Do you wear glasses?  

1. 1.

• Yes, I can't see without them
    • Yes, but I can see okay without them
    • I'm supposed to, but my eyes are good enough that I never wear them
    • Nope! My vision is fine.
    • Don't know - I may need some but haven't had my eyes checked
    • I'm blind... or other N/A

I was just thinking about this today. It seems like a lot of people that need glasses are also not 'the popular' people. Not that this has any correllation with asexuality, but I was just curious I guess. For the record, I have 20/20 vision.

xBlackxRainx

No contacts? I hate wearing glasses, they are uncomfortable...and broken :P

Yeah, have a contacts option added!

There's also at least one Lasik survivor around here.

I also don't know if glasses are really a drawback, since

Some people look really cute in theirs.

There's even some fetsish scene.

There's also always the easy option for population group internal dating. I'm tempted to guess that at least among the elderly perfect naked-eye vision can be found only in a minorty

_________

Anyhow. http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic...ht=glasses+poll you started the 3rd poll on this topic.

I'm still quite blind with my glasses, so I only wear them behind and especially under my electric drill, since concrete dust under contacts feels "wanna scream in pain" or for a quick halfhearted search which is no real reason to get up entirely.

Contacts here also. And I love the color of them. You see my eyes are a light green and then the contacts are evergreen and when the sun hits them they look like they glow. It rocks. :)

xBlackxRainx
Contacts here also. And I love the color of them. You see my eyes are a light green and then the contacts are evergreen and when the sun hits them they look like they glow. It rocks. :)

Lol, besides my regular contacts, I have these Zebra Stripe contacts which are great...but it gets annoying when people come up to and ask you if they are real......

..I just tell them I wake up in the morning stab both eyes with a blue ball point pen 50 times each, then wash them out with bleach... :P

borrowedTime

I don't know which option to choose...

I don't wear glasses; but my vision isn't fine; but I'm not supposed to wear them either.

I have perfect vision in one eye, and very poor vision in the other. Glasses improve the bad eye a bit, but not enough to make it actually useful at all.

I don't wear glasses, I have incredibly good eyesight regardless of the fact that I use computers for fifteen hours every day. At least.

I'm whichever one can see things that are close. I wear glasses when I'm out, but when I'm home, I'm usually doing things where I am looking close, so I take my glasses off. I also remove them when reading menus and such. Interestingly enough, I think this may be slowing the rate at which my vision worsens. Last visit to the optometrist, my vision did worsen, but the previous two visits, my vision actually had improved.

Also, concerning the popularity thing, in my experience, many of the "popular" type use contacts.

To continue with what Busrider said, the right set of frames can bring out ertain facial features and thus be more attractive than contacts.

I wear glasses all the time, but I can see witout them. However, everything is a bit blurred around the edges without my glasses. And if I want to read, I need my glasses.

I wear glasses all the time, but I can see witout them. However, everything is a bit blurred around the edges without my glasses

Same :D

Oh, damn, I knew I'd forget something. Well, assume your contacts are glasses.

I had awful vision - nearly legally blind. I could not see my own hand fully extended. Then I got laser surgery and now I am 20/25, which still is not perfect but definitely an improvement.

I had the worst vision ever fixed by the Army doctors here on Ft. Bragg.

November Rain

Yes although my eyesight is generally good without them. I usually wear them whenever I'm using a computer and my optician advised me to also use them for when I start my driving lessons very soon. Other than that, I like wearing them just to look sophisticated. :D

OperaGhost

My vision is about 20/30, but I have glasses for when I drive, even though I'm not required to wear them for driving. They help me read signs from a further distance, giving me more time to react to them, which is good.

reverse_thrust

I wear glasses when I'm not at home. The only reason I wear them is for driving and reading the chalkboard in a classroom. My vision is only marginally bad.

funaladanaly

I personally need glasses, but one option you forgot is people who wear glasses for trendy reasons when they don't have a prescription.

I'm a Lasik survivor, had it done 6 1/2 years ago. Now I've gotten to the point of needing reading glasses for near work, which is getting very irritating. I have over-the-counter reading glasses scattered all over the house now.

I don't wear regular glasses, my eyesight is fine, but my eyes are unusually sensitive to bright light for some reason and I need to wear sunglasses with polarized lenses outside most of the time.

Yes, I am near-sighted, but I wouldn't get lost if I had to walk around without them.

I think glasses make people look *more* attractive. Heh. ^^

jaybird721

Glasses for me [all the time]... I have moderately bad vision [can't distinguish facial features, read signs, books, computer screens, etc. without glasses], although it seems to be stabilized [no change for the last 2 years].

Yep nearsighted but can see somewhat well without my glasses.

i ve got -5 dpts so i cant really look without them..

i said yes but i can see okay without them. i only take my glasses off when going to sleep and showering. my vision is blurry without my glasses, but if i had to live without them, i could survive. but i can't see far away well at all.

I am slightly nearsighted. I wear glasses when I'm outside.

I'm not terribly squeamish, but I don't think I could use contacts (especially since most of the time I don't wear or need glasses). I've thought of laser vision correction, but I don't know if I could stand for the procedure or if I should just wait until age deteriorates my vision before getting the surgery. Plus I'd have to wait two years or so and get special permission from doctors before getting back into the cockpit.

I've not answered the poll as I only wear mine for reading, TV and the computer nad only then at home I seem to cope okay at work.

ratatosk_lemur

I'm sufficiently nearsighted that I can't even comfortably read normal-print books without glasses on. My vision finally has started to stabilize, though, and when I last got an eye exam last year, I didn't need my prescription changed for the first time since I was in elementary school. I've never worn contacts because the idea scares me, though I've heard there exist hard contacts that can help reverse the changes that cause nearsightedness and at least one eye doctor has recommended them to me.

I'm very nearsighted. I can't see to read a book without it being within about 8" from my nose - uncomfortably close. I wear contacts a lot of the time, but they bother my eyes after a while - twice now I've had to strictly limit myself to glasses for over two weeks to let swelling go down so I could stop seeing double. :-( I hope to get Lasik or something someday.

Archived