Kissing

ChrissyBunny

Just musing

Does anyone else REALLY HATE kissing?

I have not done much of it and won't be doing it again.

Tell me I am not the only one!

I don't really enjoy it. I end up doing it to try to express to others how much I care about them, and then just wait for them to be finished while I think about random things.

Adventuress Heart

I hate it for a few reasons.. I don't like people being close to me, don't want anyone's face in my face, have a hard time breathing as it is and GERMS!

I don't really like hugs either but occassionally if I do hug someone that's something special and it's putting out more than I usually do.

thebrightside

I don't mind giving people little pecks, but open-mouthed kissing kinda freaks me out. I did it when I had a boyfriend, but like velshoe, I was always thinking about other things. My mind would just wander elsewhere...

I don't like non-romantic kissing. Whenever I "kiss" someone in my family, it's just me kissing the air next to their face as I hug them (so I guess that doesn't really count). As for romantic kissing, I've never done it before, so I'm not sure if I'd like it or not. I would think that if I really liked the person I would want to, but I don't know if I could do french kissing- it seems so gross.

I desire a relationship with someone that involves close mouth pecks. but full on kissing...well..just makes me want to vomit into their mouths.

FelineFanatic

I do not like romantic kissing. However, I am OK to kiss an ill family member on the cheek, or kiss my cats on the forehear. Then, most viruses are species spacific so I am way less likely to catch germs from my cats than people. The thought of kissing humans on the lips who have been smoking or drinlking is repulsive. The thought of open mouth/French kissing gives me dry heaves. No, you are not the only one.

Well.. I've never done it.. But if I really love my partner then I guess pecks will be *somewhat* OK.. But open mouthed kissing seems a little awkward.. As long as I'm not doing it.. Its fine with me..

I hated it when I tried kissing someone. It's spit! Someone's spit in my mouth...it was soo gross

When I had a boyfriend, I would laugh throughout our makeout sessions. The whole thing was just absurd to me. And the saliva on my face felt really disgusting.

thebrightside
When I had a boyfriend, I would laugh throughout our makeout sessions. The whole thing was just absurd to me.

I've laughed a few times too...I felt so bad about it!

Okay, maybe I'm weird, maybe I'm not.

I'm straight, but I LOVE to kiss girls. It's just... well, nice. Really nice. That's as far as it goes, though. Guys I've dated have certainly gotten a kick out of it, too. lol.

I don't think I'm so eager to kiss guys, though. With girls, girls in general just share a natural, special bond, because we all intrinsically understand each other. I don't just kiss any girl, and I certainly won't kiss someone who's dating someone else. Yeah, not into drama. But, I'll kiss girls that I feel a certain "je ne sais quoi" with. I've outright made out with girls that were best friends of mine in the past, too.

Guys, on the other hand. I don't necessarily like kissing just anybody, even if I would consider them a really good friend. Most guys that I'm friends with are attracted to me, anyway, and I certainly don't want to give them that kind of idea, esp. if it'll never be my idea. Now, I guess I have 2 different approaches that I take: fling & serious. At parties, I can kick into fling mode and make out with random people, but it means nothing to me, whatsoever. But, when in dating situations, I have to really like someone in order to ever kiss them. Ever.

Well, sorry that I'm the oddball out here. I really like kissing. I always have. In fact, I could do that forever (with the "right" person), and never even think about the other stuff. Unfortunately, guys don't think that way. Damn.

Well, sorry that I'm the oddball out here. I really like kissing. I always have. In fact, I could do that forever (with the "right" person), and never even think about the other stuff. Unfortunately, guys don't think that way. Damn.

Don't worry, there are actually quite a few asexuals who enjoy kissing, just as there are some like in this thread that don't enjoy it. We're really quite diverse! :) I'm one of those who likes kissing, personally. And also, there are guys out there who can kiss and not have it mean anything sexual- I've met some that think like I do.

Pecks are fine, but once the crazy making out and whatnot starts going on I can't take it. Also, french kissing makes me want to gag.

I've also preferred "crazy making out and whatnot" when it's been with women I've been comfortable with (not when I was a teenager and trying to date boys who thought they were supposed to behave as if devouring great lumps of your face). Pecks are OK with friends, but are also for social convention with aunties you don't really like.

Oddly enough, I don't get much out of mouth-to-mouth kissing. I do like kissing to show affection, though, that is, me kissing something other than a person's mouth, like their hand or their cheek or something akin to that. I'm really, reeeally fond of that. I just don't get much out of the lip-kissy-sensations... I feel like I have less nerve endings than the average person or something. :?

Oh, and I don't even think twice about kissing/smooching/pecking anyone who's a friend. I can't even stand it when relatives do it, unless they're kissing the top of my head or something. Agh! I actually ran away from my best friend in the middle of an airport because she was trying to smooch me on the cheek. ICK. She ended up doing it anyway.. it was repulsive. Kissing would be far less repulsive to me if so many people didn't slobber... I don't slobber when I kiss things! There's no spit at all! I dunno... maybe I'm not understanding something about the whole open-mouth thing... :roll:

I can't stand french kissing or extreme make-out sessions! It disgusts me. But I don't mind mild kissing.

I like kissing. It's sex I don't like! Kissing - it's OK with me... Anything: pecks, lovable kisses, french kissing, extreme make-out, anything that has to do with two persons (male and female)'s lips... Honestly! :wink:

kiss-smiley-www.coolemoticons.com.pngflirt.gif

Kissing as in a peck on the cheek with close friends or family I really like, would definately do that with a significant other. I also like hugs and cuddling.

Kissing as in open mouth, tong touching I would rather never do again although, like others here, I've done it to make the other person in the relationship happy.

Anything beyond the "pecking" sort of kissing I can't stand, but I don't like doing it very frequently. To me there are so many wonderful ways to show affection that don't involve kissing or sexual stuff, it is a pity most people (I don't see it as much in the asexual crowd) are stuck on "sex and making out are the only ways to show affection". I even had a girlfriend once who told me that French kissing was the only real kissing, and she never wanted to kiss any other way. I should mention that French kissing makes me want to puke as well. I've had people of both genders try teaching it to me and I could not stand it for the same reasons others have stated.

I am glad I am not the only one who has started laughing or giggling during the few making out and other intimate moments I've had in my life. I do seem to be the only one who didn't feel at all bad about it, just annoyed right back at them when they'd get angry at my laughter first. When it comes down to it; I act silly during intimate moments because I can't take it seriously (the expressions sexual people get on their faces when they are being intimate are hilarious to me), and the laughter/giggling is a part of it.

Take care,

Jenn

Shortass Lady

French kissing is just...uuurgh!

I've never been able to understand why it's so popular in this culture. It looks gross, it sounds gross, it feels gross, and it's pointless!

I could be wrong, but I think pecks are generally just really light, brief kisses. I've always thought that they didn't even necessarily have to be lip-to-lip, but I have a feeling I'm wrong about that.

Yes, that's what pecks are. Sorta like "mwah" on the cheek with closed lips and the kiss lasts only a second. It can be anywhere on the other person, such as their hand or their face. If you are more intimate with them, on the neck or somewhere private. (if that floats yer boat)

I love pecking my nephews on their hair, it's like an instinct for me. My younger nephew doesn't like it though :)

I tend not to do kissing anymore since i just find the whole act boring, and just the tiniest bit gross. Plus i don't like people being too close to me, unless it's someone i'm really close to, and the only a passing hug.

Rix

I dislike it much, 'tis disgusting to me >_<

I even dislike kissing my elderly relatives. I don't mind giving pecks to my cat though, lol.

Archived