Self-discovery =)

LaLunaVerde

LaLunaVerde

Hello lovely asexies.

I have been away for a couple of months, doing some...self-searching, self-exploring, etc, etc. And I have realized something: those people who told me "you're just a repressed lesbian" were really quite right. Growing up in a crazy right-wing evangelical Christian family made even thinking that I might like women out of the question. Of course, I was quite repulsed by the idea of being with a man, although as long as there was no sex or kissing with tongues involved, a romantic relationship with a man was conceivable...which led me to AVEN. It seemed to describe me. I jumped into the community and feel in love. And, while here, I learned a lot about myself. I had to think about my own experiences of attraction...I made a radar chart. I realized that...actually, the thought of sex with a woman wasn't repulsing the same way sex with a man was--though I didn't actually desire it. I realized that, yeah...I was romantically attracted to women. So, I took on the label "bi-romantic asexual." It fit.

But, a lot has happened in the past few months. I've been forced to think about a lot and deal with a lot. And I've realized that yeah, I am a lesbian--not a sex-crazed, nymphomaniac lesbian, but still a lesbian who experiences sexual attraction. It's taken a lot for me to get here, and AVEN was an important part of that process. I love this community. Thanks for everything. =) As I continue to figure out who the heck I am and such things, I will continue to stand with you all and work for visibility with you.

I'll hang around, if that's alright with you all (I know it will be =) ). While my hiatus was necessary for self-discovery and self-exploration, I can't imagine permanently leaving this community.

Guest the_random_squirrel

^_^ i'm glad you've finally discovered who you are! congratulations and :cake: are in order!

Good to hear you're not just going to abandon us, and it'll be good to have you back on the board. Do you know, your posts were some of the first i read when i found AVEN and they convinced me to join. ^_^ so thank you. and the best of luck with everything

:cake: :cake: :cake:

Nalle Neversure

Congrats for finding yourself. :cake:

And nice to hear you're sticking around. :D :D

I like your posts (and av ;)).

In_Omnia_Paratus

Thats fantastic :D, though I don't know you I am really happy you could learn to understand your own self. I hope to get there eventually :P

major congrats, though no cake because I'm sure you will get enough of that.

how about a ninja? :ph34r:

Dame du Lac

Congratulations on working things out! More :cake: for the journey.

You know you're not actually allowed to leave AVEN don't you?

Congratulations on working things out! More :cake: for the journey.

You know you're not actually allowed to leave AVEN don't you?

mhmm. It's like the Matrix, only purple instead of green.

DaniTheGirl

HEY!!!

I'm glad to see you back, and many congratulations are in order. Self-discovery is a beautiful thing. (So are women. much more beautiful than men)

I hope you continue to pepper the forums with your interesting and insightful posts...I always enjoyed reading what you have to say.

:cake: :cake: :cake:

xDani

Hey, congrats!

That's remarkably similar to how I am. When I consider sex with a man, I'm seriously repulsed to the point where I almost get sick to my stomach thinking about it, but were I with a woman, I'd be willing to have sex with her for her benefit. I would never do that with a man. I'm still questioning where that leaves me.

But congrats for finding yourself, I hope it works out for me as well ^_^

CAKE FOR ALL! :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

It is good to see you back.

You commented on a post on my blog telling me about AVEN. So I am here!

Thank you. :)

That's cool you're figuring yourself out and all. It's always nice to know who you're attracted to and everything. AVEN is such a wonderful place to discuss topics freely :D

Archived