Slogans and Placards for Pride!

So, we're having placards in Pride and on them will be slogans. The plan goes like this:

1. We will decide on slogans to use, two minimum and possibly more in backup.
  2. We will decide which languages to translate them into, this being world pride. There will be a poll on this later, and we're looking for volunteers.
  3. We will list the final results of said slogans, and ask for people to design placards. Each will be two sided, with one thing on front and then the slogan a language on the back, which language that is will differ placard to placard.
  4. The designs will be considered and the committee will decide which one it likes best, and possibly to merge elements from multiple banners. In short, it'll be much like the process with the banner.

At this point they'll be printed on Foamex, to later be nailed or stapled onto a wooden pole to be used as a placard and handed out to any who want one.

On that subject, if you could consider if you'd be willing to carry a placard, or help with the banner carrying or balloons or handing things out etc. I'll note that last year I had a placard, a balloon tied to my bag and handed stuff out all at once. You don't all have to do that if you don't want, and those who have expressed interest will soon be getting a private message going into this more.

And so with that, I open this to bullet point number 1, any suggestions you have for slogans bellow!

There are, however, three rules:

• They must be as inclusive as possible of all asexuals, including those that for one reason or another have sex.
  • Whilst jokes are good we don't want to go too far into in jokes that outsiders wont understand.
  • Don't play too much into negative stereotypes such as the idea we dislike or hate sex, in general not just in relation to ourselves.

That's it! Suggestions bellow.

ETA: I should note, we're aiming to have one serious and one humorous slogan. And are keeping in mind how well these will translate into multiple languages.

Asexuals = finding love without sex

Ever wondered what an Asexual looks like?

Asexual call centre, enquire within

Yes, I am that 1%

No honestly, you ARE safe with me

I'm your best non gay gay friend

I just want to put in my main idea, because whilst serious I know it'd have meant a lot to me when I was figuring things out:

'Not Broken and Not Alone'

Capslock Cadet
Yes, I am that 1%

I love this one. It's hilarious when thinking of all the Occupy Wallstreet protests. It would definitely be an interesting conversation starter, I'm sure of that much :lol:

Yes, I am that 1%

I love this one. It's hilarious when thinking of all the Occupy Wallstreet protests. It would definitely be an interesting conversation starter, I'm sure of that much :lol:

I have to say, that's my main worry with this one, cause you don't have time to explain to most people what it is you mean.

'Not Broken and Not Alone'

There's more of us than you think.

How about ''

''

I like these ones :cake:

Guest member31022

Asexuals = finding love without sex

Not sure I like this one (I think it'd be simplest to avoid anything mentioning sex as an act, just so those of us who do have sex don't feel awkward).

I REALLY like this, because it's nice and simple.

I...don't like this. It's a bit creepy, and well, I wouldn't want to parade this round with my not asexual boyfriend walking with me. It feels a bit...well, judgemental. I know that's not the intention, but it's definately the vibe I get from it.

I'm your best non gay gay friend

Not sure I'd be cool referring to other orientations that I'm not.

How about ''

''

REALLY like this.

Uh, yeah, don't have any examples, but I definately think ones that don't sound anti-sex or no-sex are best, and ones that focus on the word 'asexual' or versions thereof because then it's obvious what they are (I think at least one of them needs to include the word asexual or asexuality).

Yeah, we're not going to use any anti-sex type slogans, or anything that even if it isn't meant that way will easily be seen as such by people.

As a note with 'asexy', other languages wont have that word, I know for a fact that Chinese doesn't. So that may pose a problem too.

In any case, a suggestion from a person on LiveJournal who volunteered to do the Arabic translation is this:

Asexuality around the world

How about ''

''

LOVE this one. :D

Yes, I am that 1%

I have to say, that's my main worry with this one, cause you don't have time to explain to most people what it is you mean.

The key here is not to prejudge what we think but ask, would someone stop me and ask what the 1% is and in turn help ask questions about Aexuality, I think it would. I think if people are interested, we should be making time?

as to "I'm your best non gay gay friend". I've often had this said mostly by females who know that I am not after them with a sexual agenda and being less tied to a typical male stereo type am less restricted by male roles and more open to female issues amongst my friends. Obviously not being gay means the quote is applicable to those of a hetro nature but again it's about thought provoking to enquire.

I saw this some where else, I think it was something Michael linked me to, and it goes like this "Cake, Hugs and Rock & Roll"

Notte stellata

Yes, I am that 1%

I like these two best. :)

Okay I also came up with one, but I really don't know how good it is, or if it sounds silly:

"What do you mean by 'sexy'?"

"Asexuals exist."

(Brilliant contribution, eh? :P )

I also like the "this is what asexuals look like" and "not broken, not alone".

• 6 years later...
Cakeandcuddles

How about

”Valid in love. Valid in sex”

idk I might look back on this and think it’s stupid. I do that a lot 😛

• 3 months later...
everywhere and nowhere

Maybe something very simple:

"Some people don't desire sex. Deal with it."

• 4 years later...

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. This event has finished.

So, it's being locked.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator