New Tech Admin

Coleslaw

Hi all,

As some of you are aware, David and I have been on the hunt for a sysadmin for AVEN for the last year. We received a small handful of resumes and, after great thought and consideration, have decided to appoint Doppel to the position. Everyone, please give him a very warm welcome RIGHT NOW, because he's not allowed to party and eat cake long, as the server is melting down.

Hur hur... Just kidding. Mostly.

Effective immediately, Doppel will no longer be a moderator of AVEN. For those unfamiliar with the policy, the Technical Administrators are in no way affiliated with the Admod team. They are a team appointed by David Jay and myself, due to the fact that the tech team has the terrifying power to delete the entirety of the AVEN community with a single click. Because it is by-appointment only, allowing Technical Administrators to make decisions in Admod threads would go against the ideals of having AVEN elect and govern itself. Thus, in order for Doppel to serve as part of the tech team, he has been asked to step down from his position as a moderator here on AVEN to help the community in a new and much needed way. We hope you can all understand and support this decision.

In regards to he and I's positions:

Doppel will be handling everything related to the server. This includes, but is not limited to, crashes and errors when the site loads (or fails to load) and a lot of technical stuff behind the scenes. If you notice any issues with load times, dropped sessions, duplicated data, etc, talk to Doppel.

I will continue to handle the front-end stuff, or the "what-you-can-see" stuff. This includes the site's design, forum's skin, and any bugs that arise from the forum itself (like missing profile pictures and the like). I will also be in charge of any major updates to the forum's software and the implementation of new features, with the help of Doppel.

With split responsibilities, I think we can better work as a team and avoid having too many cooks in the kitchen. But, with split responsibilities, it's also hard to know who will handle what. When in doubt, send me an email (cole@asexuality.org) or snag Doppel here on the forums (and if he wants to give an email, he's more than welcome to). We'll be working closely together over the next few transitory months while he gets his feet about him.

So, again. Welcome, Doppel! :cake:

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

We got a men in black :ph34r: I like it!!

Welcome Dopp, please don't deleted me, I'm a virtual person if you do it I will no longer, I guess my parents will miss me :rolleyes: or... not XD

Hey everyone I don't know what to say really, I'm bit lost for words.

I'll try my best to make sure the server doesn't explode and will promise to not hit the red self destruct button, because that would be bad, very bad. I would just like to thank David and Cole for giving me this opportunity, I know they have placed an lot of trust in me in doing so and I'll not take that trust lightly.

Otherwise I'm very excited about this and look forward to working with Cole in trying to make sure things run smoothly as possible from a technical standpoint. If you need to get in contact with me you can do so through AVEN PM or send me an email at doppel@asexuality.org

Thanks everyone! ^_^

Uh... What do you mean by 'dropped sessions'?

And congrats, Doppel! :cake:

It's when you try to access AVEN and it hangs there for about a minute or two and then you get a session time out error.

Well, at least we can rest easy tonight in knowing that grenades can no longer harm AVEN. Doppel loves eating those grenades.

Best of luck, Doppel. I'll miss working with you as a mod. :cake:

Doppel, eh? ALL ABOARD THE SS MADNESS!!! (it's ok... murmur loves ya)

ssmadness.jpg

tumblr_lnh1p9n4QB1qdt0m6o1_400.jpg

"doppel at work" :unsure: (we'll be fine)

much cake for the good doctor cake_semiconductor_cross_section_application_engineer.jpg

Congrats, Doppel! :cake:

computer_cake_1.jpg

AVEN should continue to be running smoothly with you on board along with the awesomemost Coles. :wub:

*imagines our server*

server.jpg

Doppel, eh? ALL ABOARD THE SS MADNESS!!! (it's ok... murmur loves ya)

ssmadness.jpg

Aw. That's such an adorable kitty!!!

Winter Hill

AVEN should continue to be running smoothly with you on board along with the awesomemost Coles. :wub:

*imagines our server*

server.jpg

Hey, how did you get in our server cupboard at work to take a picture?

Yay! All the cake, padawan!

Don't push the button!

Push the button!

Don't push the button!

Push the Button!

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

Doppel, whatever you do, DO NOT press the red button.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Doppel, whatever you do, DO NOT press the red button.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

:D I liked it!! Now I want someone to press the button!! :twisted: I'm going to elaborate some plans to brainwash Doppel and make him to do it.

Congratulations, Doppel.

I am sure AVEN Admin have made a wise choice in selecting you to help take care of the 'back room techy' stuff of which the most of us 34,000-odd members are oblivious.

Happy teching!

Congratulations, Doppel, on your new color :cake: I believe it makes you look asexier.

Edit: does that mean we're gonna have mod elections now?

Yes, soon. Once we're finished with all the pre-elections shuffling (because sometimes we like to trade forums like they're trading cards. XD)

Congrats, Doppel! :cake: :cake: :cake:

What ever you do, do not press the red button!

Archived