HowStuffWorks SYSK podcast

hexaquark

They have a podcast about asexuality on HowStuffWorks. They have an article too, but it has been around for a while I think, and you can take a quiz.

They talk about cake, group X and the Kinsey scale, the asexual ram study, homosexuality in the DSM, Morrissey, Bogaert’s studies, AVEN, asexuality as an orientation, diversity of asexual people in how they experience relationships etc., gender in the asexual community, the growth of the asexual community, SAD and HSDD, possible historical asexuals, tv characters.

They also explain that it is distinct from androgyny, celibacy, sexual dysfunction etc.

And one of the guys doing the podcast became interested in the topic of asexuality because he saw someone wearing an AVEN t-shirt. Pretty cool!

Interesting. I'll have to check it out when I next download the podcasts. I've been working my way through most of the shows they did (well over 200, I think?).

I found this from DJ's Facebook page. It's pretty good. They get confused about the triangle thinking it's cake, even before they talk about the spectrum from homo to hetero.

At the end they mention House being on a list of possible asexual characters but never mention Sherlock. I don't know what list they could have been looking at. :huh:

Decent one, I'd say. They have a few terminology slip-ups, but that's to be expected. How did they miss Gerald Tippett in the list at the end? But good for them for being reasonable and covering so much.

Decent one, I'd say. They have a few terminology slip-ups, but that's to be expected. How did they miss Gerald Tippett in the list at the end? But good for them for being reasonable and covering so much.

I don't think that show is well-known in the US. Not sure if it's even shown on any channels here, regular/antenna tv or cable. I hadn't heard of it myself (but I may not be a good example. I don't watch much tv, mostly netflix.).

• 3 weeks later...

You rock! Thanks for the links and info! :lol: I rather enjoyed the podcast and I would recommend sharing it with family and friends as a pleasant introduction to asexuality.

:cake: for you!