What, if any, of the dating sites do you use?

henrik

11 members have voted

1. 1. Out with it, already!

• Acebook
    • Affectionate Friends
    • Asexual Pals
    • Asexualitc
    • Celibate Passions
    • Platonic Partners
    • Match.com
    • eHarmony
    • PlentyofFish
    • Chemistry.com
    • SpeedDate.com
    • GayRomeo
    • OkCupid
    • Matchmaker.com
    • Compatible Partners
    • Gaydar
    • Lavalife
    • Parship
    • Other
    • None

Radiocarbon dating is a radiometric dating method that uses the naturally occurring radioisotope carbon-14 to estimate the age of carbon-bearing materials up to about 58,000 to 62,000 years. However, we're talking about the other variety of dating, the human interaction inducing personal contact kind.

Please do add your thoughts about the subject, but I urge you to listen to the show first. It will considerably clarify the poll and give tons of thought-provoking entertainment. You can find the show here:

http://alifepodcast.wordpress.com/

Moon Thief

I've used okcupid in the past, but at the moment I currently don't have an account on any dating sites.

Matters Of The Heart

Never used one, don't need one anymore. :3

My mom met the man who is now her husband on eHarmony, though. So apparently it works.

Asexy Existentialist

Never used a dating site, because they kind of creep me out. Technically I signed up for Acebook, but do you honestly think I could be bothered to follow through with another website? As it turns out, fate brought me to Aven to meet my other half anyway (and of course to chat with all of you lovely folks).

tried the usual ones, most are false ones or so out of date I doubt many may even be alive

so I never worry about dating let alone on the internet

None. Most are US centric anyway which is pretty useless considering my geographic location. And to find out if by any chance there are people from my vicinity I usually have to register which just puts me off the whole online dating thing <_<

SciFiCinderella

I had an account on OKCupid because I used to mess around with the tests a lot when I was bored, and I thought the matching system might be kind of cool for making new friends. Most of the messages were just from guys who totally ignored my profile and tried to get me to hook up with them though, or if they did read it, sent nasty messages asking why I was putting myself out on a site like that when I didn't want to date. Despite them having options for 'new friends', 'activity partners', and 'long-distance pen-pals'. <_<

There was a few cool people on there of course, but eventually I just got annoyed with the rest and deleted my account.

Archived