Threat to mainstream culture?

The A Life Team

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think being different is a threat to mainstream culture?

• Of course not!
    • Not as such
    • Yes, and it's a bad thing because mainstream is mainstream for a reason
    • Yes, and that's a good thing
    • Other (please elaborate)

The A Life Team

After a while, we're taking a day off with another off topic show. We discuss about examples of Asexuality in literature and television, attacks on the Finnish Pride parade and other more or less asexuality-related tangents.

Please do add your thoughts about the subject, but I urge you to listen to the show first. It will considerably clarify the poll and give tons of thought-provoking entertainment. You can find the show here:

http://alifepodcast.wordpress.com/

Badger Power

It seems to me that being different helps to more clearly define the mainstream, which isn't exactly a threat, and isn't a good thing. The very definition of 'different' needs something to be defined against, and then things get sketchy and polar.

...If that made any sense.

The MoUsY spell-checker

Actual threat or not, some people will see difference as a threat. I think the mainstream is more of a threat to those who are different. By definition, the mainstream has safety in numbers. :P

By the way, thanks for reading my post in the other thread. For once, I don't have anything to pick on this time. xD

Yay for being interested in grammar! :D

Guest FrozenCherry

I cannot listen the show but I am sure I am extreamely dangerous for the society. Especially when I am home alone crying. Neighbours may hear it and called the police to demand urgent silence.

• 2 weeks later...
Ace of Swords

Of course, being different is a threat to mainstream society. That's good though, because mainstream is in need of being redefined.

Archived