Possible famous Asexuals

retrograde88

real people i think are asexual, though haven't officially said so.

MORRISSEY!

Michael Jackson (debatable)

James Buchanan

Fictional:

Dexter: at first in the first season it seemed really apparent that he was asexual, but in the next season when he sleeps with Lila, not so much and i couldn't relate to him anymore.

i couldn't think of very many. Damn

It has been speculated that Isaac Newton may have been asexual, but he might have been celibate instead. Because he lived so long ago, it's impossible to find out now.

MORRISSEY!

James Buchanan

Fictional:

Dexter: at first in the first season it seemed really apparent that he was asexual, but in the next season when he sleeps with Lila, not so much and i couldn't relate to him anymore.

There is already such a thread: http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?showtopic=6964

And on Michael Jackson...I've posted this on the other thread,too since I thought it was very intresting...but maybe not revealing enough ......These are parts of interview transcripts:

MJ:They want to go clubbing and afterwards they want to sit around and drink hard liquor and do marijuana and all kinds of crazy things that I wouldn't do.

MJ:I needed someone. That's probably why I had, uh, the mannequins, I would say. Because I felt I needed people, someone, and I didn't have, I was too shy to be around real people.

MJ:I've been an ambassador of goodwill all over the world, spreading this message, did we do heal the world, treaty of all nations, circling this huge globe? What I don't understand is just singing about sex and "I want to get in a hot tub with you baby and rub you all over" and, but I get battered in the press as the weirdo.

MJ:You know, at the time I was with Madonna, she was into books, all over, a whole collection--like a library of books of women who were tied to walls, different things. She said, "I love spanky books." Why would I want to see that?

-he considered dating his friend Elizabeth Taylor, but was worried the press would label them “The Odd Couple”.

MJ:I've never asked a girl out in my life, they have to ask me.

MJ:When I held Tatum's hand, I was, like, in heaven. It was the most magical thing. It was better than kissing her, it was better than anything.

MJ:I think sexy comes from the heart in the way you present yourself.

Do you get lonely? Or is there so much going on in your life that it does'nt really happen?

MJ:Like lonely for a wife? For like a mate? Like that?

SB: Yeah

MJ: I've been through two bad divorces. I just got out of the second one.. Even when married to those women that I was married to, I'd go to bed hurting. I was hurting. I was crying last night as I went to sleep and I did'nt sleep good last night and I cry Shmuley, because I feel this...and I'm not trying. I'm telling you the honest truth and if your don't believe me you can ask Frank. Frank knew how I was hurting. I just was feeling all the pain of the children who suffer and I was hurting so much. That's why I was trying to reach any child I knew who had pain from[Michael mention a lttle girl who was battling cancer and whose family he met at our home] to Gavin[Michael's later acuser]. I was trying to like calling, dialing and I woke up the first thing, the first person I called was the little girl's house and she had gone already. It hurts me. But I think that's where my real love comes from,Shmuley. If I can help in that way I'm fine and I don't need the other[romantic love].

MJ: I'm not easy to live with in that way for a wife. I not easy and I know I'm not easy.Because I give all my time to someone else. I give it to children. I give it to somebody sick somewhere, to the music.

What if you found a woman you was soft, who was incredibly soft?

MJ: Like a Mother Teresa or a Lady Diana or...That would be great. I would be perfect.

So of the women you've dated, the ones who were smart enough not to throw themselves at you, were they the ones that you were more interested in, the ones who were'nt always available and you had to chase them abit?

MJ: The ones who were classy and quiet and not into all the sex all the craziness because I am not into that.

They are the ones you are more interested in?

MJ: Aha. I don't understand a lot of things that go on in relationships and I don't know if I ever will. I think that is what has hurt me in my reltionships because I don't understand how people do some of the things they do.Mean things

MJ: Mean things and vulgar things with their bodies. I don't understand it and it has hurt my relationships.

So for you love is something very pure?

MJ: Very pure. It shocked me some of the things.

