Project Team Re-elections!

AntiBubble

It's that time again, and the Project Team (PT) mods are up for re-election, meaning that the existing PT Mods will run alongside anyone who fancies joining the team :)

The Project Team are in charge of the Education and Visibility side of AVEN, meaning they organise projects in these areas and help other AVENites do the same. There's a huge range of things to get involved with, from copy-editing presentations and sorting the Wiki out, to helping people organise stalls at various Pride events and raising awareness in lots of other ways! The PT mission statement can be found here, and any other questions can be directed to the current PT mods, who are:

Hallucigenia

Spiralling Snowy

Me

GoAllyGoGo

The number of PT mods we'll end up with this time depends on how many people run, as the PT is currently smaller than it was originally intended to be, and I won't be running for re-election for personal reasons, so there's plenty of room for new members this year!

Current PT mods and new faces wishing to run should throw an object of their choice (turnips preferred, but not essential) into the ring to be entered into the elections, which will be held in two weeks' time, when this nominations thread will close.

Well, what are you waiting for? Get throwin'! :P

I'll throw my tuning fork into the ring.

[it sings brightly with a perfect A as it hits the ground]

SpirallingSnowy

I'm running again!!

*throws soft toy dalmatian into the ring*

Yay! :cake:

Good luck to everyone running!

Well, except this 'me' person, not one post and they haven't logged in since 2004!? I'm just not feeling the community support here, I'm not voting for me! Erm, umm, hey wait... :blink: ... :lol:

Well, except this 'me' person, not one post and they haven't logged in since 2004!? I'm just not feeling the community support here, I'm not voting for me! Erm, umm, hey wait... :blink: ... :lol:

There's always one... :rolleyes:

There's always one... :rolleyes:

You better believe it! Ahahaha! ;)

I'm going for it again. My first project attempt may have been an epic fail, but I want to give it another go. I have some good ideas, and maybe with some more fresh faces and hopefully a larger team great things can happen and we can actually be a team. *has hope*

I'll nominate myself. *Throws muffin into the ring*. I've done a lot of visibility stuff: San Francisco meetups, working on the pamphlets, organizing us for the SF pride parade. I'm passionate about getting AVEN and asexuality into the "real world" and would like to try to come up with ways to encourage/enable more people to do this in their communities.

Okay, I don't know if I'm supposed to sell myself here or not, so I'll stop now. ;)

That's a good point actually Ily - shall I open up a Q+A thread for nominees when voting starts? What do people think?

Yay! New PT members (and veterans, too!).

Make AVEN proud and let the world know that asexy peeps are awesome.

*looks forward to the new team and returning team members*

*awaits election*

*awaits new projects*

KayleeSaeihr

I'll put my hand up :)

I hate to be a sour apple here, but...

The PT was always meant to be five members large. In the first election, there was a tie for fifth, so we made six positions. We decided last year to keep it back down at five. If we have five active, dedicated PT mods, then we really shouldn't need to create more positions. It was supposed to be five and I think it should stay at five. I'd rather see five dedicated members, voted in democratically, than ten members who don't stay active or dedicated and are basically just given positions on the team. I'd also like to see some campaigning... What do people want to bring to the PT? How do they want to create visibility and educate?

I hate to make it seem like this is such a big deal when, really, it's a position on an internet forum, but I do feel strongly about this. Why should there even be a position if people aren't making a commitment to it? Why not just have an un-moded forum where anyone can just come in and do whatever? If people are going to run for a position, they should be wanting and willing to put in some effort to it.

It's just my two cents on the matter. Sorry, again, to be such a joy kill, but I hate to see the PT consistently neglected by some of its mods and stagnating.

Coleslaw, I completely agree.

I don't think anyone should nominate themselves unless they are prepared to make a commitment.

And as for campaigning; I think it is a very good idea: AntiBubble is planning to put up a Q+A thread when voting begins (in two weeks from now).

I'm going for it again. My first project attempt may have been an epic fail, but I want to give it another go. I have some good ideas, and maybe with some more fresh faces and hopefully a larger team great things can happen and we can actually be a team. *has hope*

Who are you calling "fresh"?

