Happy Asexuality Day

Stitch

Isn't the 29th of May the unofficial but kinda official asexuality day?

If so, Happy Asexuality Day for tomorrow fellow AVENites! :cake::cake::cake::cake:

29 May is AVEN's anniversary. Yay! :cake:

Perhaps we can make that Asexuality Day, too. 8)

:)

Starscream

It is? Cool! :D It's also your AVEN anniversary day too! :P

:cake: :cake: :cake:

*throws confetti*

if it's a cause celebre where cake is available, i'm all for it

:)

Guest Heligan
Isn't the 29th of May the unofficial but kinda official asexuality day?

If so, Happy Asexuality Day for tomorrow fellow AVENites! :cake::cake::cake::cake:

Excellent excuse for tons of CAKE. :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

CrochetFool

Hrm...my niece, who has a boyfriend but seems to have little to no interest in sex, graduates from high school tomorrow. Lots to celebrate! :cake: for everyone!

Tetraploid

Hmm. I managed to mention, in a fairly off-hand way, that today was 'Asexuality Day' to a couple of friends, and received the immediate response from one: "Urgh, those people disgust me!"

Obviously, he didn't know I identified as asexual (he does now) but still, I was shocked that anyone could actually be disgusted by asexuality. Confused by it, yes, maybe pitying of us poor people who are apparently missing out on such a critical human experience, perhaps even disbelieving, but disgusted?

So much for my attempts at raising awareness xD I guess I'll have to buy an AVEN t-shirt and sit next to him in the bar until he gets over his irrational hatred of people who don't want sex.

Gah - I missed it - just one hour and 15 minutes to do something suitably ace..........

Well, sat indoors on a Friday night watching Telly is probably a good start :D

Hmm. I managed to mention, in a fairly off-hand way, that today was 'Asexuality Day' to a couple of friends, and received the immediate response from one: "Urgh, those people disgust me!"

I would have been intrigued by this to ask why.......how on Earth can we disgust people?!?

Is it our insatiable love of cake? :blink:

Tetraploid
Is it our insatiable love of cake?

Quite possibly. I spent most of the first half of this term trying to give him cake, despite his protestations. I can't help it! Giving people food is something I do. Other people, they meet and maybe shake hands, exchange names. I give food. But this guy has some strange aversion to eating food offered by other people, which is a bit of a problem...

Well, sat indoors on a Friday night watching Telly is probably a good start :D

That's actually my absolute favourite friday night plan... except for maybe internet surfing/blogging... :P

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. I was too busy with having a birthday! :D

Do we get a day off from work then?

Archived