children very much though. I love my own, but other peoples kids I couldn´t care much less of. Babies and toddlers are cute, but the baby-time is very hard and it´s one of the reasons I don´t want any more kids. That and because it´s kind of heavy being pregnant and fully breastfeeding. I am breastfeeding our youngest toddler still though :)

asexynerdygal

I adore kids, but given my depression/anxiety issues and age having them .. probably not an option, or a good idea.. I would love to be in a relationship with someone with children or to just continue spoiling my friends munchkins rotten :D

BohoBookworm

I was always one of the staunch objectors when it came to children, but through trying my best to hide my true nature and create the impression of "normailty" i became pregnant twice. I still couldn't face the idea of childbirth so they were both brought into the world via C-Section but, now that i have my sons, and i have finally realised what i want (or don't want) in a relationship, i am so much happier. Sex has served its purpose and now i am done with it but it was worth it, to have my boys ....

Archived