Well, that was fun....

Shivers

I'd like to say a big hello to all the new members who joined from Good Morning America and 20/20.

While I do believe that the segments could have been presented better, they could have been presented a lot worse. The assumption that "you'll like it once you try it" is not an adequate one. If you look through the census forum, you'll see that a lot of people here HAVE tried it... many of them, repeatedly.... However, I am glad that they did try to present both sides of the argument, rather than simply ridicule the side of the people who participated.

I'm also choosing to take the fact that we only had two trolls as a sign that perhaps people will take this as it is.... simply a state a person can exist in, not a defect.

Despite the way that it was presented; asexuality is something that may change over time, or may stay with you your entire life. Even if it does change, that doesn't invalidate the fact that it's true for you now.... that it may help you find a part of your soul that you might not have otherwise. Dont let it limit you.... but dont let other people invalidate it for you.

I hope you enjoy the site... find some friends, find some answers.

Having said that..... asexuality CAN change. I dont know what I am..... but asexual isnt an adequate description for me. I have yet to enjoy sex; but as I dont dislike it either, and I DO enjoy the emotional aspect....

Combine that with the fact that I simply do not have time to check the website as I used to..... the time has come for me to step down as admin. I already stepped back a lot of my duties as admin a couple of months ago, but I still dont feel I contribute enough.

I was going to wait a little longer, but given how well 20/20 went over.... I feel its safe for me to hand off my duties to another admin now. We already have a decent load of admins, so I might not be replaced.... however to cover our bases, I'll be staying on until the descision is made, and if needed, until a new admin is elected. The descisions will be posted as they're made.

I'll still be on the site..... but I'm sure those of you that have been around a while have noticed that I dont post 1/10th as much as I used to... and thats not likely to change anytime soon.

Thank you all.... I've grown exponentially as a person over the course of the last year and a half, and a lot of that can be put to the acceptance I got here.

See you all around.....

Thanks for all your work Shivers.

Cate Perfect

I know how it is, man. *hughug*

Thanks Spock. You were one of the first to help me out around here way back when, and I know you're one of the good ones. Even if you fall below 1/10th of what you used to post, keep checking in every now and then. You are loved here.

*sniffs*

Thank you SO much for all your help. Please don't forget to drop by and visit.

-Greybird

Well, as long as you stay around, lurking occasionally, I won't be sad. And man, 1/10th of your former daily post count is still like, five a day. At least.

But man, you did a great job. Seriously, stick around.

We'll miss you in the admod team :( even with the trollapult it will never be the same.

(... you ARE leaving the trollapult, I hope?)

Nero laughed

You've done a lot of good admin work around here - thanks.

I sincerely hope you find what you're looking for. I hope you find yourself. See you around.

We'll miss you in the admod team :( even with the trollapult it will never be the same.

(... you ARE leaving the trollapult, I hope?)

Well.... I suppose I can leave you the Mark V. But I need the Mark VI for myself... I'm an operator on a lot of IRC channels.

Thanks guys *blush* I love you all too :D

Can't believe you're going too, I wish you all the best, you deserve it.

*Huge dragon ((((((((((HUGZ))))))))))) *

Archived