*nonchalantly removes spanking hand from your behind*

EDIT: *throws zippy puppet into ring of fire, but not because I want to run*

(laughs and laughs--oh noes, what are you going to do, Fosco??)

. . .but there are sounds

After some deliberation, I have decided to make a go at this. I have several things I would like to do, though most of them are rather long term and require resources I don't have immediate access to. However, this might give me the chance to lay a foundation for my plans, and create the network that I am going to need to eventually launch them.

Here is hoping.

*tosses a hypercube into the ring*

Hallucigenia

On the topic of what Coleslaw was saying,

I will not be running for re-election to the Project Team this year.

AVEN is a wonderful place that was very important to me for a long time, but the joy has gone out of it for me. I'm not able to pull my weight anymore and I need to put my energy other places.

If anybody on the new team wants to take over production of AVENues, I'll happily show you the ropes and give you as much instruction and advice as you ask for, as well as handing over all the unpublished submissions; most of the process isn't nearly as hard as it looks. If nobody wants or is able to do this, we'll let it die a peaceful death. There are other asexual blogs, zines, and online publications out there now, which is a development I'm thrilled to have seen, so it's up to you guys whether you feel having an AVEN newsletter is still an important function.

Aw, Hallu. I'm sorry to see you go. I think a lot of people here appreciate the time and energy you've put into the PT and the projects you've taken on.

AkiraCoinTykiGotBetaMuffin

Mm I would say AVENues is still an important function indeed, it would be a shame to let it die.

Other than this after a LOT of consideration(which was very warranted), though seeing whos running I doubt it will make a difference, I will throw a turnip in the circle, simply due to I love AVEN and would really love to be part of this, plus I spend enough time trying to educate people on asexuality as it is I might as well try do it with others XP.

Aw, Hallu. I'm sorry to see you go. I think a lot of people here appreciate the time and energy you've put into the PT and the projects you've taken on.

We definitely do! I hope you'll stick around as a voice of wisdom.

Absolutely!

I third this. Hallu, you've done so much, I'll be sad to see you go! Please do continue to hang around AVEN, at least a bit? Your presense and opinions are always warm, insightful, and welcome to me.

I do hope that someone can continue AVENues. It really is a nice thing for AVEN to have around.

Even if I don't get re-elected, I'd like to kind of see a Podcast run by the PT. I think it's something we're missing around here.

AkiraCoinTykiGotBetaMuffin
Even if I don't get re-elected, I'd like to kind of see a Podcast run by the PT. I think it's something we're missing around here.

Mm but don't we have the Alife podcast by Henrik and Rebecca, surely you could just work with them.

SpirallingSnowy
I hate to be a sour apple here, but...

The PT was always meant to be five members large. In the first election, there was a tie for fifth, so we made six positions. We decided last year to keep it back down at five. If we have five active, dedicated PT mods, then we really shouldn't need to create more positions. It was supposed to be five and I think it should stay at five. I'd rather see five dedicated members, voted in democratically, than ten members who don't stay active or dedicated and are basically just given positions on the team. I'd also like to see some campaigning... What do people want to bring to the PT? How do they want to create visibility and educate?

Not to be a pain, but originally we had close to 11 members. Back when Hexpiral, Jesh, Nugan and other were part of PT, the very first PT had that many. Also, general members of AVEN were not able to start threads in the original PT before it was merged with Vis Ed and PT made just mods of the forum. I was elected in - with 4 others - to replace people in dec 2006:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?showtopic=20602

I did some researching ( cos i was sure we had more originally....)

http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?showtopic=18454

Discussion of replacing missing members - mentioning of why 11 was chosen.

Discussion started by DJ about bringing numbers down to 9 :

http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?showtopic=19562

List of members:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?showtopic=17324

Here is the election that Cole is referring to:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?showtopic=24990

Now, this all said, I think it was a good idea the numbers were reduced because of the amount of people who found they didnt have time for PT.

But i think perhaps more than 5 if people are interested and we have plenty of nominees but again, perhaps aven should decide as it is their Project Team. I think more than 5 could show more Vis Ed ideas and projects coming to fruition, but its not up to me.

Archived