Daily Telegraph article

reluctant

An article appeared in the Daily Telegraph in the UK the other day about asexuality, featuring a couple of people from Aven.

I don't know if it has been mentioned on here yet, the forum was possibly down at the time.

A very interesting read and more good exposure.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/9651265/The-moment-I-realised-I-was-asexual.html

• Like 1

I'm one (need three guesses which??? :D ) and although she refers to me as both romantic and aromantic, I think I said I'd considered myself as a 'romantic' I've come to realise that I'm closer to being aromatic. Other than that, she wrote pretty much what I said :) . She sent me an email Monday I think so I didn't have a chance to buy a copy.

I love the article, it was a great read!

However, I must have some sort of masochistic side or something cause I made the mistake of reading some of the comments. I should know by now never to do that. >:(

Tan, awesome interview :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: Great job you all!

Now, for the sake of getting it all, what's a turkey baster? :blink:

Oh I don't even think to read the comments anymore. My blood pressure doesn't deserve that :(

Tanwen is Anwen.

You would think so, but a quick perusal of Tanwen's profile tells you she is a grandparent and has been a member here for eight years,

whereas Anwen in the story is a twenty year old student. Well done to everyone on an interesting contribution though.

Did the journalist in question arrange this via the forum? If so was it done publicly or via PMs?

good article. thanks for posting. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Tanwen is Anwen.

You would think so, but a quick perusal of Tanwen's profile tells you she is a grandparent and has been a member here for eight years,

whereas Anwen in the story is a twenty year old student. Well done to everyone on an interesting contribution though.

Did the journalist in question arrange this via the forum? If so was it done publicly or via PMs?

R U SRS? I would have bet anything that Tanwen and Anwen were one and the same. Is Anwen a poster here? She seems like a lovely person.

Interesting article. As for the comments, well like many things on the internet, it proves yet again that angry words say more about the person making them than their target (and yes, I do it as well from time to time. Sorry.)

• 3 weeks later...
Sarcastic Bob
I love the article, it was a great read!

However, I must have some sort of masochistic side or something cause I made the mistake of reading some of the comments. I should know by now never to do that. > :(

Believe it or not these were actually some of the more intelligent comments. You should have seen the ones on the Sun.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, but that would mean actually committing the frankly heinous crime of reading the Sun *shudders*

I did think that this article was well presented, and I like the openness of it that lends an air of truth, makes it harder for people to doubt than when potentially awkward questions are hedged and inches around.

Thanks for posting!

Nicez article. Might show a family member as a reference when I need it.

Wow, I somehow missed this last month. This is the most even-handed, impartial article I've read so far. I'm impressed.

I've learnt my lesson too and did not read any of the scumbag comments.

Tan, I thought your bit was brilliant. Much :cake::cake::cake: for you is in order methinks.