Alternate Languages

AVENguy

Seems like it's high time we got this site translated into different languages. Sacredprofane found some translation software:

http://translation.langenberg.com/

Which can do the job for us, but we need native speakers to verify that it all makes sense. Any volunteers? After it's been checked over e-mail it to me (webmaster@asexuality.org) and I'll work on putting alternate language sections together...

Worthless Poster

I can do Spanish, but not right away. I need a few days to catch up on some reading for all my 4 thousand AP classes.

VivreEstEsperer

I can give gorax moral support for doing french and say encouraging things that I think are in french to him... like.... "donne moi le chocolat!"

lol

I can give gorax moral support for doing french and say encouraging things that I think are in french to him... like.... "donne moi le chocolat!"

That one made my dad ask what I was laughing about ^^

Fantastic! Just to make this easier I'll e-mail you the text in your respective languages (sometime later this week) and you can correct it and e-mail it back to me. We'll work out something for links...

VivreEstEsperer
That one made my dad ask what I was laughing about ^^

lol!! i hate that tho, its so embarassing. well, sometimes.

alternate language forums? but do we have enough people who know each individual language to sustain those? am i really going to find out just how bad in french i've gotten? lol

Which text do you want us to translate? If it's the same one posted in topic "go international" then I finished that and I have only one little question about it. Let me copy it from there.

So I finished with translating that piece. There is only one thing that I don't know what to do with.

"As with other sexual orientations people can become or cease to be asexual as the term is and is not applicable to their life, though such instances are rare."

What does it mean? Because it sounds like several sentences mixed together. Does it mean that "As with other sexual orientations people can become asexual when the term is applicable to their life, or can cease from it if it's not."???????? But then what's with the "though such instances are rare." So is it supposed to mean that "they can cease from it even though the term is applicable to their life, though such instances are rare."????? I'm so confused. Help!!!

But the rest of the text was actually not that hard to translate. I was surprised. I looked at it and thought, "Ooooo, it's so long, it will probably take me a couple of days." And I did it so fast and without a sweat. I'm proud of myself.

By the way, my translation is to Polish. If it's some other text. That's okay. I can do it all over again with a pleasure.

So I wussed out and used the google translation software, results above. Could a few native speakers poke around and see if it's at least understandable?

Asexual: Eine Person, die nicht sexuelle Anziehung erfährt.

Now, THAT'S badass.

Hats, by the way, turns into "Hute", with an umlat (sp?)

So I wussed out and used the google translation software, results above. Could a few native speakers poke around and see if it's at least understandable?

Well, well,.......bäääääääääääääh! The German translation is really umm funny too read. Not too good, that is. If you want I can translate it for you, but unfortunately I haven't got any time at the moment. Remind me of it in 3 weeks, and dann werd ichs dir auf Deutsch übersetzen! :wink: = zwinker

Asexual: Eine Person, die nicht sexuelle Anziehung erfährt.

Now, THAT'S badass.

Hats, by the way, turns into "Hute", with an umlat (sp?)

See?! That's exactly what I mean...it sounds a bit weird, but one would grasp the idea anyway.

It's "Asexuell" in German btw. And hats is "Hüte", yes with an Umlaut! :)

Skiddaloxx

Skid- sounds good. Moslty I just want to translate the static content (like, well) but for the time the bad translation will work (it it does everything.)

If they're all horrendous then I'll just redo them.

I can still remember someone asking me when I was in France and on a school trip "Ou est le toilet?"

and I replied.

"Erm......Oui, le toilet est sur le table dans l'arbres!

I was really impressed but the chap looked puzzled. Then my French teacher came across and explained things to me. I think that is where the phrase "turning 50 shades of red" came from.

:lol:

*tries to translate with French he learned 10 years ago*

The toilet is under the table in the woods?

Something like that. I think it means "the toilet is on the table in the trees!"

I knew from that day on that English to French Translation might not be where my future lay.....

:D

Erm . . . Yes. The toilet is on the table in the trees.

Hehe I wish I could have seen his face!

Archived