Podcast Topics

The A Life Team

Which topics interest you?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which topics would you be interested in hearing about on an asexuality podcast?

• Topics about asexuality and relationships
    • Topics about asexuality and other minority groups
    • Topics about asexual visibility
    • Other topics (tell us what you suggest!)

The A Life Team

We've begun a podcast by asexuals about asexuality and we're looking for input!

We want to know what kinds of topics you'd be interested in hearing us talk about on our shows. You can pick any of the above choices, and you can also comment with specific ideas for shows you'd like to see us do in the future.

We're also looking for more people interested in participating in the podcast either by writing in and having their work read, by joining us in our Skype chats when we tape the shows, or in any other way you'd like to contribute.

You can access the podcast at A Life Podcast, which will have the pilot episode for you to listen to as well as our contact information. You can also send us a PM here on AVEN.

Thanks for your input, and we hope you enjoy the show!

Is there an address, or whatever they're called, that I can put into my podcast program?

The MoUsY spell-checker

Henrik, I don't think your accent is heavy. Your speech is easy to understand, and I like your voice.

I suggest not having a jingle. I prefer podcasts to be less produced. I just want to hear the content. (I download more podcasts than I have time to listen to, so maybe that's why. xD)

The Evil Cashew

AWesome job guys!!!

Henrik.. your voice is like PERFECT for radio XD

Good job guys. I am not sure what topics would be good or not. i am not very savey in the podcasting

Maybe invite a discussion with Dj? about what. not srue. but i am sure he would like to be on your show. though he does do his own podcasts sometimes.

i dunno. throwing that out there randomly.

Anyways good job. I spose i will hear you after your hiatus ;)

Cash

Hey guys!

Henrik, your speech is perfectly clear! I agree that your voice is great for this medium.

The only thing was the sound -- I found that rattling noise (was it the microphone?) terribly distracting. Also Rebecca's voice was kind of quiet compared to Hendrik's; maybe some equalizing can go on?

As far as topics, I'm okay with any of the ones you posted in the poll. However, personally, I'd love to hear a discussion on how asexuality relates to other minority groups. I'm also interested in how asexuals relate to the LGBT(etc) and genderqueer communities, and perhaps something related on mental health on the state among "professionals" and how asexuals come into their own.

Good luck guys! I look forward to what you guys put out after the hiatus.

NeitherSparky

I have a suggestion for a topic...being asexual and maintaining friendships with sexuals. When I was younger and I was not "expected" to be sexually active, I had tons of friends. But as I got into my 30's I completely lost my ability to make friends (off-line, anyways). I have been told that people can tell I am uncomfortable discussing intimacy (because women always want to talk about this with their gal-pals it seems), which turns people off from wanting to be friends. :/ I hope I'm not the only person here with that problem, lol...

Gotanks0407
I have a suggestion for a topic...being asexual and maintaining friendships with sexuals. When I was younger and I was not "expected" to be sexually active, I had tons of friends. But as I got into my 30's I completely lost my ability to make friends (off-line, anyways). I have been told that people can tell I am uncomfortable discussing intimacy (because women always want to talk about this with their gal-pals it seems), which turns people off from wanting to be friends. :/ I hope I'm not the only person here with that problem, lol...

i have this problem greatly and im only 21 >.<

pawprint prettysure

I think Cash's idea about discussion with Dj is awesome. That would be cool.

I'd also be interested in participating in the show, either as regular or guest, that's up to you guys :)

Also, Henrik, you're accent is not that bad :P

I also found the rattling sounds annoying, but that's hopefully going to be fixed in the later shows?

That was an interesting!!!!!

Here's to the new podcast!!!! :cake::cake::cake:

I'll agree with the above posters that Henrik has a great voice for a radio.

I think that the topics you are proposing for a start would be very interesting.

Good luck!!!

that_american_kid
The only thing was the sound -- I found that rattling noise (was it the microphone?) terribly distracting. Also Rebecca's voice was kind of quiet compared to Hendrik's; maybe some equalizing can go on?
I also found the rattling sounds annoying, but that's hopefully going to be fixed in the later shows?

Darn! I was afraid of that. I'll work on it for next time. Part of the problem is that Henrik's got professional grade equipment, I believe, while I've got a 20 dollar mic. I think we actually made fun of that during the show. Anyway, part of the problem may just be me fidgeting. I was kind of nervous...

I like the podcast......

You could include music or something like this....jingles but I'm sure you are already planing to do that.

Well, ......an intresting topic would be about the scientific researches being made but this could be pretty difficult.

Another one I find intresting is a topic about the relations between other minority groups.

What else?....Visibility, being asexual....maybe childhood,growing-up?

Maybe visibilty all over the world, e.g. there is much more visibility in the States but how about other countries?

I don't know...there's much that can be done.

Keep the work!

annwyl_cariad

I'm going to echo everyone else here and say that Henrik, your voice is wonderful! Also I did pick up the irony in what you said, it meshes really well with my own sense of humor, and I found it quite funny! I didn't find the rattling too distracting, probably because I talk to people on Skype enough on cheap mics that I'm used to it.

I might be interested in participating sometime if I ever have something worthwhile to say, haha.

I'd be interested in pretty much any of the subjects that have been suggested (the one about relating to the LGBT/queer community sounds particularly good!), and I also like the ideas mentioned in the 'cast about having a go at the sexperts and asexuality in school. Mainly, I'm just thrilled to hear actual voices talking about asexuality out loud. Doesn't happen to me too often when the voice isn't my own, haha.

Great first show! Looking forward to hearing more after the hiatus!

• 2 weeks later...
chipmunkgirl

The first podcast was pretty entertaining! Can't wait to hear it when you've got the jingles and things in there.

One topic I think would be really interesting is asexuality in animals. I know you touched on it a bit, but I think that's really fascinating and it would be an interesting topic for a podcast!

Archived