Moderators

AVENguy

In light of recent events it seems like a system of moderators might be a good idea. With my schedule I haven't had time to keep up on the forums, and because of that some things got out of hand. Mods would have some priviledges to lock, delete or move threads, though I would make the stipulation that they check with me before employing any of them. Basically a forum's moderator will be someone who regularely reads the posts (alot of you do that anyway), gives me a heads up if anything starts to get out of hand and helps to deal with the situation. We'll have moderators by forum (welcome area, rantings, etc). If you're interested in being a mod, PM me with the forum you're interested in (it should be one you read regularly) and a brief statement about why you want to be a mod (I'll mostly be going on what I know of you from the forums, but it's good to have a little something else.) This whole process is pretty informal, feel free to apply for more than one forum, etc.

Live R Perfect

Great idea, AVENguy! :D

Err... not that I'm putting myself forward or anything...

Though I do check the threads several times a day...

Hmmm... I'll think about it...

Live R Perfect

Hey, I had a dream that I think related to this last night, but it was all very analogous. (Is that a word? It is now...)

Anyway, in the dream I was at a roundabout and I could see some people I vaguely knew on the other side of the road clearly dealing drugs or something else equally dodgy (i guess these were the trolls lurking). I turned and walked away to avoid getting involved but got stopped by a policeman (AVENguy?), who said I couldn't go because I had to help him watch them. Ooo-er!

D'ya reckon I spend too much time here? :?

No. I had a dream about hanging out with Gorax last night.

We were just...hanging out. Talking about how trying to find a job sucked.

I think Bard would be good, too, if he wants to.

Cate

I had a dream after the every time you masturbate thread about me and Gorax running about killing anyone who admitted to masturbating to save kittens.

Well, there you go, then. I can't very well be a moderator if I'm dead. But thanks to those who nominated me for the vote of confidence.

boa

Eh, we spared the AVENites. In place of killing them, we threatened God into cutting them from the process.

Yes, we threatened God. And it worked. 'Twas a very odd dream.

I had a dream after the every time you masturbate thread about me and Gorax running about killing anyone who admitted to masturbating to save kittens.
*lmao* :lol: have fun I hope? ;) :P
anythingtestdead

jesus lives in my walls with pikachu and 3 strippers.......i dont know why but this makes me not want to be a moderator........

Damn Ilikepie......you have some crazy connections.....

Live R Perfect

Cate: Are you sure you were dreaming?

Skitzo: That sounds like a reasonable reason to me...

Bard: Looks like you're IT!

I was dreaming because we were in the same room, bitchin' about work. Unleeeeeeeess I magically flew to Canada in the middle of the night and Gorax and I had a little talk. I don't think so, though.

Cate

Wow! Many people dream of me

i think it's the dreadlocks they remember. :D

i wish i could remember what i dreamt... must not have been very important... :?

It's probably too late for me to add my voice, but if it's a vote, I'd go with the Bard, and possibly Twice Upon A Star, VivreEstEsperer and Liverlicker ... of course, all depends on whether they want to or not, and whether or not they have the time to do the job(s).

It'll be fun picking moderators for the language forums if we ever get to that, although I don't think there's a great deal of competition for two of them :P

I did IM with AVENguy about this, and he seemed to have it covered, and I want to be free to go on the occasional psychopathic rant myself, which theoretically should be avoided by moderators. But thanks for the kind thoughts.

boa

VivreEstEsperer

Ooh..I missed this thread originally. It never showed up in my new posts. dangnabbit makes more sense now lol.

I think boa is a good choice as well.

personally as much as i would like to i dont think i want the pressure of having to do something that i may or may not have time for... better to leave it to someone who knows theyll have the time. during school i only get to aven about three times a week and sometimes only once a week, so that's not all that much. Here at home tho I am happy to announce I have been on AVEN every single night since I returned. :) And am enjoying it. I love making AVEN a nightly routine. And I got like 50 posts in 4 or 5 days, lol.

I wonder if we are going to have an election, or if people who are interested will be self nominated... at least I ask that if mods are chosen that there be a post telling us of who they are and what their capabilities and responsibilities will be.

and yeah, we might as well have mods, I guess. I'm ideollogically opposed to it but on a practical level I support it. And we shouldn't need them that much anyway.

Kate

hey, didn't we used to have a mod by the name of selie? the hell ever happened to selie, anyway? :?

I wonder if we are going to have an election, or if people who are interested will be self nominated... at least I ask that if mods are chosen that there be a post telling us of who they are and what their capabilities and responsibilities will be.

not a bad idea... i especially like the idea of the notifications part.

i would have volunteered to be a mod (God only knows i'm on here enough :roll: :wink:), but considering work & school, i'd be too stressed to moderate anything. plus, i the status i have here at aven; complete nutjob a-phrodity. :wink: :twisted: :lol: w/ the mouth/keyboard of a truck driver. so, um, NAY!!! 8)

BOA: Psychopathic rants are all fine, I don't mind the odd one myself :P

To the others: given that the moderation role would be more of an emergency ministry/portfolio, rather than a leading or interventionist one, I'd reckon it'd be a matter of direct appointment. I think we'd be in trouble if a moderator was needed on a daily basis in any more than the short term.

Archived