Visibility necklace

!

I Was thinking about this while looking at the section about having an asexual ring. It was really difficult for people to agree on fingures, what hand to put it on, the shipping, and so on. I was thinking that maybe it would be easier and more affective if we could do a really simple visability necklace/bracelet that people could even just make themselves. Like maybe a string with just one purple (the aven color right?) bead on it. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Oh that sounds awesome :D

Or, if any of you are "camp kids" like me, I could probably figure out how to make the triangle with the bottom filled in, like the AVEN logo... I'd need enough beads, though... *starts conspiring*

it should be noted that purple isn't the official colour of asexuality or even AVEN; it's just used for inside jokes because of AVEN's layout and the high number of purple lovers around here.

Adventuress Heart

Just a suggestion, but since everyone is talking about some sort of piece of jewellery isn't it possible to design something then sell it on the AVEN online store? That would be really cool.

I've been doing a search about this topic and about the AVEN symbol/colours, is it still undecided?

Just a suggestion, but since everyone is talking about some sort of piece of jewellery isn't it possible to design something then sell it on the AVEN online store? That would be really cool.

probably not, since the AVENstore is run through cafepress and we can only allow the products that they sell.

I've been considering moving away from cafepress to an independently run store, though, where something like that could be a possibility.

What about something like last time with the rings? Find a piece of jewelry that's appropriate that everyone likes, and do a mass bulk order.

Adventuress Heart

Oh I see now. Creating a new store sounds good, it could include some more customized items as discussed.

Hope that works out.

...except for the fact that it's $165 :wink:

Adventuress Heart

It's pretty. Another factor though is if people like necklaces or would consider wearing it, male and female.

Yeah, an AVEN store that sold jewelry would be really good, but i was thinking It may be a good idea if there was a piece of visibilty jewelry that people could make themselves, like if they weren't able to order one.

Adventuress Heart

Keychains are also cool (not excluding the jewellery idea of course)

They would also make a nice addition to the store.

in a triangle shape with the letter A. It seems to be a pretty easy thing to make (each individual charm that is).

Hey, I'll try and make one whilst on holiday (there's jewellery making there) and post some pics, see what you think. I should be able to get them here next Sunday.

Yolly :D

UPDATE: I couldn't make a necklace but ennameling(sp?) onto a triangle seems like a good idea.

I would love to have an aven necklace. I just wouldn't where anything that is sold at the moment. Not because there is anything wrong with it, it's just not me. But I always want an excuss to buy a necklace.

Although, I thought someone was already in the process of doing a necklace design? I'm sure I'm heard something about it before.

Although, I thought someone was already in the process of doing a necklace design? I'm sure I'm heard something about it before.

That was me.

it's ridiculously hard to find a decently sized, decently priced upside-down triangle pendant. and I don't want to charge you guys $20 for a necklace. otherwise my design would probably be finished.

err, that's about $37 over here, which is rather expensive.

and I was actually going to take some plain pendants and use some transfer liquid to put the black and white AVEN triangle on them.

The triangle with the dots looks really cool... haha they're all pretty.

And I'm still looking for beads... :D

The Evil Cashew

charlie.. i'm a camp kid (sorta)

if you want to make one out of beads... do you know how to make the bead geckos? or snakes.. or god knows what they come up with now? i bet you can make a triangle out of that..

actually.. i am going to try right now...

~Cashew

Yup, that's what I was talking about ^_^

I think I might have beads downstairs...

The Evil Cashew

LOl yay for being on the same page..

i can;t find my itty bitty beads dammit!

these will work... hang on while i get photos

~Cashew

Archived