Project Team Re-Elections

Hallucigenia

Hallucigenia

In this thread:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?sho...;hl=re-election

We decided to hold PT re-elections once a year, in July.

It is currently July.

Please throw a turnip into the ring if you are a PT mod who would like to be a PT mod for another year, or if you are a non-PT mod who would like to become a PT mod this year. Or post here if you have any questions. I guess we can leave this open for two weeks, since that seems to be what we did last time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

SpirallingSnowy

Would like to stay as Mod :)

So. Originally we had the project team be for five people, but due to a tie, we arbitrarily made it six. Should it go back to five? I don't know if we need six people.

Ideally, I'd like to stay involved with the PT, but I'm all for fresh blood and fresh ideas here. If we have some new people wishing to get involved, I'll gladly give up my spot to them.

Hallucigenia
So. Originally we had the project team be for five people, but due to a tie, we arbitrarily made it six. Should it go back to five? I don't know if we need six people.

Ideally, I'd like to stay involved with the PT, but I'm all for fresh blood and fresh ideas here. If we have some new people wishing to get involved, I'll gladly give up my spot to them.

Please don't give up your spot just for the sake of new people! You are doing lots of good work as our Tech Admin. If there are new people wishing to get involved, we should have an election with both the new people AND the old people, and let the people of AVEN decide who bows out.

(With the exception of people who actually WANT to bow out; one of the many reasons I keep coming back to the topic of re-elections is that it gives such people a graceful and non-disruptive way to leave the race, as opposed to just throwing up their hands and resigning one day, as many PT people did in the Olden Days.)

Haha, I see "tech admin" as a thing separate of the PT. I've been helping with tech stuff since the end of January, 2007, long before the PT was up and running again. I don't intend stop helping out in that regard, unless I can't be of use for it anymore.

Only reason I'd prefer to see some fresh blood in here is that, honestly, all the ideas I had about what I could bring to the PT have been finished. Pamphlets, forum conversion, a guide to asexuality for the college student (Which I have yet to post... I'll post it up once I feel like it's been (over)edited to death), a few miscellaneous campus visibility stints here... I'm fresh out of fresh stuff to bring here, and if someone else has those ideas and the drive to get them done and out there, they deserve the platform and the support afforded to them here.

Oh, plus. Time. I have taken on a lot for next year, and I really don't know how involved I will be here in AVEN-based projects. I have a semi-selfish personal agenda to push... So I don't know how many new projects I'll be able to help out with/start up here. I might be completely useless. So IF there are some active, interested, enthusiastic people out there looking for a spot, I'd wager a good bet that they'd do better in this position than I might be able to.

Hallucigenia

Thanks for the explanation, Cole. You gave me a heart attack trying to figure out what we would do without a Tech Admin. :lol: Good to know you're still staying on in that capacity, at least.

You gave me a heart attack trying to figure out what we would do without a Tech Admin.

Why, you'd have to learn HTML, PHP, and all the inner workings of the web server and IPB 2.3 in a mere month. And, by the way, we have some new modules to install. Chop chop, love. :twisted:

EDIT: Oh, and, should we shoot for 5 or 6 members? Right now we have you, Snowy, and myself as potential candidates. We either need two or three more turnips... Or tons!

Hallucigenia

I'm thinking 5 members, although the more potential candidates there are to choose from, the better.

And I haven't decided if I'm going to run for re-election yet.

Mmph. I'd love to help the PT out, but I'm not exactly overflowing with ideas for projects and such [as in, I have none].

Hallu, will you stay on as AVENes editor in chief and the Wikimaster? If we're going to be perfectly honest here, I think I'm having a bigger heart attack over the prospect of having to find someone to do those things as well as you do them...

And, Jaybird, awesome! Interest is a good place to start? Plus, technically our role is as facilitators, so as long as you can help out with projects when they come up (If they come up... :mellow: ) then you're perfectly qualified to give 'er a go!

Hallucigenia

As I said, I haven't decided if I am running for re-election or not. I have had thoughts of doing it and thoughts of not doing it. I like AVEN and for the most part I like helping out at AVEN, but I'm just honestly not sure how much I can do in the coming year. I already feel like I'm dropping the ball on my duties half the time, and in coming months I'm almost certainly going to be undergoing a change in psychiatric medication and I just have NO idea what's going to happen to my brain and I don't want AVEN's major projects to suffer from that.

