Photos from Boston Pride!

Lirael1

I present to you... the first group of aces ever to march in Boston Pride.

IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3851.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

We couldn't march as an official group because it cost too much, so instead we all hopped onto another group that two of us were already marching with. We were our own little black-grey-white-and-purple cluster, waving our flags and yelling "We like you! Not that way!" and handing out fliers about asexuality to random spectators. It was pretty much the best thing ever. :D

N.B. If you were there feel free to comment, but for privacy reasons, please don't specifically point out who's who in these photos.

Batman's Ace

That's neat! I hope that guy knows how awesome his hat is!

Electric Barbarella

Awesomeness, y'all! ^_^ And you guys look super happy in the pics, so yes, indeed, we can see you had a good time, yay! \o/

BTW, how were people reacting to the leaflets?

Most of the ones I talked to were just like, "Oh, that's cool/interesting." A lot of them asked for further information, which I gave. One very flamboyant guy said (in response to my explaining what asexuality means), "Whaaat? Girl, that is NOT me! But I'm proud, anyway."

There were also some very strong reactions to the "Cake - it's better than sex" T-shirt. :P A lot of people vehemently disagreed (surprise, surprise). A few others said, "Well, if it's a really good cheesecake, I might agree with you..."

In any case, generally positive to neutral responses. I didn't get any outright negative ones.

That's neat! I hope that guy knows how awesome his hat is!

Indeed he does! ^_^

(I suppose identifying myself in the picture isn't so much of a problem? :P It's not like my username isn't intricately linked with my real name or anything anyway...)

Electric Barbarella

Most of the ones I talked to were just like, "Oh, that's cool/interesting." A lot of them asked for further information, which I gave. One very flamboyant guy said (in response to my explaining what asexuality means), "Whaaat? Girl, that is NOT me! But I'm proud, anyway."

There were also some very strong reactions to the "Cake - it's better than sex" T-shirt. :P A lot of people vehemently disagreed (surprise, surprise). A few others said, "Well, if it's a really good cheesecake, I might agree with you..."

In any case, generally positive to neutral responses. I didn't get any outright negative ones.

Wah, that's grand! I'm so happy to hear this! I hope for the London pride parade things go just as smooth too!

And congratulations to you guys for pulling this off! ^_^

Aren't you all just adorable? 8) Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Very cute!! There is a flag shop nearby and I wonder if they can make a nice nylon AVEN flag for me! ;)

I wore my cake shirt to Motor City Pride too.

:cake:

Archived