Asexuality and Health

The A Life Team

Asexuality and Health  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you see a connection between your asexuality and your health?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (discuss?)
    • Other

The A Life Team

Hey guys,

We're back with another poll this week. Our topic for this episode was Asexuality and Health, where we discuss our sexuality and physical/mental health and whether the two are connected.

~The A Life Team

The MoUsY spell-checker

One thing I've noticed is that when people link asexuality to health, they often mean that ill health leads to a lack of sex drive rather than a lack of sexual attraction.

Also, plenty of sexual people have the same health issues that some people try to link to asexuality, while plenty of asexual people do not have the health issues.

Personally, as far as I know, I'm fairly healthy, and there isn't any specific aspect of my health that I can connect to asexuality at all.

No.

It's possible that my lack of desire to have people to pay attention to my body might mean I take slightly less care of it than I would otherwise, but I doubt the asexuality would be a major factor in my health.

Not physical health. Mental health maybe, as I have some anxiety issues. But that's it, really. My sex drive is not affected, just my feelings toward intercourse with other people and lack of that certain 'desire' when I like people and such.

Archived