Have you ever found girls who like practical jokes that you like? Have you ever found a woman who collects comics?

MJ: It is a rarity. If I find one I will go nuts. Especially, if she has those qualities and is beautiful inside. It would be a home run for me. That's why guys hang out. Because they can do that.

In trying to preserve your childlike qualities in your life Michael, you have shied away form talking about overt sexuality. Like when Oprah asked yout about your sex life, you repsonded something to the effect, " that I'm a gentleman I don't talk about that." Do you feel that we should be more respectful of the sexual side of our lives? Has it all become to overt? I mean you're naturally shy about this.

MJ: Yeah, I'm just naturally, um cause I think that's...Private

MJ: Yeah, that's my personal opinion. Other people who are exhibitionist, you know naturists, who go out nude and they feel different about it. Um, I don't know, I'm different in that way.

We don't have to misuse our sexuality to increase ticket sales and record sales?

MJ: No, that's crazy, like some singers who put bulges in their pants, that's crazy. I don't understand that. That's like disgusting to me when they do stuff like that. That's embarrassing. I dont want nobody to even look at me down....like looking for that. That would just embarrass me so bad, oh God.

S Boteach: Have you ever found women who are a bit more modest to be more attractive for that reason?

MJ: Yeah. I don't like women who are always saying, "My nails need to be done. I have to do my toes. I need a manicure." I hate all that. I like it when girls are a little bit more tomboyish. IF they wrestle, climb a tree..... I love that. It is sexier to me. I like class, though. Class is everything.

• 2 months later...

Edgar Allan Poe.

Of course, this is impossible to prove, but with regards to his wife, Virginia Clemm, Wikipedia reports that

Some biographers have suggested that the … relationship was more like that between brother and sister than like husband and wife in that they may have never consummated their marriage.
. This could be because she was so young, or because they were cousins, but neither was ultra-uncommon in the 19th century. And how many times have we had cases where sexuals confuse asexual relationships with brother-sister associations?

The reason I do not think this is because Clemm was asexual is that there is also no hint of sex in his poems and short stories. Plenty of women (Ligea, Lenore, Ellenora, Morella, Bereniece, Annabel Lee, Eulalie – those are just some of the ones who have titles named after them. Then there are his love poems…) but no sex. Then again, many of those are thought to be based on Clemm, so that might explain it, but I can find no evidence of sexual relations with his other loves: Sarah Elmira Royster or Frances Sargent Osgood.

• 1 year later...

It may be just because he's quite shy, but i've always wondered whether David Mitchell was asexual or not?

never odd or even

Thread resurrection alert :excl:

Seriously, last reply was from almost exactly 2 years ago.

I've never understood why thread necromancy is a crime...

Guest member25959

I've never really applied a sexuality to a fictional character before, it just seems completely illogical, especially if it's done to create an idol of sorts. I'm not sure how that works, do you then discuss this with friends/family, whenever the show/book comes into topic? ''Yea X character is asexual see, they're clearly not interested in sex''. Seem that's what I don't like about it, because a lot of asexuals are interested in sex.

To assume that, say, Sherlock is asexual because he never shows an interest in sex is one thing, to get all upset when he gets ''all sexual'' around a female character (yes I'm referring to that recent episode) is completely illogical. Despite the fact that he may not even be asexual, we seem to be forgetting that a lot of asexuals do partake in sexual activities.

This applies to any ''asexual idol''. I will not see them as an idol until the word ''asexual is used in the proper sense by them, I will not believe they are asexual until they describe themselves as not experiencing sexual attraction.

My rant is now over.

EDIT: Also, 2009? 2009!?!

Thread resurrection alert :excl:

Seriously, last reply was from almost exactly 2 years ago.

I've never understood why thread necromancy is a crime...

It's not so much a crime as it is silly for a few reasons.

Threads like this aren't so much of a bother.

But for threads where a specific question is asked, or a problem is shared, or a poll is conducted, half the time the original OP has left and no longer cares what anyone has to say, and the other half there are already five other similar threads.

