New name for this forum?

Cate Perfect

Should we change the title of this forum?  

1. 1.

• Yes. To 'Musings and Rantings'
    • Yes. To something other than 'musings and rantings'
    • No. It's fine as it is.

We don't always just 'rant' here (thank goodness)

What do you think of 'Asexual Musing and Ranting' ? Or something like that.

I like 'musing'

(Thanks, g-bird!)

Cate

I could definitely see a place for musings AND rantings. I wouldn't want to eliminate rantings altogether because ... well, ya know ... sometimes ya just GOTTA rant!

-Greybird

I could definitely see a place for musings AND rantings. I wouldn't want to eliminate rantings altogether because ... well, ya know ... sometimes ya just GOTTA rant!

-Greybird

Mustings? Rusings?

boa

Another vote for musings and rantings. I'd love to put some things up for discussion, but the name of the forum makes me think they have to be negative in nature.

You guys are just too conventional! You expect us to use "proper" words all the time! Ugh! It's so frustrating hearing you say we can't come here to see wonderful and new made up words!

/ranting

I'm just kidding.

I'm fine with musings and rantings. I can see how it might be annoying to some that rantings is not a real word. But I think it sounds good, especially following musings.

Anyway, I am fine with anything you come up with, as long as I am allowed to rant!

Another vote for musings and rantings. Its kind of more descriptive of what the board is mainly used for so i think that would probably be fine.

22 - 5 - 5

Good enough for me.

Done.

Edit: If there are no objections, I mean. I just think the majority is good enough. If someone thinks we should give this poll more time, then just say so.

Yeah, I thought it was too long, as well, but if the people want it the people can have it.

Cate

I think that Musings and Rantings rhymes. Musics and Rants wouldn't rhyme. And general asexual.. hmm... I think new one is better. It wasn't that all about asexuality, you know, so perhaps this is more omni-content, more fitting.

'Asexual Musing and Ranting', with no 's's at the end of the words...

I was thinking that, as well, but then the other fora tend toward the plural...

Cate

Vicious Trollop

Yeah, I think general would be too long. Maybe we should change the forum description to let newbies know this is kind of the default forum if you're talking about a-issues that aren't relationship-specific?

I like "muses and rants", but then we have to be careful to distinguish it from the "philosophy and politics" section.

I like "muses and rants", but then we have to be careful to distinguish it from the "philosophy and politics" section.

This is what I was worried about. I like to keep those 2 forums separate. I will not have my favourite Philosophy forum gone to waste :( . I treasure all those wonderful political/religious arguments I've had in there :twisted: :twisted: :wink: )

Archived