Asexuality Shop Update 27MAR04

bard of aven

bard of aven

Fellow Avenistas,

Added a couple of products and designs (and I use that word very loosely) to the store.

Boxers and thong are there. There was no great consensus on text for them, so I made up someting. "It's only underwear. Get over it."

The Hamlet quote is now on a shirt.

So is a very high-end literary pun that I think fits. In "The Naming of Cats," T. S. Eliot writes of "the ineffable, effable, effanineffable" name of a cat. In his day, you couldn't print the F word in books. It would appear as f___ or f___ing. My theory about Eliot is that effan was his way of pronouncing f___ing. So if you do the substitution, ineffable becomes infuckable, and effanineffable becomes fucking infuckable. For now, the woman's t-shirt says ineffable on the front and effanineffable on the back.

You don't have to explain it. And anyone who thinks they get it is just going to say "Oh, you must be a cat person too."

Let me know if you have any designs, suggestions, or complaints.

The store is at http://www.cafeshops.com/asexualityshop

boa

Cate Perfect

The stein is great and I love the quote on the underwear!! I'm definitely getting a pair of the boxers for sleeping in. 'Ineffable' I LOVE it!

Cate

My shirt came today, right on the day UPS predicted it would.

I order a Small baseball shirt. If you wanna see the final results, check it out here:

http://public.fotki.com/Jayann2002/photos_of_me/vogue.html

(with shirt tucked in and sleeves cuffed back once over)

and here:

http://public.fotki.com/Jayann2002/photos_...full_shirt.html

(blurry and slanted, but a more accurate illustration of how a Small fits on somebody my size)

Oh man, I want an ineffable shirt now!

But even if had the money my parentle units would never let me get any thing from you awful people you lol. I'd have to explain that shirt... and that wouldn't go well.

bard of aven

Well, you would not be telling an untruth if you told them it was a quote from a T S Eliot poem about cats, and just left it at that....

boa

boa,

is it possible to make a bumper sticker with just the aven symbol? it's a silly concern but i'm not ready to drive around with the 'asexual tag' right now but i'd like to show my support and tell people who ask (or at least make the decision to tell certain people who ask). it could be like the rainbow the glbt people use on their cars. basically i envision it as follows...

aven.GIF

if it's not possible, no worries. just thought i might not be the only one in the same boat who want to show solidarity but aren't ready to tatoo the word asexuality on our car (or wherever the bumper sticker goes).

Well, you would not be telling an untruth if you told them it was a quote from a T S Eliot poem about cats, and just left it at that....

boa

Hmmm... 'tis true.

Now to save up 14 bucks...

Ack ... I can't remember where I saw it, or even if I am remembering it exactly right, but I saw a quote somewhere here on Aven which was something to the effect of:

"Asexuals ... have other things on their minds"

I really identify with that quote and would love to see it on a shirt or a coffee mug or ?

Does anybody else like it?

I have no idea what it takes to add new selections to the list of options, but if it can be done this is one I would probably buy ... in addition to some of the others that I have already decided I like.

-Greybird

I still love the one that appeard awhile ago

"Asexuality: not just for ameobs any more"

Thats my mantra now lol.

bard of aven

Hopefully within the next week or two I will upgrade the store so we can do multiple versions of the same iten, so keep saving those monetery units.

boa

Cate Perfect

I like Greybird's quote! :D

Cate

• 1 month later...
VivreEstEsperer

Yam, I couldn't agree more!

I would love something with the asexual symbol on it without the word asexual on it. (you just don't want to be advertising it ALL the time, at least I don't).

i second that Cate!!

i kind of agree about the whole consistantly advertising it thing too.... maybe id only wear the stuff when i know that im not going to be with anyone i know and have to explain myself!

like if i went shopping on my own .... id wear it then ya know.. but to be honest.. alot of the 'Joe Public' wont know what it means anyway!

• 1 month later...
"Asexuals ... have other things on their minds"

This is a great shirt...I can see another t-shirt design for men/teenagers/steriotypically-hormone-charged-demographic:

"Unlike with most guys, it's not so easy to guess what I'm thinking about."

Eh, it made sense in my head.

• 1 year later...

One of my best friends - who happens to also be asexual, but doesn't visit aven, came up with an awesome idea for a t-shirt. I wasn't sure where to post it though...

"Make love not sex!"

hawke

• 3 weeks later...

boa no longer runs the shop. He turned it over to me six months ago. The link to the new shop is at the top of the page.

*slaps head*

Thats what I thought.

I need to start looking at the dates more.

That's what I get for adding to a dead thread.

Oy!

-ASF

• 1 year later...

great idea with 'Effanineffable ineffable' :))

this is great way to express asexuality without saying it directly or interchangeably :)

tace care all of you

:cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Archived