If I did not run for re-election, there is a good chance I might come back and run again in a future year. But I'd rather bow out gracefully in accordance with the rules for a while than bite off more than I can chew and collapse dramatically.

If I did stay on, I would almost certainly be offloading one or two of my projects onto other willing PT members. I would probably keep AVENues and offload the other two. Either way, I am totally willing to provide my successors with whatever training they require. (Being the Wikimaster is simple - you just go in every day and look at the Recent Changes page and ban/delete stuff that doesn't belong. Pretty much any other task involving the Wiki can be done by any member, and if I was no longer the Wikimaster I would still check in to the Wiki from time to time when I had a good idea (like the "Asexual Sites" page that I made recently). The AVEN Digest isn't as hard as it looks, either, though it's a little time-consuming, especially now that we're trying to assimilate news from all over the Internet.)

So that's the answer to people like Jaybird. Come on in and we'll give you a leftover project! :twisted: (plus, what Coleslaw said about facilitating. Facilitating is good.)

Well, hmm, I'd be more than willing [and I hope qualified] to take over wiki duties. :)

I was waiting to see what my school year would look like before I tossed my turnip in, but I now know that I should have the time to help out.....

'Cept I remember reading somewhere that Mods should not be PT Mods as well, so....can I help in an 'unofficial' capacity? :P

*tosses in 'unofficial, pseudo-turnip'?*

Hallucigenia
I was waiting to see what my school year would look like before I tossed my turnip in, but I now know that I should have the time to help out.....

'Cept I remember reading somewhere that Mods should not be PT Mods as well, so....can I help in an 'unofficial' capacity? :P

That's an old rule that is no longer in effect (witness KBRD and SpirallingSnowy's presence on both teams).

I've thought it over and decided to throw my hat in the ring. Consider me nominated.

Hallu, even if you weren't on the PT, and if you still didn't mind continuing with your projects (or some of them), I think you could still go on doing what you're doing. I mean, there's no reason why a person who's not on the PT can't work on projects like these, if we've come to trust them, right?

Hallucigenia

That's right, actually. For example I'm pretty sure we appointed a static content person who wasn't on the Project Team.

However, I'm not sure what's the value of avoiding being on the Project Team if I'm doing the same projects (or lack thereof) either way.

So yeah.

After thinking about it more (not just what ghosts wrote, I was going to post this anyway) - I've made up my mind. I'm in. At least, if the AVEN public still wants me and all.

*throws a turnip into the ring*

That's an old rule that is no longer in effect (witness KBRD and SpirallingSnowy's presence on both teams).

AHEM :P

I'll go for re-election, as long as people understand I'll be much as I have been this year - mostly working on longterm stuff behind the scenes and not necessarily being very visible. Either that or I'm happy to stand down and continue to look after the AVEN survey as a non-PT mod.

Hallucigenia

I was thinking so too.

I put this in the Digest again, but promotions are not my strong point. Is there anything else I/we/someone should be doing to make people more aware?

Perhaps make a general announcement. We do that for any other electable position on AVEN...

SpirallingSnowy

how many people have we got who want to do this so far??

Official Turnip list:

Hallugencia

jaybird721

Lehcar

Shockwave

AntiBubble

So... Anyone else?

*Awaits turnips*

*Throws carrot*

Alright so I don't have a turnip. <_<

What I do have is some ideas for the site and various means to raise awareness (close involvement with the UKs national LGBT consortium and all of its groups).

I'm also working on a new wiki skin (and this one's going to work too!) but that's a freebie just 'cuz I'm nice. ^_^

So... who's not running for re-election?

SS, are you? Keith? M51?

I don't know if I am yet. I'd rather see new people in here than run and not bring anything new to the table.

And, so now, we have the Offical Carrot list, consisting of: live wire.

Any more turnips/carrots/rooted vegetables?

SpirallingSnowy

I was the first to reply saying i wanted to stay on! * points up*

Sorry, dont have turnips handy....

* throws in a sweet potato ( Kumera) for variety*

definately want to stay on .... dunno how people missed that :S

Archived