Annie's Mailbox

Caiterz

It was brought to my attention in the LJ community that there was an article about asexuals in annie's mailbox, a column ran in some newspapers... so i ran out to get my paper and sure enough there it was!!!

In case anyone's interested i typed it out...

I wonder if anyone from here wrote it....

"Dear Annie: When i read the letter from "No Sex for Me," I had to chime in. I am asexual. I was certain something was wrong with me for not wanting to be intimate with my boyfriend, whom I loved. But my nonexistant reactions to his physical overtures led to a painful and messy breakup.
Today i am happily celibate and feel liberated. Instead of obsessing about men, I'm free to spend that energy becoming a contended women. The asexual community doesn't get much attention. The sexual society finds us puzzling. Often people will ask me if I've been sexually abused or have some sort of disorder that makes me "afraid" of sex. The answer is: Nothing's wrong with me, nor do i fear sex. I am simply not interested.
Asexuals often have a long list of thing's they'd rather be doing while their friends are trolling the clubs looking for dates. People tell me I'll always be alone, but I am perfectly fine spending my life as a single women. Should I be fortunate enough to chance upon a man who accepts me as an asexual, I will count myself blessed. "No Sex's" husband may be asexual, but I hope she can continue to love him for who he is.
-Prattville, Ala.

Dear Prattville: We're sure your letter made a lot of people feel better in their own skin.
Thanks for writing."

2013 Mod Edit: Link.

The author of that letter saw what i typed on LJ and was boggled that they printed it :P

• 2 weeks later...

That is a very awesome letter. Did it get published in the newspaper, though? I hope it did.

Archived