In fact, asexual famous people/characters is in my top five of subjects that keep being brought up, along with "Masturbation" and "How much is that Kitty in the Window?".

In fact, this is my face right now:

fry.PNG

I am leaving this thread open, but I hope you all see that face in your sleep tonight.

Sweet dreams :wub:

ALL of us???

Don't worry, you're on the Nice List. Your dreams are safe. Your dreams will have this:

tumblr_liuumuiPvL1qg88guo1_400.gif

MORRISSEY!

James Buchanan

Fictional:

Dexter Morgan had a profound influence on my life.And No that doesn't mean I go around covering people in plastic wrap,donning a sharpened knife and avenging all Asexuals who have had moronic replies to their beliefs.

His best quote from season one,and one which got me thinking,was:

"I find people around me are all making some kind of a connection,like friendship or............................romance(dread in his voice)But human bonds lead to messy complications:commitment,sharing,driving people to the airport.Love"

MORRISSEY!

James Buchanan

Fictional:

Dexter Morgan had a profound influence on my life.And No that doesn't mean I go around covering people in plastic wrap,donning a sharpened knife and avenging all Asexuals who have had moronic replies to their beliefs.

"I find people around me are all making some kind of a connection,like friendship or............................romance(dread in his voice)But human bonds lead to messy complications:commitment,sharing,driving people to the airport.Love"

I would have agreed that Dexter was asexual up until I read Dexter and Psychology. To me he fits the sexual sadist profile because he derives arousal from violence. One obvious example of this is when he starts touching Rita while discussing the ice truck killer.

Oh and Bradford Cox is asexual.

ALL of us???

Don't worry, you're on the Nice List. Your dreams are safe. Your dreams will have this:

tumblr_liuumuiPvL1qg88guo1_400.gif

Apparently so, as I didn't see that face in my dreams. However, I didn't see that pic in my dreams either. *Shrugs*.

It may be just because he's quite shy, but i've always wondered whether David Mitchell was asexual or not?

I've thought that too.

MORRISSEY!

James Buchanan

Fictional:

I would have agreed that Dexter was asexual up until I read Dexter and Psychology. To me he fits the sexual sadist profile because he derives arousal from violence.

So? Asexuals can be sexually aroused by certain situations & activity but there is just no sexual response to any individual. There are plenty of ace fetishists around here.

I kind of like to think Jhonen Vasquez is asexual. Maybe he isn't, it's hard to tell with how private he is about his personal life, but he definitely sounds like he'd be A-friendly at the least when you look at his work. Heck, at least one of his characters is definitely asexual (JtHM's issue #4, couldn't be any more clear if he actually used the word).

He also has a black cat, loves the color purple & is a fan of Tintin. I know that means nothing, really, but...>.>

MORRISSEY!

James Buchanan

Fictional:

I would have agreed that Dexter was asexual up until I read Dexter and Psychology. To me he fits the sexual sadist profile because he derives arousal from violence.

So? Asexuals can be sexually aroused by certain situations & activity but there is just no sexual response to any individual. There are plenty of ace fetishists around here.

I kind of like to think Jhonen Vasquez is asexual. Maybe he isn't, it's hard to tell with how private he is about his personal life, but he definitely sounds like he'd be A-friendly at the least when you look at his work. Heck, at least one of his characters is definitely asexual (JtHM's issue #4, couldn't be any more clear if he actually used the word).

He also has a black cat, loves the color purple & is a fan of Tintin. I know that means nothing, really, but...>.>

You are correct. I wasn't thinking about it.

Janus the Fox

The famous Welsh singer Sir Cliff Richard, possibly asexual, a quote from wiki stands out though...

Richard declines discussion about any intimate relationships and when asked about suggestions that he may be homosexual has stated categorically that he is not. More recently he has said: "what business is it of anyone else's what any of us are as individuals? I don’t think my fans would care either way

Archived