Welcome our new moderators!

Kelly

For Celebration time and Alternate Language: Herr Joseph von Löthing

For Off-A: Tanzaria?!

For Philosophy, Politics and Science: Henny

For JFF: +CreepyHat

*awards cake*

Herr Joseph von Löthing

:D Thanks everyone for voting for me! :cake: for the other winners, and even more :cake: for those that didn't make it this time.

(Also, according to the internet it's 10:30AM EST ;))

My eastern time zone says 11:35AM. They are still using daylight savings time, so that time.

Congrats people (except Archy, I didn't vote for you :P )

If Joe hadn't won that election at the end, that would have destroyed the curvature of the earth.

huzzah!

other than that, i have only one thing to say, Joe, and i think you already know what it is:

make us proud, and show everyone it wasn't a popularity contest. we didn't vote for you because you're a Yada. we voted for you because we know you can do this, and because we believe you're the best person for the job. make a difference on our behalf.

that is all, my friend.

oh dear lord i just realized you'll now be moderating the P&S thread. have mercy on us, Joe. have mercy.

Herr Joseph von Löthing

My eastern time zone says 11:35AM. They are still using daylight savings time, so that time.

Oh, daylight savings, how I loathe you. Making our lives a misery for no reason...

huzzah!

other than that, i have only one thing to say, Joe, and i think you already know what it is:

make us proud, and show everyone it wasn't a popularity contest. we didn't vote for you because you're a Yada. we voted for you because we know you can do this, and because we believe you're the best person for the job. make a difference on our behalf.

that is all, my friend.

oh dear lord i just realized you'll now be moderating the P&S thread. have mercy on us, Joe. have mercy.

Uh oh... I have to read EVERYTHING you guys post now.

congrats everyone! :cake: do a good job and don't kill and maim each other play nice! :P

How many members actually participated in the voting process, if I may ask? After the trouble during the last weeks I wonder how many people even care who moderates what and how...

Herr Joseph von Löthing

The turnout was around 80 for the CT + AL election, as well as the off-A election. I can't remember the ones for the others, but they weren't much less.

Celebration Time and Alternative Language = Herr Joseph = majority 40 votes out of 83 in total

Off-A = Tanzaria?! = majority 27 votes out of 81 in total

Philosophy, Politics and Science = Henny = majority 27 votes out of 64 in total

JFF = +CreepyHat = majority 29 votes out of 69 in total (why, people, why…?! ;) :P )

The turnout was around 80 for the CT + AL election, as well as the off-A election. I can't remember the ones for the others, but they weren't much less.

Given the number of AVEN members that's not exactly a lot of interest, is it.

But how many ACTIVE members are there?

And I think comparative to previous elections, this one did rather well.

Congratulations to everyone! :cake: Those new green titles look very snazzy. -grins-

Ah, okay, I can't say much about previous elections. And I know that there aren't that many active members around. That's why some sort of statistics would be useful, who joined when, how many posts, when last active here and so on, but I think there was a discussion about that elsewhere coming to the conclusion that it can't be done or people don't really care, I can't remember. Anyway, congrats to all who won.

pawprint prettysure

If I remember correctly, usually the turnout is around 50 to 60 votes, so, this time we did pretty good.

* :cake: to everyone who voted*

Celebration Time and Alternative Language = Herr Joseph = majority 40 votes out of 83 in total

Off-A = Tanzaria?! = majority 27 votes out of 81 in total

Philosophy, Politics and Science = Henny = majority 27 votes out of 64 in total

JFF = +CreepyHat = majority 29 votes out of 69 in total (why, people, why…?! ;) :P )

People cannot deny how classy my plus sign is :P

Thanks guys, you're awesome. :3

*celebrates for the short time before class starts*

Congrats, you guys!!! ^___^ This was a really fun election.

Congratulations to all...mmmmmmmm...frrreshhhhh blood... :lol:

*And for the Borg Pengy...fresh brains!!!! :lol: *

Ah, okay, I can't say much about previous elections. And I know that there aren't that many active members around. That's why some sort of statistics would be useful, who joined when, how many posts, when last active here and so on, but I think there was a discussion about that elsewhere coming to the conclusion that it can't be done or people don't really care, I can't remember. Anyway, congrats to all who won.

If I remember correctly, usually the turnout is around 50 to 60 votes, so, this time we did pretty good.

* :cake: to everyone who voted*

Bitta both realy elec

in truth the membership numbers are false and thats borne out by the amount of regular posters..the old chestnut... we don't want to close unused accounts down as members may come back..even after 4 years!....is now proven even more invalid as they could quite easily come back and open a new one and with the ability to now change your name could return to that old name or something damm close..given the percentages of those gone and then returning...after years...prob so small it would be nice to have an honest member number than a good false pr one

paw is correct..a turn out for election voting of anything over 60 is massive by avens standards..irrelevant of our "official" numbers

new mods

firstly welcome and congrats

alledgedly you join us at the time when we see where we have been..taken what is good, review and change what is bad for the next ten years

learn from past mistakes, learn from the longer standing mods..they do have knowledge..a bit like my dad at 72 who has tonnes of driving experience, never had an acccident..caused thousands :lol:

they have a wealth of experience and some forget..they are human too so on occasion they get it wrong..respect and gel with them but never be to afraid to say hey...that aint right and I'm having none of it...it's not personal it's just I see it differently

with growth comes new problems and many that could not have been seen at the outset of aven..a unites (even if on some occasions with different personal opinions) a united backroom team must be the backbone of aven

lastly..enjoy..don't become strangers now that you are mods..interaction is vital..so well done all and good luck :cake:

Thank you everyone! I didn't expect so many votes for me. :)

new mods

firstly welcome and congrats

alledgedly you join us at the time when we see where we have been..taken what is good, review and change what is bad for the next ten years

learn from past mistakes, learn from the longer standing mods..they do have knowledge..a bit like my dad at 72 who has tonnes of driving experience, never had an acccident..caused thousands :lol:

they have a wealth of experience and some forget..they are human too so on occasion they get it wrong..respect and gel with them but never be to afraid to say hey...that aint right and I'm having none of it...it's not personal it's just I see it differently

with growth comes new problems and many that could not have been seen at the outset of aven..a unites (even if on some occasions with different personal opinions) a united backroom team must be the backbone of aven

lastly..enjoy..don't become strangers now that you are mods..interaction is vital..so well done all and good luck :cake:

th_smiley_salute.gif

Congrats! :cake:

I didn't vote because I'm a newbie, so I didn't want to vote for the wrong person kinda like being a freshman voting for homecoming.

Archived